leleux14
sboss18

Novembe 1st is too early to decorate for christmas

leleux14 has forfeited round #2.
Started: 11/28/2016 Category: Arts
Updated: 1 week ago Status: Debating Period

leleux14

Pro

If you decorate for Christmas before Thanksgiving then you will have Christmas decorations up while celebrating a different holiday. I think the appropriet time to decorate at the earliest is the day after Thanksgiving
sboss18

Con

Not all countries celebrate the American Thanksgiving. For example, I currently live in Japan, and the city where I live begins decorating for Christmas in early November since we don't have a traditional American Thanksgiving holiday, just "Labor Thanksgiving" which is totally different. Also, isn't it a bit authoritarian to tell people when they can and can't begin decorating for a holiday?
Posted by Rjupudi18 3 days ago
Rjupudi18
Thanksgiving is not as important as Christmas and many people don't celebrate it. And I think people should decorate for any holiday whenever they wanted to.
Posted by Bluemooncloud1 5 days ago
Bluemooncloud1
No it is not