tepman45
Randomknowledge

Obama is better than Clinton

tepman45

Pro

His background is better than clinton and another thing is that if clinton wins im sure the US would be ran like hell
Randomknowledge

Con

Hello, tepman and I am glad I get to debate someone on this. First I want to say that your position is PURELY opinion, as many think that Hilary Clinton is better qualified. I do not support sides for this in my personal politics, but for the purpose of this debate, I will side with Mrs. Clinton.

First off, experience wise, she has had the most of it (were talking between her and obama), from being a senator, to being first wife. Heck, her husband must of rubbed off on her somewhat.

Secondly, Obama is young. He is the youngest candidate for office, and while many think he is the next kennedy he is slightly unexperienced. He is strongly winning the african-american vote and the supporters of the Kennedy foundation, who have endorsed Obama.

Obama, only being a young 45 year old senator, has not nearly as much experience as Hilary. She was first lady and senator, and allthough I am repeating myself I feel it neccesary to prove that point.

I would now like to point out some FALLACIES in the Obama universe.

This directly from the Roslindale local, for which I will later give a link. Yes, some of this IS opinion, but some is hard fact, and a mix of both makes a strong debate. Here it goes:

During the Nevada caucuses, the culinary workers union fought hard in the courts to ensure that the election would be held at the seven large casinos to convenience workers. The move was blocked in the courts, because it would unfairly benefit the Obama campaign. The prospect that working people in a 24/7 city would be disenfranchised from the democratic process that African Americans and women fought so hard for was intolerable enough. But then the culinary workers union flew its bosses out from New Jersey. In a violation of workers' Constitutional rights, the union bosses pressured workers not to vote under penalty of dismissal, termination and denial of union support during the grievance process.

Obama failed to protect people of color and women workers in Nevada who were denied the right to vote by his special interest supporters.

Obama's close ties with this special interest group resulted in his failure to intervene on behalf of the workers who were being coerced into forgoing their Constitutional right to vote. And this is not the first time that Obama puts special interests ahead of the basic human rights of people, whom he purports to represent.

Obama has taken contributions from special interest slumlords that he represented as a practicing attorney. Race and housing have been inextricably intertwined issues in America's inner cities for far too long.

The well being of the African American and all inner city communities depends on the quality of housing. However, investors in large public housing projects have no incentive to maintain and improve public housing, because profit margins carry greater weight with them than the right of American families to have clean, habitable and safe environments.

We cannot talk about housing without talking about race, because too often African Americans are given the short end of the stick on housing.

Obama is not a candidate who shares the civil rights record or the African American experience. He comes from a corporate law environment and lives a privileged live that takes him a step removed from the struggling American families.

Now for some pros about mrs. Clinton, from the same article:

Hillary Clinton has a history of working with the Children's Legal Defense Fund. Instead of working at a big corporate law firm when she graduated from Yale Law School, she took up the baton for disadvantaged children of working families in inner city communities and fought for civil rights. Hillary has long fought for civil and human rights of African Americans, Latinos, women and children.

During the Clinton Administration, Hillary lobbied for the appointments of more women to high offices in Washington, D.C., than at any other time in American history.

Hillary's campaign is getting unprecedented support from women of all races. To me, that's what hope is all about. Do we want a candidate with a track record on civil rights, equality and women's rights or a candidate who only pays lip service and looks the part? Where will we be if we allow the wool to be pulled over our eyes?

People of color and women have come too far to let Obama to take us backward now.

The next time Senator Obama touts himself as the best candidate for African Americans, Hillary as the best candidate for women and Edwards as the best candidate for white males, ask, how can we vote for a person who wants to divide communities into sectors? Hillary is the true candidate that unites us around these issues. This is why the experience of a more qualified candidate will be crucial to the immediate future of all America.

This was written by Jeff Ross. He is an attorney with Ross & Associates of Boston. You may notice some pretty heated comments at the bottom of the article. these are merely more opinion, and heated at that. they bring up the Monica Lewinsky affair, and more fallacies from the Bill Clinton presidency.
This has nothing to do with Hilary's current status and is all behind her. She is her own person, with Bill only standing as a support. If she wants something done, she does it.

Thank you and I await your Rebuttal.
tepman45

Pro

Barack Obama has dedicated his life to public service as a community organizer, civil rights attorney, and leader in the Illinois state Senate. Obama now continues his fight for working families.

But you must consider that even though Clinton is fit to be president,there is still some other bad things.People,especially republicans,hate her.It might happen that the government would have conflicts rather than unite for one reason and thats to make united states the country of well being.

