keepstompinsuh
Boesball

Obama should be impeached

keepstompinsuh

Pro

Obama simply has to be the worst president the United states has ever seen, Clinton and Nixon were both impeached for lying, but don't we as humans all make mistakes? Looking at Obama, we see he has driven the economy in the dirt even after we thought it couldn't get any worse after George W. Bush's reign. Wouldn't it seem logical to impeach a president that has thrown this country into a massive recession, and given the USA a bad name? I strongly believe there should be a ballot immediately for the impeachment of President Obama.
Boesball

Con

Ok, first off, I'm not an Obama supporter by any means. I actually can't believe I'm doing a debate for Obama. With that said, impeachment is not the answer to the problem, and you're probably watching too much Fox News my friend. There are many reasons why he shouldn't be impeached.

1. Not many USA presidents have been impeached.

Only two presidents have been impeached (1). Andrew Johnson and Bill Clinton have been impeached. Richard Nixon was close to impeachment, but he instead resigned. In Andrew Johnson's situation, he was didn't do a good job at all managing reconstruction after the Civil War, and he had very little concern for the freed slaves. Obviously his impeachment was worthy. Bill Clinton was impeached, but he was never removed from office (2). Then there was Richard Nixon, and he was near impeachment, but he resigned. He had the famous Watergate Scandal, and this would have been worthy of an impeachment (3). By the way, you're wrong when you said that Nixon was impeached. He wasn't. Read link number one (1). What I'm trying to get at is that only two US presidents have been impeached. Obama would have to be very bad or do a particular thing that was as bad as a sex scandal, spy scandal, or something like that to warrant an impeachment. Many USA voters voted him in, and many still support him. As a republican, it's still illogical to impeach someone just because they are a bad president because we've had many bad presidents that haven't been impeached.

2. Not everything about Obama economically is bad.

If Obama was seriously that bad economically to get impeached just for the economy, why do so many smart people say that Obama has done a good job economically (4)? In order to get impeached for economics alone, you have to be really bad. I'm not saying Obama is good, but he's at least good enough to not be impeached.

3. Believe it or not, Obama has done some good things for this country.

Obama took down one of the most deadly terrorists of our generation, he got ended the war in Iraq, and he helped improve the US auto-industry (5). He's done some good, I'd have to admit, and he's probably at least in the top 35 presidents in US history in my opinion. That's not good, but that's not warrant of impeachment. Please don't overreact.

(1) http://www.infoplease.com...
(2) http://law2.umkc.edu...
(3) http://www.history.com...
(4) http://www.forbes.com...
(5) http://www.washingtonmonthly.com...
keepstompinsuh

Pro

keepstompinsuh forfeited this round.
Boesball

Con

Forfeit. That's an automatic seven point victory!
keepstompinsuh

Pro

keepstompinsuh forfeited this round.
keepstompinsuh

Pro

keepstompinsuh forfeited this round.
Boesball

Con

He forfeited
keepstompinsuh

Pro

keepstompinsuh forfeited this round.
Boesball

Con

Boesball forfeited this round.
Posted by Shield 2 years ago
Shield
Obviously Boesball wins because of the forfeit. However, this debate went nowhere and the reasons for impeachment were completely missed. Impeachments should be for things like the NSA, Benghazi, etc. There are plenty of legitimate reasons to impeach Obama, but those listed in this debate are not those reasons. And no offense Boesball, but arguing against impeachment "because not many USA presidents have been impeached" is not a strong argument and is sort of silly. Either way, forfeiture is an automatic loss for the Pro, if anybody votes on this debate. I would vote, but I can't.
Posted by Boesball 2 years ago
Boesball
As a conservative, taking this debate was probably hypocritical, but I'm more pro-reason than pro-conservative.
Posted by TruthHurts 2 years ago
TruthHurts
Impeachment is for high crimes and misdemeanors, not just doing things you don't like; for a conservative, you should probably know the Constitution better, keepstompinsuh.
Posted by AlternativeDavid 2 years ago
AlternativeDavid
Anybody that wants Obama to be impeached needs to think. Biden would be his replacement, and he is left of Obama. Most people that want him impeached are far right.
Posted by Aerogant 2 years ago
Aerogant
I think the ignorant mass should stop voting and the whole political system shut down for doing absolutely nothing for decades.