ChristianDebaterBrad
OMGJustinBieber

Nothing can be proven real

Reasons for your voting decision - Required

ChristianDebaterBrad

Pro

This is meant for fun.

Both pro and con are to take the role of mushroom eating, pot smoking junkies.

Pro (who's name will be Dan D. Lyons) will claim nothing can be proven to be real. Although actual argumentation (logic) for pro side to support this position (for purposes of this debate) can be real. I'm really just hoping for humor though. Sometimes logical arguments can be humorous though!

Con (Who's name will be whatever the opposition wants to be referred to as within the context of this debate) will attempt to prove one thing to be real.

I hope we can somewhat make it like we are not so much against each other but trying to convince each other from our viewpoints within our drug induced stupors. For the purposes of this debate let's say that (for the story) we have been best friends all through life.

First round is acceptance.

2nd round - opening arguments

3rd round - rebuttals/ contentions from opponent's second round

4th - closing statements, argument summary

OMGJustinBieber

Con

I, Jim Jones, accept this debate with my longtime friend Dan D. Lyons. To make my arguments I will naturally be looking to natural sources for inspiration, and yeah, that's my acceptance.
ChristianDebaterBrad

Pro

Dude, nothing can be proven real. This conversation or anything! Hey what time is it? Did I just ask that?? Did you hear that! Lawl, it was my washer... Dude these pop tarts are amazing! Oh crap, what time is it?

Logically speaking, we cannot even prove that we exist.

"I think therefore I am" this is not even logically sound. By even using the word "I" in the statement, he is inferring that he exists before he has proven his existence. In other words, it's a cyclical proof...like when you use a word to define itself. Also, why does thinking necessarily equate to one's existence?

What if we are someone's dream! Dude.

What time is it... Oh yeah...

I just picked a Dandy Lion...

I think I just saw a blue man walk by my door eating a steak on a stick singing the Looney Tunes them song...
OMGJustinBieber

Con

Dude, that was pretty insightful. I really think you're coming onto something here, but remember that it's just your opinion, man. You remind me of this French guy I read a while ago, you two should meet. But maybe he's dead.

It's possible this is all a dream. But even if you say our surroundings can't be proven real, I know one thing that can. Numbers. And logic. That's actually two - off the top of my head. Regardless of whether this is a dream or not, these two things stay constant regardless of whatever conscious state we are in or the existence of an external world.

Yeah, um, have you ever wondered if like, God could be a woman? You just like get up there, and it's like this skinny redhead with huge tits.

Oh, another thing, like, our definition of the word "exists" necessarily encompasses someone who can think and got those neural pathways firing. I mean, if you want to change the definition feel free cause it's just a word, but I think for this talk we should stick to the normal definition.

Peace.
ChristianDebaterBrad

Pro

Oh, JJ, you're definitely a philosopher if there ever was one, man!

The thing is though bro, numbers and logic only stay constant within what we know through our personal existence. If you can't prove our existence is not real, numbers and logic, although they seem constant, could just be part of the 'system' dude. Don't let 'your' brain and veil of existence fool you buddy.

God a woman? Whoa.

When I meet God, I'll ask him if this was all really real or not and He'll say, "Oh-th my-th weary-th son-th, thou-th thought-th it-th was-th real-th, but-th it-th was-th fake-th." And I will reply, "Thank-th you-th, Lord-th"

We have to discuss the definition of "exists" JJ, because does the word itself, "exists," really even exist?
OMGJustinBieber

Con

Thanks Dan.

Bro, I don't know what kind of proof you are demanding. The fact that you can even think about this topic means that your own existence has already been validated. Minds are reducible to physical elements, and to claim that these physical elements do not exist is itself an action of a physical mind.

Also, our personal existence has nothing to do with mathematical or logical truths. When we die does 2+2 stop being 4? If at a given time in a non-human universe, asteroid A is bigger than asteroid B, and asteroid B is bigger than asteroid C, then asteroid A must be larger than asteroid C. If you know what I mean, these truths are just kind of...out there. Not perceiver dependent.

Like, bro, if reality is only dependent on our existence then does the world literally disappear when we go to sleep and re-create itself when we wake up? That would be wild, though. I just want to like, you know, hear you out. I'm just trying to LINESreadLINES of what you're saying LOL GET IT??
ChristianDebaterBrad

Pro

ChristianDebaterBrad forfeited this round.
OMGJustinBieber

Con

Dan must have been busy. nbd.
Posted by ChristianDebaterBrad 5 years ago
ChristianDebaterBrad
No problem, just please as soon as you can either update or forfeit. Hope you can debate! :)
Posted by BlackVoid 5 years ago
BlackVoid
Sorry I don't think I'll be able to get to a computer on time. I've been going to different places for work and wifi is very inconsistent. If I end up forfeiting, just restart the debate for someone else to accept. Sorry for the trouble.
ChristianDebaterBrad
You need to accept in the first round so I can post my opening argument bro
Posted by BlackVoid 5 years ago
BlackVoid
It's fine, the fifth round isnt arguments anyway.
ChristianDebaterBrad
Ah, sorry I would have changed it to four but haven't been on here in a day so or and didn't see your comment til you had already taken it. We can just forfeit our last rounds if you want
Posted by BlackVoid 5 years ago
BlackVoid
Screw it, I dont want to risk someone else taking it.
Posted by BlackVoid 5 years ago
BlackVoid
Please change to 4 rounds! I want to take this so bad but 5 is more than anyone will read.
Vote Placed by Double_R 5 years ago
Double_R
ChristianDebaterBradOMGJustinBieberTied
Reasons for voting decision: Counter to massvotebomber
Vote Placed by MassDebator255 5 years ago
MassDebator255
ChristianDebaterBradOMGJustinBieberTied
Reasons for voting decision: Did you really just say that?
Vote Placed by Man-is-good 5 years ago
Man-is-good
ChristianDebaterBradOMGJustinBieberTied
Reasons for voting decision: Even while acting like a druggie, Con made a valid point about the resolution.
Vote Placed by ApostateAbe 5 years ago
ApostateAbe
ChristianDebaterBradOMGJustinBieberTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro forfeited. Just like a junkie