Reformist
ViceRegent

Obama was a good President

Reformist

Reformist

Pro

President Obama was/is a good president

Obama: Current president of the United States of America

Good: Being positive towards this nation economically

This debate is about why president Obama has done good to this nation economically.

R1- Acceptance Only
ViceRegent

Con

We are talking President B.O., right? The dude who almost doubled the national debt in 8 years from what the prior 43 Presidents had done?
Reformist

Pro

President Obama has done alot to save us from the terrible economic policies of Bush

So before we look at the great things Obama has done we need to look at the failures he inherited from Bush

Under this graph we see that President Bush turned President Clitnons Surplus into a massive deficit. And no that little turn up in the graph is not Bush's success. Thats when president Obama took office and started economic reform.

Another graph showing Bush's failure at maintiaing the deficit

Here this one shows that the deficit hits a record 400 billion dollars.

Now lets look at a side by side comparison of Bush and Obama

This graph shows the amount of private sector jobs created by Bush and Obama

Bush is the farthest left and is losing jobs by 462,000

However Obama on the far right is making 12,870,000 private sector jobs

Thanks Obama

Here we can see the unemployment rate. President Bush's unemployment is skyroketing until it hits the top. That is where president Obama takes office and the unemployment is cut drasitically

The amount of corparte earning in America skyrockets as Obama takes office as we can see in this graph

As we can see in this graph president Obama has cut the deificit almost in half after his election in 2008

President Obama has also increased Oil Production strenghting our economy.

President Obama also saved us from another Great Depression through his stimulus spending that have "stimulated" the economy.

http://whitehouse.blogs.cnn.com...

To say Barrack Obama is a bad president when it comes to the economy is at best ignorant and at worst a lie

http://smartwiki.org...

https://ourfuture.org...

https://www.bing.com...

http://www.politicalruminations.com...

http://whitehouse.blogs.cnn.com...

(If you cannot see the graphs properly please click on this link to see them. I had an issue where i couldnt paste the enlarged photos without it copying my profile with it http://www.debate.org... )
ViceRegent

Con

Woe there, big guy. But aware the revisionist history and Democrat talking points and tell us what what policies of Obama actually helped the economy?

Tell us what policy of Obama's created a single private sector job (We know he exploded government jobs)?

Tell us what policy of Obama cut unemployment? And tell us about how Obama gave us the highest percentage of non-working Americans and highest food stamp usage in history?

Tell us how deficit spending (what you called stimulus spending) helped?

Tell us how his adding $10T to the national debt helped anything?

Tell us how making health insurance more expensive helped the economy?

Tell us how many the federal government making the economy more regulated helped the economy?
Reformist

Pro

My opponent has made no arguements and has just used his rounds to ask questions.

1) Government jobs are NOT private sector jobs. So you dont really understand what you are talking about

2) We are talking about economics. We arent focusing on food stamps. And no unemployment is at its lowest rate at 5 percent.

3) Stimulus spending is not deficit spending. I really think you are confused. Obama has CUT the deficit by over half. Obama's stimulus bill cost a lot of money but helped struggling buisnesses and provided money for job creation. This helped us dodge another great depression

4) Adding 10 trillion dollars was part of his stimulus spending and spending on other various bills to protect the economy.

We also have to look at the facts of who really was the washingotn spender

Bush had an 88 percent increase in government spending while Obama just had a 3.72 percent increase in government spending

5) ObamaCare actually decreases healthcare costs. Its saved citizens and government millions

3.2 billion dollars have already been saved just on prescription drugs

6) Can you give me an example of Obama regulating the economy?

http://www.ehow.com...

http://www.upworthy.com...

https://www.bing.com...

ViceRegent

Con

Actually, I know a great deal about what I am talking about, having actually studied at the college level the subject of this debate whereas all you have is revisionist history and Dem talking points. This general ignorance explains why you think I equated government jobs with private sector jobs when, in reality, I did the opposite.

