Obama will get a second term

I hope he doesn't, but he will. Now this debate you have to choose one of the following:

1. Romney
2. Santorum
3. Gingrich

You choose one then we debate. I debate obama will win. First round acceptance. But your candidate will have to be one of those 3.

remember 1st round= acceptance.

I'm new to this.

I'll accept. Where this is a rhetorical exercise, as I understand you aren't all that thrilled with Obama either, I'll take Newt Gingrich, though I don't believe he has a chance in a million of winning, nor that I'm particularly a fan of his.
His experience & his New Contract for America intrigues me and he's the only one with a coherent plan, misguided and self serving as it may be.

So, I'm assuming that we really have only 2 rounds, where this used up one round.
I'll follow your away.

Thanks for accepting.

C1: Obama has the incumbant advantage

In general, incumbents have structural advantages over challengers during elections. The timing of elections may be determined by the incumbent instead of a set schedule. For most political offices, the incumbent often has more name recognition due to their previous work in the office. [1]

So they are at an advantage because:

1. Name recognition
2. they have more structure as they have ran national elections, in this case.
3. Money.

here's why they get more money:

Incumbents also have easier access to campaign finance, as well as government resources (such as the franking privilege) that can be indirectly used to boost a campaign. [1]

C2: Polls

Newt Vs. obama polls:

Gallup: Obama= 50% Newt= 48% [2]
PPP polls: Obama = 50% Newt = 42% [3]

Newt would lose.

C3: Newt is a flip flopper

This is a big disadvantage as obama WILL push this arguemnt.

Let me name some:

Flip: Used to be for mandate
Flop: Now against is

Flip: for cap and trade
Flop: against cap and trade

Flip: for human global warming
Flop: thinks it is natural

Flip: against paul ryan budget plan
Flop: for the plan

Flip: DO not have a no fly zone over libya
Flop: we need a no fly zone

Flip: no patriot act
Flop: yes patriot act

For more info see 4 source.

C4; Money

Obamas current money for re-election: They raised a record-high $746 million in 2008. Obama has raised $87 million so far this year for his re-election fight. [5]

Will he get a billion dollars? No probably not but will he break 700 million? Maybe. Remember the incumbant has executive powers and has more fundraising ability so he will get a good amount of money, considerably more then the challengers. (most likely)

C5: newt and his scandals

freddie mae and mac:

Bloomberg News has reported Gingrich earned between $1.6 million and $1.8 million from the mortgage giant. His critics have said he was lobbying [6]

His ethics sanctions:

Eighty-four ethics charges were filed against Gingrich during his term as speaker. After extensive investigation and negotiation by the House Ethics Committee, Gingrich was sanctioned $300,000 by a 395–28 House vote. It was the first time in history a speaker was disciplined for ethical wrongdoing. [7]

Special Counsel James M. Cole concluded that Gingrich violated federal tax law and had lied to the ethics panel in an effort to force the committee to dismiss the complaint against him. [7]

His wives:

Gingrich has been married three times. In 1962, he married Jackie Battley, his former high school geometry teacher, when he was 19 years old and she was 26. [7]

In the spring of 1980, Gingrich left Battley after beginning an affair with Marianne Ginther. [7]
In 1984, Battley told The Washington Post that the divorce was a "complete surprise" to her. According to Battley, in September 1980, Gingrich and their children visited her while she was in the hospital, recovering from surgery, and Gingrich wanted to discuss the terms of their divorce. [7]

sounds evil.

According to L. H. Carter, Gingrich's campaign treasurer, Gingrich said of Battley: "She's not young enough or pretty enough to be the wife of the President. And besides, she has cancer." [7]

that = evil.

C6: newt is unelectable

6 reasons he is unelectable:

Later he told the New York Times “I don’t do foreign policy.” [8]

Do you want the leader of the biggest country to be ignorant in foreign policy? No that's why newt fails.

“This is petty,” said Gingrich, indicating his displeasure at the way the two were treated. [8]

insult to clinton as the source states. I do not liek clinton but still disrespectful tsk tsk tsk.

“I’m willing to lead but I’m not willing to preside over people who are cannibals.” - newt

insulting his republican party as the source states, [8].

never facced economic troubles is out of touch with middle class [8]

Newt had all of those affairs because he loved his country. [8]

lol he had affairs for his country, how?

And he is to conservative to win.

Obama would win a second term vs newt gingrich.

soruces: [1][2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8]

PeterO forfeited this round.

Extend arguments

PeterO forfeited this round.
Posted by 16kadams 4 years ago
Posted by Nur-Ab-Sal 4 years ago
Ron Paul 2012
Posted by 16kadams 4 years ago
@fool on the hill

Actually I am educated and only blame some of it on Obama, further more I still hate Clinton although I was young in his presidency, I really hate all politicians.
Posted by The_Fool_on_the_hill 4 years ago
you guy are never thrilled, you pick leaders just so you could blame all the problems on them. so you could say its one guys fault.. You guys (Americans) have been doing the same thing over and over again with the same complaining and then you look back and praise somebody which at the time you hated.. lol
Posted by Mr.Infidel 4 years ago
Make it 4 rounds and change the resolution to "One balance of probability, Obama will be re-elected in 2012" and I'll accept.
Posted by Mr.Infidel 4 years ago
Sadly, I agree.
Posted by 16kadams 4 years ago
16kadams are you serious? santorum 2012
Posted by M.Torres 4 years ago
More lies! I will have no more of your mumbo-jumbo, 16k! I hope you can come back when you've learned some REAL American principles.
Posted by 16kadams 4 years ago
um I am mentally healthy

talk about illogical

it says your agnostic
Posted by M.Torres 4 years ago
I am surprised you watch Fox News and can't support Colbert! I am worried for your sanity. Maybe you should see a shrink.

And in response to your "logic", I will merely act in the same manner any good conservative SHOULD act.... NANANANANANA. I'M NOT LISTENING.

It saddens me that you simply cannot love your country enough to know who would be it's best leader... I will pray for you.
Vote Placed by Mr_Anon 4 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: Pro had an argument, Con did not.
Vote Placed by thett3 4 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: boring af roflcopter