phuongtran
Maliza

Not too much TECHNOLOGY!!!

Started: 8/27/2015 Category: Technology

phuongtran

Pro

I think that students should not be allowed to use their phone more than 4 hours a day. I'm a student and most of my time in school, I've already use so much technology (tablets, i pads, sometimes phone) for my school work and in recess, I'm seeing lots of my friends using technology and texting their other friends which is like 2 meters away from them. This is not a very good problem for us (students) to over use these amazing technology. Personally, I use my tablets for school work and doing my other private things and it already took me 2 hours long.
I used to have sleep over and my best friend is always on her phone texting and using Facebook, she hardly talks to me which is a very sad situation to be in. Nowadays, we actually hardly talk verbally and just texting each-other instead of word using their mouth talking. This is a very serious problem. Too much technology could damage your eye sight, your over using and trusting the technology too much which one day might kill you!!! T.T. Thirdly, Four hour a day is too much!!. For me, I go home at 4 and then do my homework...... which took me 3-4 hours ( with no technology with me) and than it's dinner time.....after that I use tech for about 1-2 hours (just to check my mails and doing online tests to help my grades)
To wrap up about this situation, I would highly recommend you reading this and think about how much time do you spend a day on your technology (sorry for the bad spelling mistakes
Maliza

Con

I understand what you're saying but keeping that in mind, people rely on everything for tech. They use as alarm clocks, to find recipes, to search up homework, to find advice they can't find anywhere else. I also think you're exaggerating, I highly doubt that if you have a phone and tablet in front of you, that you're only using it 2 hours a day and that too only to do online tests for homework. Many students would obviously use it for homework but there are too many other things you get dragged into, like Tumblr, Facebook, 9Gag and whatever and while I think it might be too much, it's not something anyone would just give up on one day.
phuongtran

Pro

Yes, We couldn't give up our technology in just one day...... But we should always try our best and not get distracted by the amazing technology. I don't use social media because I'm a bit too young for that. The reason why I don't use social media is because I've heard many rumors (and I think those rumors are true) about young teen ages got cyberbullies and killed themselves!! I dont want that to happen to me? And another reason why I hardly use my technology for other things is because it makes me lazy......When you're on your phone or other technology, you feel like there's nothing else to do except for texting your friends.
Maliza

Con

- You say that you don't use social media because of rumours of being cyberbullied and young teenagers being driven to suicide, but how many times have you been in an ICT lesson or a school assembly where teachers constantly show you videos of not exposing yourself in front of strangers, giving out personal information, sending your pictures to random people you meet on Kik or Facebook?

- It's obviously very sad when an accident happens and young boys/girls feel that they have no other option but to end their lives but a lot of help is available to protect them from older attackers on the internet. Although if they actually listen to all the advice being given such as not giving out information and adjusting their privacy settings, it would help a lot and it's important for everyone to know about it.

- Your other reason is understandable BUT I don't think it necessarily makes you lazy. Personally I've been spending too much on my phone the past 2 months during the holidays but I'm volunteering and helping out at a place nearby and even if I do spend all night on my phone, I know I have things I need to do and I can get up in time.

- I definitely don't think that when I'm on my phone all I do is text my friends, in fact I hardly do that! I spend most of time going through posts on Tumblr or playing Agario (haha I know) or something.

- People can choose to tone down but if they're comfortable with the amount of time they spend on their phones, it's their choice and most of you're reasons are not really reasons, especially about cyberbullying because that happens from both parts, especially when the 2 people involved are strangers as they've both chosen to talk to each other. If they know each other in real life such as school, they can go to talk to parents or teachers and when they don't, it's always sad to hear about those accidents and suicides.
phuongtran

Pro

We actually have assembly like once in a month and class meeting twice a week. Yes, you might not just text your friends in school, you could do other things with your phone.... playing games, going on social media, watching videos etc..... How about this......If you are actually not really on your phone much because you are having an assessment to do, you heard this phone ringing about new texts or stories from snap chat and Facebook.... and it's from your best friend....If it's me, I would be not willing to care much about that, I would just leave it alone because I know for sure, if I read the notifications, I would be dragged in to the phone and forgot that I have to do my work :( If you are an adult, for sure you would know when is the right amount of time to stop right??? But if you are a teenager these day !!! You would be willing to be on your phone and exploring apps, in my school right now, every single recess time, I see 3/4 of the kids in school bring in these fancy phone like iphone 5s iphone 6 iphone 6 plus and stuff like that..... And you know what they did!? They go on social media and text strangers (I knew that from when I ask my class mate about the person she's texting to, she didn't even know the guy name and keep on sending love messages to him!!) And it cause her late to class and got to detention........
Maliza

Con

Sorry, but you're just repeating your point again and again. I already said, young people are given a lot of advice on what NOT to do on social media. If kids and teenagers want to go on their phones at break then it's their choice, they should be allowed to, I know I do. If you're friend is texting strangers, maybe you should help her then? Tell her parents, try and talk to her? Students who know when to get off and when to get things done will do so, those who don't are just generally lazy and if they didn't have their phones, I'm sure they'd have something else to distract themselves with.
Posted by Maliza 1 year ago
Maliza
lol should've voted then :/
Posted by debate-master1 1 year ago
debate-master1
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RFD Pro

These days in the world we use technology everywhere. We use many things out of technology. It is not a lot of technology.