Mikaxx
Mangani

Obama

Mikaxx

Con

I believe that Obama focuses solely on issues that don't have much relevance to where our country is headed. For example, he states in his inauguration that our gay brothers and sisters need to be treated equally to heterosexual couples. Although, I'm not in favor of gay marriage, that privilege needs to be given to the states. If for example, the state of PA decided to legalize gay marriage and its people were unanimous, go right ahead, I won't stop anyone. The same thing is applicable when it comes to the legalization of marijuana, abortion, gun control and etc. Last time I checked, the 10th amendment grants the individual states jurisdiction and sovereignty. Obama obviously has not read the Bill of Rights if he fails to comprehend that the states have rights. Why can't Obama focus on lowering our raging 17 trillion dollar debt as opposed to rambling on and on about our gay brothers and sisters? Don't get me wrong, I'm not homophobic or anything, but he needs to learn to prioritize. The people of this country are perfectly fit to maintain the economy on their own. If he were to let the private sector flourish without all of these hindrances being present, our debt would take care of itself. Government bureaucrats are simply hired for the mere purpose of having a job and are societal leeches. I find it ludicrous that a person can just file for welfare and get more money from the government than a minimum-wage paying business like Burger King. If the government were to only give the money necessary for survival to these people who "need it" then those who don't will get on their butts and start working. The reason Romney lost was because he tried to give jobs to a country who clearly doesn't want to work. We have a double bureaucracy in this country and with that we also have double taxation. Taxing people is not going to better our economy because the problem with socialism is that eventually you run out of other peoples' money. There are just so many flaws with Obama's policies, even when it comes to gun control, our allies, drilling in our own country, and etc. When it comes to gun control, Obama needs to open his eyes and realize that no matter what limits you put on guns, if people want to kill, they'll kill. Not to mention that every single gun is an "assault weapon." If I feel like having an assault weapon in my house, the government isn't going to stop me unless I'm psychotic. I believe that that is a violation of the 2nd amendment. Taking away our guns is just as bad as taking away our freedom of speech. Criminals don't even register guns, so what would be the point of this whole scandal? I feel like Obama is doing the exact same thing as Hitler-taking away guns "for the children" and "to work for a better country." If Obama intends on ignoring our constitution, then he better abolish it...Something that he won't be able to do anyways. If we don't uphold the constitution, then the fundamental points of this country that keep it together are nonexistent and that means American isn't America. If only our government was as interested in lowering our deficit as they are in controlling our guns. Imagine an unarmed populace against a tyrannical government, that doesn't sound very appealing, does it? If we were to grant harsher punishments to those who violate the laws, have proper background checks, and ban personal sales, that would achieve the same thing that these Libtards are proposing but in a constitutional way. Another reason why I despise Obama is because he doesn't give any support to Israel. Why is it that he has showed so much respect for the Arabs but the one time that he met with BB, he made him leave through the back door? If our responsibility to uphold Israel is not enough to change some peoples' minds, they can at least be reasonable about it.-Israel is our ally and our only one in the middle east. History repeats itself, and if we're not careful, the same thing will happen as WWII. We stayed out of it for as long as we possibly could but after Pearl Harbor, we didn't have a choice. When we need Israel for something, we expect them to be there, and the same is expected from us. Not to mention that the Truman Doctrine, foreign policy of 1947 states that we need to assist the democracies around the world and Israel just so happens to be a democracy. Obama is so involved with the Muslim brotherhood that he clearly is careless when it comes to Israel, our own ally. As much as Liberals like to deny it, we are still a Christian country, founded on a Christian-Judaic belief system and I believe the bible is very fond of Israel. If we really want to hold up founding principles, Obama, then we need to maintain the constitution, and if we're not going to do that, then we are not America. Therefore, I'd like to say that your inauguration speech is full of lies and you need to reciprocate and end all this terror going on in our country. Oh, and another thing for everyone that will blame the Bush administration, I hope you're aware that Bush added less money to our national debt in a matter of 8 years with 2 wars on his back than Obama did in 4. I love how Obama complains that he "inherited a mess..."He didn't inherit anything, he campaigned for it, and begged for it. It was not an impromptu decision. He promised us change that we didn't receive.
Mangani

Pro

I thank my opponent for posting this debate, and I hope it turns out to be informative. Because my opponent jumped right into his arguments, I will jump right in as well.

