Obama is wasting money with the new simulas package.
Debate Rounds (3)
Wasting- to consume, spend, or employ uselessly or without adequate return; use to no avail or profit; squander:
Pork- Informal. appropriations, appointments, etc., made by the government for political reasons rather than for public benefit, as for public buildings or river improvements.
I believe that Obama is wasting money with the new stimulus package by "pork-barreling". Throughout the stimulus plan there are multiple accounts of "pork-barreling".
1. Around 1.2 billion dollars is going to the Detroit Lions to help rebuild there team.
2. $1 million to control Mormon crickets in Utah ,
3. $162,000 to control rodents in Hawaii ,
4. $1.7 million for a honey bee laboratory in Weslaco , Texas.
5. $346,000 for research on apple fire blight in Michigan and New York ,
6. $1.5 million for work on grapes and grape products, including wine
7. $1.8 million to conduct research in Iowa on "swine odor and manure management,"
8. $173,000 for research on asparagus production in Washington ,
9. $206,000 for wool research in Montana , Texas and Wyoming ,
10. $209,000 for efforts to improve blueberry production in Georgia ,
11. $208,000 to control a weed known as cogongrass in Mississippi ,
12. $1.2 million to control cormorants in Michigan , Mississippi , New York and Vermont ,
13. $950,000 for the Western Kentucky University bikeway project,
14. $427,000 for the Gunpowder Creek trail in Boone County , Kentucky ,
15. $1.6 million for the Forage Animal Production Research Laboratory in Lexington , Kentucky ,
16. $238,000 for the Alaska PTA.
17. $819, 000 for catfish genetics research in Alabama
18. $190,000 for the Buffalo Bill Historical Center in Cody , Wyoming ,
19. $400,000 for copper wire theft prevention efforts,
20. $47,500 to remodel and expand a playground in Ottawa , Illinois ,
21. $285,000 for the Discovery Center of Idaho in Boise
22. $951,500 for a "sustainable Las Vegas ,"
23. $2 million for promotion of astronomy in Hawaii ,
24. $1.7 million for pig odor research in Iowa ,
25. $6.6 million for termite research in New Orleans ,
26. $238,000 for the Polynesian Voyaging Society in Hawaii ,
27. $2.1 million for the Center for Grape Genetics in New York ,
28. $333,000 for a school sidewalk in Franklin , Texas ,
29. $95,000 for r ailroad grade crossing safety improvement, Huntington , Long Island ,
30. $237,500 for Northport Veterans Community Center , Long Island
31. $143,000 for an online encyclopedia in Nevada ,
32. $713,625 for Woody Biomass in New York ,
33. $24,000 for abstinence,
34. $300,000 for Montana World Trade Center ,
35. $950,000 for Myrtle Beach International Trade and Convention Center,
36. $200,000 for Oil Region Alliance.
37. $190,000 for Buffalo Bill Historical Center, Cody , Wyoming ,
38. $143,000 for Las Vegas Natural History Museum , Las Vegas , Nevada ,
39. $381,000 for Jazz at Lincoln Center , New York , New York , $200,000 for a tattoo removal program in Los Angeles
Overall in the stimulus package there is about 7.7 billion dollars of pork-barrel spending. (http://searchwarp.com...)
joshuaXlawyer forfeited this round.
joshuaXlawyer forfeited this round.
I am sorry for this really poor debate, I had hoped that I would actually get to...you know...debate. Unfortunately, my opponent was not available for the debate so perhaps another time.
1 votes has been placed for this debate.
Vote Placed by wjmelements 7 years ago
|Agreed with before the debate:||-||-||0 points|
|Agreed with after the debate:||-||-||0 points|
|Who had better conduct:||-||-||1 point|
|Had better spelling and grammar:||-||-||1 point|
|Made more convincing arguments:||-||-||3 points|
|Used the most reliable sources:||-||-||2 points|
|Total points awarded:||0||7|
You are not eligible to vote on this debate
This debate has been configured to only allow voters who meet the requirements set by the debaters. This debate either has an Elo score requirement or is to be voted on by a select panel of judges.