16kadams
danger93

North korea vs south korea

16kadams

16kadams

Pro

This is a 1 vs 1 war, no alliances. In my opinion North Korea would win. Con must disagree and be for south Korea.1st round acceptance
danger93

Con

Accepted. I will say the South Korea will win the war.
16kadams

Pro

As you know it is a 1 vs one, no alliances.

First off don't even bother saying that the south Korea's economy or amount of people will win the day. Once North Korea launches its nukes down south the Koreans are basically ^&%$#. Once that happens their numbers and economy will sh to a halt, and possibly hit 0. So that doesn't work. Their technology won't help either. Once again once nukes are launched south Korea is dead. So the nukes are a huge advantage.

Also the Morale is a huge factor. Their society on both sides is about honor, hence high morale. Well the north Koreans still have edge here. They believe their leader Kim Jung Il is a god, and if he says go kill they will go kill until killed themselves. So since South Korea would pull out once a certain percentage is killed (tactical thinking) the North Koreans would just go kill and then kill enough to cause a South Korean retreat. Morale another advantage for me.

A third advantage is military overall. They have the 4th largest military on earth, 1,000,000 people are enlisted in it. And I know numbers aren't much but that is the only functional thing they have in North Korea. The south doesn't have the numbers in their army to face North Korea anyway, well not immediately. So army to s off with point for me.

I wish you good luck and have fun, I am already enjoying this topic.
danger93

Con

Well, you are talking about nukes and offense. North Korea might be only offensive but weak defense right? South Korea has one of the best defends. It can defend the nukes and attack North Korea because as I said earlier, North Korea might have poor defense. I will expand later if necessary.
16kadams

Pro

South Korea does have a good defense, in a case of a war like this (no alliances) I would hope for the south. But they would not win. They recently have tested Missiles the size of the Hiroshima bomb, in missile form. It is hard to intersect a missile, especially when you enemy is so close it could come without warning. Let's take the benefit of the doubt, they intercepted the missile (which wouldn't happen without American support) the north Koreans still have artillery in range of Seoul, the south Korean capital. So even though the missiles have been blocked they just lost a city. Here's my info for the nuke missiles: http://www.guardian.co.uk... And may I add the north Koreans have attacked a south Korean island, so that's 2 areas destroyed, and Inchon would be shot at also. 3 areas destroyed even without a nuke.

Here's a site describing the north Korean army as a whole: http://www.globalsecurity.org...

Here's a site of north Korean assault of he island I was talking about: http://en.wikipedia.org...

http://iamkoream.com... This picture is a visual area. Yeonpyeong is the island bombed, and the north Korean long ranged artillery is on that peninsula, shown on the Wikipedia site. And Seoul is on the border, Inchon is next to it (not shown on the map). And as you see Seoul is near the , and their in range of it.
Here's another map: http://www.world-guides.com... Icheon is even closer to the border, so that will be hit sightly more accurately.

North Korean defenses. The North Koreans are going to be the ones to attack first most likely anyway, and the best defense is a good offense. And as the site above (global security) states, their along the border in trenches overlooking the order, plus have multiple bunkers. So a land attack is futile, especially with 1,000,000 man army on the north Korean side.

North Korean air force: 110,000 personnel
1,600-1,700 aircraft
South Korean: 65,000people:
750 air craft.
North Korean win the air fight. Not to mention the units on the ground, A-A units. North Korea has an extensive interlocking, redundant nationwide air defense system that includes interceptor aircraft, early warning and ground controlled intercept radars, SAMs, a large number of air defense artillery weapons, and barrage balloons.

And since alliances don't come into play in this debate, without an American military how can the south block a nuke? Please clarify. Thanks...
danger93

Con

#1. You have said no sources and now you are using web sources. I will not post an arguement because you have rebutted to me usig sources
16kadams

Pro

crap I forgot you can do it now, this round and next I wont use any but you can.. sorry. really sorry.
danger93

Con

According to wikipedia.org, South Korea has the 2nd largest reserve troops, and the fourth largest active soldiers than North Korea. North Korea may have the 4th largest soldiers but South Korea has 2nd largest reserve troops. I will expand more if necessary.

My opponent has allowed me to use sources for 2 of my arguements because he has accidently used sources. If I find that he uses sources in his next arguement, I automatically win. If he can not rebut to me, I win.

I thank my opponent for letting me use sources for 2 of my arguements.