My opponent has jumped everywhere. I will try to address his points as well as I can. I don't know if my opponent has a clear premise, but I can see from his argument there is much to contradict, if even just with common sense. I will do what I can to add some structure to this debate. I will paraphrase a broad range of topics when I can generalize, and be specific where the topic merits it.

Obama's Constitutional Acumen
___________________________
My opponent makes a broad range of claims regarding Obama's lack of knowledge of the US Constitution, state's rights, and the Bill of Rights. While I have not had a conversation with the President, nor attended any of his courses, I think what we do know of the President should lead us to a more rational conclusion. He was the President of the Harvard Law Review, he was a Constitutional lawyer, a Constitutional law professor, a State Senator, a US Senator, and has been President for 4 years. If ever there is a time to make rational assumptions, I think there is enough circumstantial evidence to make the rational assumption that President Obama has at least read the Bill of Rights. I would argue he probably knows the Constitution quite well, but that is besides the point.

Obama's Priorities
___________________________

My opponent goes on to make a broad range of accusations with regard to Obama's priorities. He claims Obama focuses on unimportant issues, and is negligent of the economy. I would like to remind my opponent that history's facts contradict his statements. Obama has overseen record numbers of deportation of undocumented workers with record percentages being convicts, he oversaw the largest health care reform project this nation has seen to date, he helped reduce a failing economy, he ordered the assault on Bin Laden that killed him, he got us out of Iraq, he's getting us out of Afghanistan, ended Don't ask Don't tell, and much much more. His policies have benefited a wide range of Americans from different demographics.

Obama favors the Muslim Brotherhood over Israel
_________________________________________
This is a baseless claim.
- Ehud Barak says the Obama Administration has done more for Israeli security than any previous US Administration ever.
- Shimon Peres says that Obama's record is "highly satisfactory from the Israeli point of view."
- Obama has supported the "Iron Dome"
- The US and Israeli military and intelligence services have never had closer relationships
- The Obama Administration backed Israel on the infamous Goldstone Report
- The OA backed Israel on the anti-Israel Durban Conference
- the Gaza flotilla incident
- Palestinian effort to gain recognition as a state
- And the US voted with Israel in the UN 100% of the time for the first time in history
- The OA's sanctions against Iran are the toughest in history

The US is a Christian nation
________________________
While this is a sub-topic irrelevant to the overall premise of Obama's Presidency, it is important because it sets the tone of my opponent's argument. He falsely believes this nation is a Christian nation. I would like to remind my opponent that the Bill of Rights was written by Thomas Jefferson- a Deist who wrote the Jefferson Bible, and he also contributed greatly to the US Constitution. Other Deist Founders were Thomas Paine, often referred to as the Father of the Revolution, Benjamin Franklin, George Washington, John Adams, James Madison, Alexander Hamilton, Ethan Allen, Elihu Palmer, etc. The first two VP's were Deists who later became President, and the 3rd VP was charged with murder while still in office. This is a secular nation founded on the Democratic principles of Ancient Greece.

Obama and the debt
____________________
Some quick facts
- The Obama Administration has recorded the slowest growth in Federal Spending in decades. Spending grew by 8.7% in Regan's first term, and 4.9% in his second. Bush I, 5.4%. Clinton? 3.2% and 3.9%. Bush II, 7.3% and 8.1%. Federal spending under Obama has grown by 1.4% http://blogs-images.forbes.com...

- In fiscal 2010 (the first Obama budget) spending fell 1.8% to $3.46 trillion
- In fiscal 2011, spending rose 4.3% to $3.60 trillion
- In fiscal 2012, spending is set to rise 0.7% to $3.63 trillion, according to the Congressional Budget Office"s estimate of the budget that was agreed to last August
- Finally in fiscal 2013 " the final budget of Obama"s term " spending is scheduled to fall 1.3% to $3.58 trillion
- Over Obama"s four budget years, federal spending is on track to rise from $3.52 trillion to $3.58 trillion, an annualized increase of just 0.4% http://www.cbo.gov...