And yes, the number of people on food stamps and unemployment level are macro economic indicators of how well an economy is doing. In Obama's case, those on food stamps have exploded. That is more people living off the labor of others because the economy is so bad they cannot take care of themselves. And the unemployment rate is around 5%, but I was speaking of the labor participation rate. You see, when people stop looking for work, they are no longer counted an unemployed even though they do not have jobs. The labor participation rate measures those who are abled bodied and should be working. Under Obama, tens of millions have given up looking for work, making them not counted against unemployment. But they are counted in the labor participation rate. Thanks to Obama, there are more people riding in the cart than pulling it, a very bad thing economically.

But you did not answer my first two questions so I ask again:

Tell us what policy of Obama cut unemployment?

Stimulus spending is not deficit spending? Are you that ignorant? Where did Obama get the money for the stimulus spending if not deficit spending. And Obama has added $10T to the national debt. On what planet is taking the national debt from $8T to $18T the result of a cult.

And stull us how the stimulus help struggling businesses and provided money for job creation?

You just said stimulus spending is NOT deficit spending and now you say it is? Which is it? And tell how adding $10T to the debt protected the economy?

Tell us how ObamaCare has decreased healthcare costs? And you ignored my Q about health insurance cost going up and that does not even include the millions who lost it?

And you did not tell me how Obama adding 1000s of pages of government regulations (and that was just for Obamacare) helped the economy?
Reformist

Pro

BoP is shared. I hope you understand that. Asking questions is not debating and you have yet to make an arguement not in the form of a question.

You have not rebtted any of my arguements

And yes you said "What policy created private sector jobs (government jobs exploded though)?" So of course you thought they were the same or that you thought i thought that

Hard Working americans who work 2-3 jobs need food stamps to survive. Probably because of the economic disasters of Bush.

The reason stimulus spending is not deficit is because Obama DIDNT create a deficit using the stimulus spending. He actually cut the deificit.

Barrack Obama has also flattened federal spending

http://www.ebaumsworld.com... (Copy and Paste link on this story.)

Ive provided links for you from my sources. You can take a look at them if you want.

ViceRegent

Con

You continue to avoid my questions and have not gotten Ben us even one example of what Obama has done to help the economy. Given that you cannot, I have cited my burden that he has done nothing to help the ecomomy and has hurt t by his fascism and increasing the national debt by $10T. I hope your kids do not mind paying the Obana debt back.
Posted by Reformist 1 year ago
Reformist
I think its safe to say I have won this debate

AND

drove a conservative off this site
Posted by ViceRegent 1 year ago
ViceRegent
Well, I tried. Once again, we find Libtards are mindless automatons that are unable to think for themselves. Moving on.
Posted by Reformist 1 year ago
Reformist
If you want me to go in depth lets have another debate

:-)
Posted by Reformist 1 year ago
Reformist
I just listed 5 of his economic policies

Did you not read them?
Posted by ViceRegent 1 year ago
ViceRegent
Still no answer. I will ask you one more time before I dismiss you as a mind-numbed Dem hack.
Posted by Reformist 1 year ago
Reformist
What?

Obama cut taxes

Whats wrong with tax cuts for people who need it?
Posted by ViceRegent 1 year ago
ViceRegent
Tax cuts?!?!? ROFL
Posted by ViceRegent 1 year ago
ViceRegent
Tell us how any of these things had a positive effect on the economy? And at what cost?
Posted by Reformist 1 year ago
Reformist
that's just a few
Posted by Reformist 1 year ago
Reformist
1- Economic stimulus package

2- Bailing out of wall street

3-Obama Care

4-Regulation of banks

5- Tax cuts to 98 percent of Americans
Vote Placed by 9spaceking 1 year ago
9spaceking
ReformistViceRegentTied
Reasons for voting decision: con merely asks questions after questions and does not refute pro at all.
Vote Placed by FlamboGus 1 year ago
FlamboGus
ReformistViceRegentTied
Reasons for voting decision: Better conduct - Pro. Pro made attempts to present arguments and cited examples. Con implied arguments without an attempt to provide information to back up claims.
Vote Placed by condeelmaster 1 year ago
condeelmaster
ReformistViceRegentTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro's arguments are based in the assumption that economical wellness was caused by Obama, instead of being caused by global macro-economics. This assumption wasn't explained in the debate, making Pro's argument weak. However Con made no arguments at all, so the winning goes to Pro.