DebateloverHJK7
Curci

Obama Has Not Fulfilled His Duties as President

DebateloverHJK7

Pro

Obama has obviously not fulfilled his duties as president. Yes, I do agree that it was a major accomplishment to take out Osama Bin Laden, but that is about all he has done. If you haven't noticed, we are in about 17 billion, 384 Million dollars in debt. He also is losing ground rapidly with the Speaker of the House.
Curci

Con

We may be in debt, but just remember that that debt was not started by Obama. He has supported important social issues such as gay marriage and abortion, started the removal of troops from Afghanistan, implemented a flawed, but generally good bill ensuring that we, as a society, do not let someone die just 'cuz they don't have health insurance. I'm not too knowledgeable on this, but he has implemented/plans to implement several beneficial environmental bills as well, which is something that is a top priority nowadays lest the level of C02 release becomes so large that methane burps start coming from the ocean, the Earth starts heating up, etc. Feel free to correct me and refute my arguments.
DebateloverHJK7

Pro

DebateloverHJK7 forfeited this round.
Curci

Con

I await your response. :)
DebateloverHJK7

Pro

DebateloverHJK7 forfeited this round.
Curci

Con

I continue to await your response :)
Posted by Topkek 3 years ago
Topkek
Even though I don't like many of Obama's policies, it would have been interesting to see how his reforms would've worked had Republicans not blocked him continuously. Nonetheless, that is no excuse for his failure in implementing said policies. Many Presidents in the past, both red and blue, have gone up against opposing congress and still managed fairly well, even without an over-reliance on XO's. Obama's presidency has been mediocre at best. Not bad, not good, and the blame definitely rests on him.
Posted by Dr.Intellegent 3 years ago
Dr.Intellegent
Obama can't do everything. He's a democrat and republicans aka congress don't like him.
Posted by Voice_Of_The_People 3 years ago
Voice_Of_The_People
You won't win
Posted by liberal17 3 years ago
liberal17
I really want to debate this but I am in so many debates, I have to end them soon.