TFranklin62
studentathletechristian8

Obama has trouble speaking without a teleprompter

studentathletechristian8

TFranklin62

Pro

I stand in affirmation. If you will view this video, you can plainly see that when Obama's teleprompter doesn't work, he can't speak very well at all. he stutters and can't think! He makes the excuse of not getting enough sleep, but eh messes up constantly on different occasions! He thanks HIMSELF at the white house St. Patrick's Day party For the party! more videos to follow. I implore you debater, prove me wrong, there is no doubt that Obama continually messes up his speeches without the use of the teleprompter!

youtube.com
studentathletechristian8

Con

I stand in negation to the resolution, "Obama has trouble speaking without a teleprompter"

Obama-current president of the United States

trouble-difficulty, misfortune, conflict

speaking-utterance of word phrases, recitation

teleprompter-a brand name for an off-camera device that displays a magnified script so that it is visible to the performers or speakers on a television program

"If you will view this video, you can plainly see that when Obama's teleprompter doesn't work, he can't speak very well at all."

This is a video that shows him speaking publicly in front of an audience. In your entire argument, you forget to mention how he personally speaks to family, friends, and individual people. Because the resolution is his general speaking, you have only argued about his public speaking, which is only one aspect of his speaking. He does not have any trouble at all speaking with family, friends, or individual people he encounters. I have given more instances of his use of speaking that are not affected at all by the malfunction of a teleprompter.

"he stutters and can't think! He makes the excuse of not getting enough sleep, but eh messes up constantly on different occasions!"

I believe this is in reference to his public speaking. Even though his public speaking is only in minority in comparison to the majority of his personal/private speaking, I will refute your argument. You cannot say that he stutters only because of a lack of a teleprompter-that is illogical. He could be nervous-FOR IT HIS PRESIDENTIAL CAMPAIGN. Seeing people awaiting on a big speech is nerve-racking, anyone would stutter. People have difficulty in public speaking situations, and stuttering can some times pop up. He may also have a stuttering problem. I have a stuttering problem, but that is not for the lack of a teleprompter-that can be the same case as Obama. You did not present supplement evidence. And saying he can't think is ridiculous- every living person can think- their brain waves are constantly flowing. Not getting enough sleep most definitely affects a person's talking ability. He messes up on different occasions- but all of these occasions are during his presidential campaign. During a president's campaign, there are tons of speeches, meetings, and campaign conventions-it is a very busy lifestyle and would definitely cause a lack of sleep-HE'S RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT! A lack of sleep is only natural-nerves about the next speech or the next potential political gain would easily keep the average person from getting an efficient lack of sleep.

"He thanks HIMSELF at the white house St. Patrick's Day party For the party!"

This means nothing. Many times, a person tries saying something, and the word inversion comes out differently. This all comes back to having speech or stuttering problems-which Obama may have. You have given no direct and proven information that Obama has trouble speaking without a teleprompter. Plus, Obama simply could have been drunk! It is St. Patrick's Day, and many people can get drunk. Instead of the lack of a teleprompter, he could have made this statement because he was drunk. I am giving examples that prove it is not necessarily the lack of a teleprompter that makes him have trouble speaking.

"I implore you debater, prove me wrong, there is no doubt that Obama continually messes up his speeches without the use of the teleprompter!"

So what about his speeches? Like I said, his public speeches are only a minor part of his general speaking. Because the resolution is, "Obama has trouble speaking without a teleprompter," it is not only about his speeches. YOUR BURDEN OF PROOF is to show that ALL instances of his speaking are troubled with lack of a teleprompter.

I appreciate you posting this debate. Please try to prove exactly what your resolution says. You need to show that all of his speaking is troubled with a lack of a teleprompter-not just his public speeches. Thank you...
TFranklin62

Pro

TFranklin62 forfeited this round.
studentathletechristian8

Con

Pro has forfeited this round. As the Instigator and Pro, my opponent has the burden of proof to show why Obama has trouble speaking without a teleprompter, and he has not.

I rebutted all of his contentions in the previous round, so I do not need to further my arguments. I will simply say that when Pro says that Obama has trouble speaking without a teleprompter, he only refers to Obama's public speeches, and he did not give essential evidence to prove it. He did not mention the other instances in which Obama uses his voice to speak, like when he talks to friends and family. The resolution implies that all of Obama's speaking is troubled with the lack of a teleprompter, and I just proved that is untrue, I have met Obama and he had no problems speaking to me without a teleprompter.