REMINDER TO MY OPPONENT: YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO USE SOURCES. IF I FIND THAT YOU DID I AUTOMATICALLY WIN.

Lets see if my opponent can rebut this. Will he?
16kadams

Pro

Can you tell me how many trops the south korean reserves. North Korea has 1,000,000 soldiers under it's belt as I stated before this, and also you need to specify howth korea can block the nukes from the north, plus you need to alsosow how they will protect themselfs from artiltrikes from the north. So that being said, all of that means that south korea will be a waste land withour americas help, and sadley for you this is a 1 vs 1 debate.

Also you need to tell me how you will win the airforce fight. You will win the naval fight, but that wont matter when the south is ground zero and Your airforce is defeated. So you need to rebut that also. It will be hard for you to do this because my airforce is almost twice your size. Plus sam missles and other things will force a victory vs air strikes that sneak behind my planes.

Plus I still have the moral advantage over you, and this wasn't taken down either, so that still stands.

I have also proven just as good as yours.

So since your capital would be destroyed by artillary, icheon woukilled by artillary, and everg else becomes nonexistent because of the nuclear missles and bombs then your whole case is destroyed. So once ou can rove against my nukes, air force, and allary, and defense plus 's size, then you haven't won the debate. (the nukes and artillary will be hard to refte)

I wish luck to you on this topic

P.S. If this really happened I would root south (but they wouldnt win without american help)
danger93

Con

South Korea has 5,000,000 reserve troops according to g2mil.com/korea/htm. Also South Korea would win too when North Korea strikes, it can stall for few days and South Korea could be in a position that can overrun the North Korean (remember without any alliances im talking about). That was also according to g2mil.com/korea/htm. The chance of the Korean War to last with victory is very mysterious. It is hard to find out.

Voters, I have rebut my opponent and I was allowed to use sources because he had use them when he said not to. I was allowed to use sources for 2 of my arguements and therefor I have won. Voters I urge you to vote con because I have been able to rebut my opponent.
Posted by danger93 5 years ago
danger93
O_o actually lets say its not 1v1. JK. xD
Posted by 16kadams 5 years ago
16kadams
you didnt rebut me fully, and you wouldnt 'overrun' the north koreans. They have short range nuklear missles like the ones in herishima. So they just launch a few in cities and reserve bases then you fail, plus my air force would win, plus my artillary. So BANG! I win. but in real life america would launch 3 nukes and N. K. id finnished. I've been reasearching, N.K. has no alliances, so If I had not done a 1v1 i would have failed.
Posted by 16kadams 5 years ago
16kadams
Posted by 16kadams 5 years ago
16kadams
cool, how is online harder?
Posted by danger93 5 years ago
danger93
dude its hard to debate online:easy to debate is rl. I was debating in my university and I won :D
Posted by 16kadams 5 years ago
16kadams
? no im better at face to face debates, im ok in these, and were the same age.
Posted by danger93 5 years ago
danger93
I'm suppose to win. WOW
Posted by 16kadams 5 years ago
16kadams
I know you never said hat, im stating what I think.
Posted by bozotheclown 5 years ago
bozotheclown
Wow... Having a debate without evidence is one of the stupidest ideas i've ever heard of... If you both can use facts then it is even.
Posted by danger93 5 years ago
danger93
I didn't say your a terrible debater. You just used sources when your not allowed to now I am able to rebut your points for 2 arguements STRAIGHT. I got a rebuttal on you. There is an unlikely chance that North Korea would win. Its a coincidence. Remember last 2 years the football game with colt and saints? Saints were weak but they had won the game. Everyone thought colts would win. Its a coincidence.
Vote Placed by bozotheclown 5 years ago
bozotheclown
16kadamsdanger93Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Both of you had terrible conduct. Using curse words in the debate, and even the comments too. The only thing i can vote on is spelling and grammar, and con wins on that one.
Vote Placed by Man-is-good 5 years ago
Man-is-good
16kadamsdanger93Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro loses points for conduct for writing "No sources allowed" and yet still used them away (as reading assignments)....However, Con did little to defeat Pro's arguments and, characteristically, wasted the entire debate. Cheerio, danger93..
Vote Placed by Cerebral_Narcissist 5 years ago
Cerebral_Narcissist
16kadamsdanger93Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Debates like these are making me hate DDO.
Vote Placed by Lordknukle 5 years ago
Lordknukle
16kadamsdanger93Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Who said no sources??