Smiley02965
adrianiscorrect

Obama as Pesident...

adrianiscorrect

Smiley02965

Con

By far, in my opinion, Barrack Obama is the worst president we have had so far in the United States. I am in no means trying to be racist, but the only reason that he got elected is because he is black. Everyone wanted to make history. But now everyone is realizing how Obama isn't taking us anywhere. I think it's time for a new president.
Agree or Disagree?
adrianiscorrect

Pro

I believe that Obama is not the worst president we have ever had and that he should remain president.

I wish my opponent good luck.
Smiley02965

Con

Well tell me one thing, How did Obama become eligible to run for president,when he isn't even considered a citizen of the United States? And a while ago, he was trying to take away the rights for Americans to own guns and keep them in their houses. The 2nd Amendment states, "A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

What is the Reasoning that Obama has created to take this right away from us? Some people say that for someone to be able to own a gun/firearm, they have to first obtain a license, therefore people say its a privilege instead of a right. Although you only need a license if you are going to hunt with it or to use it as a self defense weapon. Therefore, the 2nd Amendment is a right not a privilege, and who says that Obama has the "right" to take that away from us?
adrianiscorrect

Pro

I will challenge my opponents assertions first and make my own arguments second.

1. Rebuttals.

A) Obama is eligible to run for president.

To be eligible for president, according to the constitution you must be 35 years old, have lived in America for at least 14 years and be born inside the 50 states.

Obama's birth certificate - http://www.whitehouse.gov...

Obama has lived in America at the very least since he began college and stayed to serve in the senate (if you want me to cite this I will, but seeing as he had been a public servant for a decade before moving into the oval office I think this point is beyond dispute).

Therefore, he ticks all three boxes.

B. He has never tried to repeal the 2nd amendment.

How do I prove something he didn't do? He has tried to ban certain models and increase gun control. But he has never tried to repeal the 2nd, or any amendment. Sorry.

2. My argument.

Barrack Obama is not the worst president ever. To win this point, all I have to do is find one president who is worse than Obama.

Andrew Johnson and Richard Nixon were both impeached.
Warren G Harding said of his tenure "I am not fit for this office and should never have been here". (1)

So far Obama has not given any evidence of wrong doing or incompetence on a level of these three. He has not had a Bay of pigs, Watergate, Lewinsky...instead he has overseen the death of Bin Laden, overseen the worst economic crash since the 30's and kept the country going and all of this with constant accusations that he is not really an American and probably the most aggressive opposition party since the 1800's.

Regardless of were you stand politically Obama cannot be said to be the worst president ever.

Right now, he is not the worst president ever.

(1) - http://www.usnews.com...
Smiley02965

Con

Smiley02965 forfeited this round.
adrianiscorrect

Pro

There are some good stuff in the forums about how all this stuff works, I am still getting to grips with this stuff myself...

Hope to debate you again in the future!
Posted by Smiley02965 5 years ago
Smiley02965
Dude I'm just messing around. I'm new into the whole debating online thing.
Posted by 1dustpelt 5 years ago
1dustpelt
I don't think Obama's the worst, but he's not the best either.
Posted by adrianiscorrect 5 years ago
adrianiscorrect
No offence, but this is the worst debate ever.
Posted by Smiley02965 5 years ago
Smiley02965
Well tell me one thing, How did Obama become eligible to run for president,when he isn't even considered a citizen of the United States?
Posted by adrianiscorrect 5 years ago
adrianiscorrect
I believe that Obama is not the worst president we have ever had. And he should remain president.

I wish my opponent luck.
Vote Placed by 16kadams 5 years ago
16kadams
Smiley02965adrianiscorrectTied