Obama's record on spending is far better than that of any Republican in recent memory.

I will now allow my opponent to present some counterpoints.
Mikaxx

Con

I thank you for taking the time to respond to my rather verbose argument, and as you stated, I also hope that this will be an informative discussion.

Firstly, if Obama has read the Bill of Rights and Constitution, then his policies and decisions certainly contradict those of the Constitution. There is no way that Obama's actions and hopes for this country are in compliance with the vital documents that our founding fathers formed. Amendment 1, 2, and 10 have indubitably been violated. If that's not bad enough, amendment 4, illegal search and seizure is hanging on a very thin line. The violation of amendment one is a very controversial topic, and if you'd like, I'd be happy to involve myself in a separate discussion about that. Whoever says that amendment 2, the right to bear arms has not been violated is either intoxicated or is blatantly wrong. Any attempt to disarm an American through the federal government is a violation of the second amendment by definition. President Obama wants to ban "assault" weapons entirely. If I want to have a semi-automatic (With the exception of a revolver, every gun is a semi-automatic gun, ANYWAYS) gun in my house for the mere sake of protection, then that right should not be infringed. The federal government attempting to put heavy limits on smaller guns such as handguns and ban "assault" weapons is obviously a violation of not only amendment 2, but also amendment 10-Jurisdiction granted to the states. The differentiating factor between us and other democracies is that we have 50 individual states that are in charge of themselves. Once again, if a particular state wants to enforce stricter gun laws, and its people agree to it, no one is going to call them unconstitutional. However, when the federal government tries to enforce all of these egregious gun laws which they have no business making, problems start to arise.
As we know, Obama is in in favor of strict fun control and doesn't seem to care very much for the amendments, something that he greatly cited in his inauguration speech.

Now, just because several people have recognized Obama as a merits person, doesn't mean he is. Ever since Israel's creation, Islamic terrorist forces have encircled the tiny nation of Israel and called for its extermination. Since day one, America has always been there for Israel. Throughout the decades, American presidents have reaffirmed that special relationship, that is, until now. Every since his election, he has distinguished himself with open hostility and indifference. He has even told Jews that they cannot build homes in Jerusalem, forced them to negotiate with the Palestinian terror organization, Hamas in the so called "peace process." Israel has already given away so much land to these needy terrorists and look what has come out of it, absolutely nothing. Hamas has sworn to obliterate Israel and that is their exclusive mission. Obama has even said "the borders of Israel and Palestine should be based on the 1967 lines with mutually agreed swaps." That leaves Israel as an 8 mile strip; you go ahead and try to defend that. Obama has dealt harshly with BB from their first meeting in 2009. Obama treated Netenyahu with a series of embarrassing snubs including presenting him with a list of demands and then vacating the premises and going to eat dinner with his family. There has been absolutely no tension like this with Turkish prime minister, Recep Tayyip Erdogan. The Obama administration constantly pushes Israel to apologize for other peoples' faults.

Now, my opponent falsely states that Obama has helped a falling economy. I think that this part is self explanatory, but maybe to some people it's not. Under Bush, people got tax returns and lived a decent life without sitting on welfare like societal leeches all day. Now, the government gives, gives, and gives and yet no one seems to be doing any better. The only people prospering are the wealthy and those who are on welfare. Our economy has not gotten any better since Obama has been elected.
Mangani

Pro

Mangani forfeited this round.
Mikaxx

Con

Mikaxx forfeited this round.
Mangani

Pro

Mangani forfeited this round.
Mikaxx

Con

Mikaxx forfeited this round.
Mangani

Pro

Mangani forfeited this round.
Mikaxx

Con

Mikaxx forfeited this round.
Mangani

Pro

Mangani forfeited this round.
Posted by BigSky 3 years ago
BigSky
Both sides make good arguments, but neither has backed up claims with reliable sources. I support con's arguments but he needs to use facts and statistics to get across what he is saying.