devildog3024
arrel.dy

Obama is lost.

devildog3024

devildog3024

Pro

Obama was only elected president on the fact that people saw a new opportunity with him. They did not realize socialism, and eventually worse are on the way. I do not agree with the big government changes already in place. He even wants to ban smoking for the military. Of course its a healthy choice but have you ever had a angered Marine on your hands?....try one with out a cig to calm him down... especially right after losing 3 of his buddies at the same time. I realize some people need government help, but most people using government help are taking advantage of the system. Shrinking our nuclear arsenal isn't about how many times we can blow up the world, its looking weak. The nuke's we have right now are getting close to their expiration date. We need those weapons to keep other countries from trying to mess with us. Obama doesn't even realize he is hurting our country and that fact that the budget deficit he created is a huge problem and that his kids grand kids will be paying off that debt for years to come. Thank you for making the worse decisions in United States history.
arrel.dy

Con

People saw an opportunity in Obama because the people wanted change, perhaps. The thing your saying about banning the Marines/Soldiers to smoke is not yet final, he just 'want' it. Meaning, he is just in the process of thinking about it whether good or not good. Another thing, it is not just the soldiers health that would be spared if he bans smoking among them but also the current big issue about Global Warming. I'm not saying that if he bans smoking among his troops it will stop Global Warming, but Only be lessened. What Obama is trying to do is not hurt the country, of course, if he hurts his country he shall also be hurt. Obama just wants to clear the nukes because it's way to dangerous, in fact, although it is not yet exploding it can already affect your body because of the radiation. What he wants to prove is that he is just concern about everybody's health and not to make America the weakest country in terms of war etc.

Say, you take the place of Obama and you'll know how hard it is to be the president of the most powerful country in the world.
devildog3024

Pro

First of all global warming is a whole different can of worms. I happen not to believe in global warming. From what I know of this "global warming" smoking is not even close to a cause of global warming. The choice to or not to smoke should be based on each person in this country. I for one being a former Marine picked up smoking in Iraq, quit when I left, picked it up in Afghanistan and quit shortly after again. I can honestly say as well as every other service member that smokes, (which is a lot of service members) that smoking is a very great escape while in a very stressful situation. I have even had people ask me for a smoke that didn't smoke because they were so stressed out.

Messing with the morale of the troops is never a good thing either. By banning the selling of tobacco products on military installations will kill morale indirectly as well. The PX on base is a non-profit organization. The money they do scrap off the top goes to entertaining the troops, helping the troops with various programs. I could go on but you could also visit www.MCCSlejeune.com

Now that I covered that, lets look at the bigger issue Obama is causing this country as well as our kids for years and years to come. He has brought our budget deficit up to a record high, and he did it before being in office for 6 months!!

Also I consider myself a free thinker and like to do what I want, when I want. Obama also wants to take that a way little by little. If he forces us to get medical coverage so employers can pick up the tab, what will that do for the company's who are already struggling?? Are we going to see more company lay offs because of this? I think it will on a short and long term level.

Thank you for your quick response.
arrel.dy

Con

arrel.dy forfeited this round.
devildog3024

Pro

My opponent would not rebuttal.

The argument I put forth is that our president is not steering this country in the right direction, and that he needs to back off the big government push he is making. Therefore he is in my opinion a bad president who happens to be "lost."
arrel.dy

Con

arrel.dy forfeited this round.
Posted by patsox834 8 years ago
patsox834
I'll accept if you make the time to argue more than 12 hours.
Posted by devildog3024 8 years ago
devildog3024
I have to admit this is my first debate on this site, I am simply trying to get my feet wet.
Posted by patsox834 8 years ago
patsox834
Uh, I really don't see how pro has in any way affirmed that Obama is "lost." It's just a weird, inane little rant about things he disagrees with Obama on.
Vote Placed by patsox834 8 years ago
patsox834
devildog3024arrel.dyTied