The opponent has forfeited this round, I have rebutted his contentions in the first round, and I hope the well deserved vote goes to Con, for Pro forfeited. Thanks
TFranklin62

Pro

Mr. Con, i apologise greatly for my failure to post my argument soon enough.
Yes that was a video showing his PUBLIC speaking skills. I intended this debate to be on his public speaking skills. First, I would like to pose a question: do more people hear him when he is speaking publicly, or when he is having an individual conversation? The answer is the latter. Sure, anyone can talk to family and friends, even one-on-one conversations with important people like the prime minister of England. But he fails over and over again when it comes to public speaking without a teleprompter.

"I have given more instances of his use of speaking that are not affected at all by the malfunction of a teleprompter." No you haven't sir. talking to "family and friends" isn't an example that is realistic. It doesn't say with whom, or when. Again I say that anyone can talk to family and friends without being uncomfortable. (By family I mean that person knows the other well) Even if you don't know some of that family well, being uncomfortable isn't common.

"He may even have a stuttering problem" Nay again sir, he has proven that he can talk through numerous speeches, WITH a TELEPROMPER, I might add! Yes public speaking can be challenging for some people, but Obama again has proven that he can speak to THOUSANDS of people without stuttering (again, with a teleprompter). Why would a small town-hall speech like this one be any different?

"This means nothing. Many times, a person tries saying something, and the word inversion comes out differently. This all comes back to having speech or stuttering problems-which Obama may have." I have already refuted this and won't do so again. Several videos (go on youtube, they are very easy to find) and THANKING HIMSELF, isn't enough to say he has problems talking without a teleprompter?

"Plus, Obama simply could have been drunk! It is St. Patrick's Day, and many people can get drunk. Instead of the lack of a teleprompter, he could have made this statement because he was drunk." Sir, if our president allows himself to get drunk, then I think that we have a bigger problem than public speaking, do you agree? The president being drunk, "like many other people on St. Patrick's Day" isn't appropriate, this is saying that he submits himself to the standards of "many people" I for one don't want an ordinary president!

"So what about his speeches? Like I said, his public speeches are only a minor part of his general speaking." No AGAIN sir! public speaking is a HUGE part of is communication! Not anywhere NEAR minor!

I have let my words fool me, and for that I am sorry, I am saying that Obama can't speak publicly and without messing up without the use of the teleprompter.

Again, I am sorry that I failed to get the last debate in on time.
studentathletechristian8

Con

It's all right, I understand it happens some times, but it still counts as a forfeit unfortunately. (just for that round)

"Yes that was a video showing his PUBLIC speaking skills. I intended this debate to be on his public speaking skills."

If you intended this debate to be on his public speaking skills, you should have clarified it in the resolution, first round, or second round. In the resolution, it refers to his speaking only, which includes all variations of speaking, from public, to personal, to private. In the first round, you did not say what type of speaking you were referring to. In the second round, you forfeited, so you did not clarify again. And now in the last round, you come in and say it should be only on his public speaking skills? I will focus on this mainly, but the whole debate should be on all his speaking, for that is the resolution.

"First, I would like to pose a question: do more people hear him when he is speaking publicly, or when he is having an individual conversation? The answer is the latter. Sure, anyone can talk to family and friends, even one-on-one conversations with important people like the prime minister of England. But he fails over and over again when it comes to public speaking without a teleprompter."

This question you posed does not correlate with the resolution. It does not matter how more people hear him. the resolution was simply that Obama has trouble speaking without a teleprompter. Saying that anyone can talk to family and friends and have one-on-one conversations proves my point, that Obama does not have trouble speaking without a teleprompter in these scenarios, and he is involved in these scenarios more often than public speaking, so you just proved my point. Saying he fails over and over again when it comes to public speaking without a teleprompter holds no weight. You are not specific, do not give evidence, and do not give more videos of when he has failed. Plus, today I heard him on the news, publicly speaking to everyone in the nation, and he did a very adequate job. He looked at everyone in the press and used no teleprompter, and he had no trouble.

"Again I say that anyone can talk to family and friends without being uncomfortable"

Then you prove my point that Obama does not always have trouble speaking without a teleprompter, so you are supporting my side of the debate. You yourself have given instances when Obama does not have trouble speaking without a teleprompter, so you have turned your back on your own resolution and supported my side.

"Nay again sir, he has proven that he can talk through numerous speeches, WITH a TELEPROMPER, I might add! Yes public speaking can be challenging for some people, but Obama again has proven that he can speak to THOUSANDS of people without stuttering (again, with a teleprompter). Why would a small town-hall speech like this one be any different?"

First of all, this was one example. You have only provided one or two examples, so you simply cannot generalize and say Obama has trouble speaking without a teleprompter because of only one or two cases. You have not given conclusive evidence that his trouble in speaking is due to the teleprompter, I have showed that there are other variables that could cause trouble rather than the lack of a teleprompter. In this quote, you are saying that it is weird how he can speak to a big number of people without stuttering by having a teleprompter there and he can't speak to a small number of people without a teleprompter. Again, you have not been specific at all, give no evidence, no more videos, and give no sources. It is discredited and cannot be proven true on your half, so I will not waste time arguing. Your lack of proof or research shows and holds no water.

