Obama or Harper?

I need someone to help me for a school debate... give me whether you like Obama or Harper. Give me reasons please.

Topics like these should be put in the forums section first of all, but let me proceed. I am assuming you mean President Barack Obama and Prime Minister Of Canada Stephen Harper. I like Obama more than Harper for many reasons, which I will list here. I like Obama more, because i feel it is much easier to take a Pro and Con side, to debate using his many actions as Topics.

The Case will be a two point case that will cover both information and the people.

First- Canada or the United States?

Canada or British Columbia has many beautiful landscapes and virtuous towns and cities. Aside from that however, I see nothing that justifies Canadian Politics over American Politics.

A- American Politics has much more relevance in the world (much larger impact) and Controversies regarding international law (Such as targeted killing) and Arguments such as Abortion being immoral and unconstitutional (I am in no way giving my stance on such a matter), leading to an easy open discussion (or debate) about both general, and specific topics. Canadian Politics do not have nearly as big of an impact in the world in comparison to the United States. Thus you would look towards the Uned States over Canada.

B- Topicality- Up to date information is spread across both countries, both domestic and foreign information. However, Canada has nothing to give in terms of information on domestic topics (as well as foreign). The United States, currently Dealing with the Republican Primaries and the PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION BETWEEN BARACK OBAMA and the Republican candidate chosen will lead to a large filter, that holds vast amounts of information as political debates heat up, obviously many controversies will be brought up, making it the perfect time to talk about Barack Obama, Abortion, Gay Marriage and Civil Union, Targeted Killing, Taxing the Rich, Healthcare, and many other arguments will be brought up between Obama and the Republican candidate. Many of these arguments listed above have already been used to attack Barack Obama during the Republican Primary debates, thus you can easily extract information on Obama.

Second- The people

1- Harper- February 6th, 2006, Stephen Harper was sworn in as Canada's 22n'd Prime Minister From here on, let's see exactly what he's been doing.

A)Non-Controversial Economic plan to put Canada back on track

B)Advancement of Canadian Values and Cultures through Foreign Relations

C)Winter Olympic Games

Now, the help my opponent asked for, was deciding who would be better to debate (Pro and Con), Obama or Harper. Clearly Harper's achievements are good, non controversial, and have established NO political media outside Canada. But, we aren't looking for who's a better leader (I personally would still say Obama), we are looking towards who is actually debatable. This Stance, is proving Obama has a lot of controversial arguments and actions, whereas Harper has none, Harper has nothing going against him because so little is known about him in comparison to Obama. Thus we should look towards Obama as the main man of the debate.

2- Obama- Inducted as the 44th President of the United States, on January 20th 2009, what has he been up to now on the verge of reelection?

A- Healthcare

B- Targeted Killing

C-Tax Relief, Unemployment Insurance Reauthorization, and Job Creation Act of 2010

D-Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act

E-Dodd–Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act

F-Budget Control Act of 2011

G- Don't Ask, Don't Tell Repeal Act of 2010

H- Budget Control Act of 2011

I-In foreign policy, he ended the war in Iraq, increased troop levels in Afghanistan, signed the New START arms control treaty with Russia, ordered US involvement in the 2011 Libya military intervention, and ordered the military operation that resulted in the death of Osama bin Laden.

From this, many people can take different arguments from each one of President Obama's Actions. Alot of Controversy derives from Barack Obama's actions. From this, many people can see Obama is the clear Candidate for a debate. The perfect Example, Look up Obama under the debate search, then look up harper. Total the number of votes and you will see.

Hopefully these reasons have given you the information you needed.

Epikdarkninja forfeited this round.

Was this a debate or were you asking a question? Vote Con please.

Epikdarkninja forfeited this round.

Yep forfeited this round.