Truthfire
anna951

Not allowing illegal immigrants into the United States of America

Truthfire has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 3 weeks ago Status: Debating Period

Truthfire

Con

I do not completely disagree with you because we should allow immigrants into the United States of America. But what we should do is prevent illegal immigration because handing out citizenship will not prevent drugs coming in from across the boarder I also do not agree with Donald J Trump but one very small thing that I do agree with is with is doing something about illegal immigration that is my argument for now
anna951

Pro

I don't 100% disagree with you either. My opinion is that the best way for the United States to address the issue of illegal immigrants is through reform of the immigration/citizenship process...I don't think a lot of people realize how difficult, costly, and time consuming it is to move to the the US. These issues are things we need to work on.

I don't think " handing out citizenship" is the best way to describe the reform happening in the U.S. recently. It gives a path to citizenship (so they are allowed to go to college and pay taxes, hooray!) through background checks and lots of hard work, and require the person to have lived in the U.S. for a long time. I argue that this type of legislation allows immigration officials to focus on the people who may actually be dealing drugs.

What specifically would you do to reduce illegal immigration?