mcallister.aya
Mariodude34500

Obama being impeahced

Mariodude34500

mcallister.aya

Con

Debate: I don't think he should be impeached.
Mariodude34500

Pro

I think that President Obama deserves to be impeached. To provide a example. In 2007 when he was running for office Obama said that "I will provide our intelligence and law enforcement agencies with the tools they need to track and take out the terrorists without undermining our Constitution and our freedom". "That means no more illegal wiretapping of American citizens. No more national security letters to spy on citizens who are not suspected of a crime. No more tracking citizens who do nothing more than protest a misguided war. No more ignoring the law when it is inconvenient. That is not who we are. However. Under President Obama the wire tapping program has expanded. The program has been estimated to have spied on 5.5 million Us citizens. He Has a track record of lying to American citizens about the NSA, about foreign policy, and about the healthcare bill. According to several white house insiders, well Obama was telling everyone if you like your healthcare plan you can keep it, they where estimating that 5% of America would lose there healthcare plan. America's population in about 317 million. Five percent of 317 million is about 15 million. Correct my math I might be wrong. Either way that's millions of people that lost there healthcare plan due to Obama lying. So I believe Because of these things I believe Obama should be impeached.
mcallister.aya

Con

Yes, I do agree that there are some things he could have done better but when people just say " I think Obama should be impeached" they don't take into consideration that he has done great things for this country. For example, I'm pretty sure you've seen it on the news, gas prices have been reduced significantly. Who did that? Obama did. Also, he killed Osama bin Laden. The man who killed thousands of people during 911. Also he brought the unemployment rate to 8%. And he ended not one, but TWO wars. Yes he has made mistakes but he did a lot of good stuff!
Mariodude34500

Pro

The Gas prices falling is not do to Obama. It doesn't work like that. There are many economic forces that go into what the gas prices are. Just saying Obama did it's a very simplistic approach to a complicated issue. Also if you think Obama is responsible for the prices falling do you also think he is responsible for the massive price hikes a couple years ago? Now he did kill Bin Laden, but that's minor in the entire fight on terrorism and once you remove the factor of revenge for 9/11 basically means nothing.

Unemployment being at 8% is good and I can say that Obama deserves some credit for that I think the bad things he has done as I mentioned in the argument above far outweighs the positives of his presidency.
mcallister.aya

Con

mcallister.aya forfeited this round.
Mariodude34500

Pro

Well if your forfeiting the round there isn't much to say look at my comments above as to why he should be impeached .
Posted by ohdayum 2 years ago
ohdayum
lol mcallister... Did you not take AP Econ. Why did you accredit the falling gas prices solely on Obama ;). Also gas prices would drop a ton if Obama encouraged the Keystone Pipeline. But he freaking hates it lol. Mcallister....... your funny man.
Vote Placed by MrJosh 2 years ago
MrJosh
mcallister.ayaMariodude34500Tied
Reasons for voting decision: First the easy bit; PRO gets conduct due to CON's forfeit. A little more complicated are the arguments. The BoP in this debate is odd, since PRO actually had to demonstrate that President Obama had committed sufficient "high crimes and misdemeanors" to warrant his impeachment. PRO's arguments boil down claims that Obama did not fulfill campaign promises; this is not sufficient to warrant impeachment. Therefore, due to the odd BoP in this debate, I give arguments to CON.
Vote Placed by Bwacit 2 years ago
Bwacit
mcallister.ayaMariodude34500Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Well, Con forfeited so...