And you must also consider what scandal her father did.We must remember the Lewinsky Scandal that her father made.Like what they say,"history is about to happen again" and "what the tree is,that is also its fruit."
Randomknowledge

Con

ok, I just want to point out that the Monica Lewinsky scandal was her husband, and not her father. You also said that obama was a community leader, activist, etc. So was Mrs. Clinton.

I want to make sure that people recognize this dbate as just your opinion. Im sure obama has done some bad things that people dont know about, as well.

you cant just generalize and say that he is better. You also didnt refute my points that it is only your opinion and the points of which Clinton is better.

Next time, please write more and actually focus on refuting my points.

Let me summarize for you, highliting some things from my last passage:

i will repeat for the last time, opinion. Some believe that Clinton is better than Obama.

Thank you and I await your rebuttal.
tepman45

Pro

you shouldnt think that clinton is better since she became a first lady cause hell she was just the first lady and not the president.Another thing is like i was saying she is hated by the republicans.But obama hell hes there kind of guy.Obama worked with both Democrats and Republicans to help working families get ahead by creating programs like the state Earned Income Tax Credit, which in three years provided over $100 million in tax cuts to families across the state. Obama also pushed through an expansion of early childhood education, and after a number of inmates on death row were found innocent, Senator Obama enlisted the support of law enforcement officials to draft legislation requiring the videotaping of interrogations and confessions in all capital cases.im not saying that im supporting republicans i talking about world peace and how could you achieve peace when even our own country is fighting because they hate someone.And another thing is its not about experience but it is of ability.....Now eat my words!
Randomknowledge

Con

As I like to keep my final arguments short, I will summarize and refute your points.

Hillary Clinton is more experienced. No doubt about it. Obama is more youthful, yes, but he is nowhere near as experienced as the Former first lady and senator.

And also, she did alot as first lady...she didnt exactly just sit on her butt for eight years.

She opposeds the war, and did some pretty good things for the soldiers.

AS I HAVE SAID BEFORE, THIS IS A DEBATE OF OPINION. I AM SPECIFICALLY DEBATING THAT THIS IS OPINION, WITH A FEW POINTS TO SUPPORT MRS. CLINTON TO BACK MYSELF UP.

Now to refute your arguments.

You said: "Senator Obama enlisted the support of law enforcement officials to draft legislation requiring the videotaping of interrogations and confessions in all capital cases"

the key word in there is draft. he tried, enlisted, and hasnt pulled through yet.

As today is super tuesday, many political critics have predicted that Obama will come out on top, but the by-the-minute results say that people who initially decided on Obama but decided at the last minute to go for the better option and the option that would lead the country in the right direction: Clinton.

thak you.
Posted by bluemooncowza 9 years ago
bluemooncowza
I encourage the fact that this is some what of a debate, but yes it is more about opinion. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and should be allowed to express it. I doubt that this debate could have moved since (probably) each party was expecting to win or for it to go absolutely now where. Personally to be a good debate it's best to detach your opinion and use facts to yoru advantage.
Posted by tepman45 9 years ago
tepman45
But still vote 4 me pls
..............
Posted by tepman45 9 years ago
tepman45
damn you jess ,pls dont sign in using my account
Posted by tepman45 9 years ago
tepman45
damn that cousin of mine always gives damn wrong information.Pls. i apologize 4 evrything....My cousin was actually telling you that her husband has done the lewinsky scandal.

-Real Tepman
Vote Placed by massvideogamer 8 years ago
massvideogamer
tepman45RandomknowledgeTied
Vote Placed by PoeJoe 8 years ago
PoeJoe
tepman45RandomknowledgeTied
Vote Placed by wooferalot101 9 years ago
wooferalot101
tepman45RandomknowledgeTied
Vote Placed by eyeleapy 9 years ago
eyeleapy
tepman45RandomknowledgeTied
Vote Placed by cliffsofdover 9 years ago
cliffsofdover
tepman45RandomknowledgeTied
Vote Placed by kenicks 9 years ago
kenicks
tepman45RandomknowledgeTied
Vote Placed by towinistosucced 9 years ago
towinistosucced
tepman45RandomknowledgeTied
Vote Placed by Jokerdude 9 years ago
Jokerdude
tepman45RandomknowledgeTied
Vote Placed by Kals 9 years ago
Kals
tepman45RandomknowledgeTied
Vote Placed by johnwooding1 9 years ago
johnwooding1
tepman45RandomknowledgeTied