Nothing is Perfect

R1: Acceptance
R2: Arguments
R3: Rebuttals
R4: Ending Statements. (No Arguing in this round.)

Thank you for posting this, I am grateful for finally having a say in something like this. Thank you, again. I completely and fully accept this.

1. having all the required or desirable elements, qualities, or characteristics; as good as it is possible to be:

"she strove to be the perfect wife"

synonyms: ideal · model · without fault · faultless · flawless · consummate·

Nothing can be perfect, simply for the fact that nothing has "all the required desirable elements, qualities or chracteristics, we all die. Everything breaks, (watches, books, etc.) nothing stays forever. Even some sharks who live more millions of years die. Nothing is in fact perfect. A synonym for perfect is flawless. I think I speak for everyone on earth when I say that everyone and everything and every anmial, has a flaw. Nothing can be perfect.

Thank you for giving me the definition. It also means "having all the required elements".

Now that gets me thinking. There are no official "required elements". In everybody's mind, they have their own set of "required elements". They are all different. For me, the required elements may be "they must have blonde hair, a loyal companionship, four legs, and they must have a fuzzy black nose." Thus, to me, perfect would be a golden retriever. And that's what I consider perfect.

But everyone has their own set of "required elements". And if there's anything or anyone that fits all of those elements, to that person, the thing or person is deemed perfect.

So, while there is not a universal "perfect", there is something perfect for everybody, and perfect exists.

of, relating to, or characterized by defects or weaknesses:
imperfect vision.
not perfect; lacking completeness:
imperfect knowledge.

Ah yes. I have heard the term, "That's perfect!" But is it really? If someone is building a house, and they say that it is perfect, I can imagine that they think that the house will hold itself. Which it will. But will it forever? As I said in my first argument, sharks live to be 40,000,000 years old. You and the definition of perfect, said that perfect means to have all the required elements. It also said all the DESIRABLE elements. A blind person desires his sight back. In his mind that is a factor that would make him perfect. A deaf person desires to have his or her hearing back. In that mind, hearing would make them perfect. True there are machines that can give back hearing. But are those machines perfect? Don't they break just like anything else? A person can have deirable elements. However thay do not always receive them. So in their minds they are not perfect. Also an unavoidable yet tragi fact, I that we all die. If we were in fact perfect,, death would not be a factor anyone would have to worry about.

Jocie forfeited this round.

Although you forfeited, i really enjoyed our debate. Thank you for a good time! :)

Oh yeah I had a great time debating with you. I am just going to close up with this just because:

This debate was perfect.

My "required" elements were:

- A kind opponent
-A good debate topic
-A fun time

And even though this debate is over, I can conclude by saying something must be perfect because this debate was.
Posted by Jocie 1 year ago
Thank you!!! I hope to debate some other time!
Posted by Eli01 1 year ago
I really enjoyed our debate. You have some good skills.
Posted by Jocie 1 year ago
Oh wow I am sorry for forfeiting I have a lot of stuff going on I guess I'll make a really good argument next time
Posted by Eli01 1 year ago
I look forward to debating this topic with anyone that wants to.
Vote Placed by Leo.Messi 1 year ago
Reasons for voting decision: Good debate all round-FF gave pro conduct.