"Several videos (go on youtube, they are very easy to find) and THANKING HIMSELF, isn't enough to say he has problems talking without a teleprompter?"

Once again, just telling us to go on youtube is laziness and is not evidence. Thanking oneself can just be the cause of nervousness, you have not proven that it was ultimate the lack of a teleprompter. You do not explain when he has the lack of a teleprompter or the instances why he does not speak well without it.

"Sir, if our president allows himself to get drunk, then I think that we have a bigger problem than public speaking, do you agree? The president being drunk, "like many other people on St. Patrick's Day" isn't appropriate, this is saying that he submits himself to the standards of "many people" I for one don't want an ordinary president!"

Okay, your counterargument is outrages. I said my thing about St. Patrick's Day to give another example when it might not have been the lack of a teleprompter. He could have been drunk, every person has the ability and possibility to get drunk, and this drunkenness could have led Obama to not speak correctly, which would disprove what you said about the lack of a teleprompter. I simply gave instances where other factors could have led to troubled speaking instead of the lack of a teleprompter, and you have failed to disprove them or even substantially prove your resolution.

"No AGAIN sir! public speaking is a HUGE part of is communication! Not anywhere NEAR minor!"

You obviously do not understand what I typed. I said, "So what about his speeches? Like I said, his public speeches are only a minor part of his general speaking."What I meant was that compared to his overall speaking, Obama spends less time with public speaking than with his private speaking. You misunderstood my quote. And because you did not clarify the resolution, at the time it incorporated all his speaking.

In conclusion, I have given instances where it is possible that other factors could have cause Obama's troubled speaking rather than the lack of a teleprompter. The opponent has not successfully proven or given evidence of instances where Obama has trouble speaking without a teleprompter. If you have read the whole debate, it is pretty obvious the vote goes to Con. thank you
Posted by TFranklin62 5 years ago
TFranklin62
FYI on May 5, Sean Hanity HISELF said in these words, "Obama can't speak well without a teleprompter." Speak to that, We all knew what he meant, dcome on.
Posted by studentathletechristian8 5 years ago
studentathletechristian8
dude your resolution says speaking, so it refers to ALL his speaking, public and private. you agreed with me that his private speaking is not troubled with the lack of a teleprompter, so the vote bows to Con
Posted by TFranklin62 5 years ago
TFranklin62
i have failed to determine the debate at the beginning, you are right, i am new at this and try my best, but i failed non the less. i refuted your argument about the being drunk, and you call it outrageous, let the voters choose. you said that you would only debate the public speaking skills aspect of the debate since i failed to clarify, yet again and again you go back to the whole "family and friends" voters, i hope you see the major error. And also, obama may spend more time with family and friends, but more PEOPLE hear him publicly, hence the PUBLIC part. voters, your turn to choose.
studentathletechristian8
waiting for the last round is too late
studentathletechristian8
if it was on public speaking skills, you should have said it in the title. when you say speaking, it refers to all of his uses of speaking
Posted by TFranklin62 5 years ago
TFranklin62
i am SO SO SO SO SO SO sorry i didn't get that last debate in i missed the deadline by 2 minutes. i will for sure get this next one in, and the debate is about his public speaking skills, i will return to this in the debate
Posted by bored 5 years ago
bored
I was considering it, just because you have my picture, but when I read it fully..well, it's too subjective and not really important, no offense. For the record, I think he is a fairly good speaker, better than Sarah Palin at any rate.
Posted by TFranklin62 5 years ago
TFranklin62
so still no one wants to debate me! what now?!
Posted by untitled_entity 5 years ago
untitled_entity
Hitler made great speeches too
Posted by wjmelements 5 years ago
wjmelements
"You cannot debate this. WAAAAYYYY to subject to the individual"

You CAN debate this, but you cannot trust the votes that result as objective.
Vote Placed by Riley09 5 years ago
Riley09
TFranklin62studentathletechristian8Tied
Vote Placed by DeadLeaves93 5 years ago
DeadLeaves93
TFranklin62studentathletechristian8Tied
Vote Placed by Urania 5 years ago
Urania
TFranklin62studentathletechristian8Tied
Vote Placed by Marv 5 years ago
Marv
TFranklin62studentathletechristian8Tied
Vote Placed by rougeagent21 5 years ago
rougeagent21
TFranklin62studentathletechristian8Tied
Vote Placed by studentathletechristian8 5 years ago
studentathletechristian8
TFranklin62studentathletechristian8Tied
Vote Placed by TFranklin62 5 years ago
TFranklin62
TFranklin62studentathletechristian8Tied