harry5101
Genghis_Khan

Obamacare should be abolished.

Genghis_Khan

harry5101

Pro

Ever heard the Grubber the obama architect saying that the "stupidity" of the American voters got Obamacare passed? Yep that's right and you can also watch it right here: https://www.youtube.com.... I believe Obamacare should not have been passed in the first place.
Genghis_Khan

Con

I expect that Pro will give an actual argument next round...
harry5101

Pro

That was just my opening statement but anyway.

Obamacare no doubt has been increasing healthcare prices. According to section 2715 of Obamacare, it is mandatory that your healthcare plan has all the requirements that are stated in Obamacare, if your plan doesn't meet up to these requirements after 12 months of the passing of Obamacare then you will get a financial penalty. Therefore, you would have to pay for a better plan if your plan doesn't meet up to Obamacare's requirements. This has had a profound effect on American citizens, in California 1 in 4 adults reported that they will struggle to pay the debt that there healthcare plan will give them.

This will also puts strain on the states budget, though the government is covering all of the budget in the start. Support for the program will go down to 90% by 2020. Every year slowly less money will given to the states for funding Obamacare, Obamcare could end up costing millions of dollars for states in the near future. In the next 5 years, according to Nancy Pelosi Obamacare will "greatly exceeded" 70 million dollars annually for the states.

From this, I conclude that Obamacare should be abolished because of costs and strain it brings on the American citizens and the states. Obamacare must be abolished, Americans must stand up to this horrible bill and get rid of it once and for all.

http://www.gpo.gov... -Section 2715 of HR 3590 -14
http://www.usnews.com...
http://www.joinocpa.org...
Genghis_Khan

Con

Oops, I forgot about this... gotta rush it.

Pro loses because he does not have any impacts. Just because Obamacare costs a lot does not mean it should be abolished. The fundamental role of government is to protect the lives of its citizens, whether from foreign invasion, crime, injustice, economic downturns, or even medical conditions. Rights violations can come in all forms, and the government is obligated to take measures against all of them; Obamacare is no different. If the government is willing to spend *56.8 billion* dollars to prevent terrorist attacks [1], which can at the most take away a few hundred lives per year, then surely it is justified in spending "70 million dollars" (a comparatively insignificant expense) to safeguard the lives of roughly *8 million* people [2]. The monetary costs of Obamacare alone simply do not outweigh the immense benefits it produces in terms of the preservation of human life.

I rest my case. Vote Con.

[1] http://www.fastcompany.com...
[2] http://m.huffpost.com...
Posted by Genghis_Khan 1 year ago
Genghis_Khan
I misread. I do believe in choice.
Posted by harry5101 1 year ago
harry5101
You said "Yes" americans shouldn't have the right to obamacare.
Posted by Genghis_Khan 1 year ago
Genghis_Khan
I didn't say that... I literally just said I DISAGREE with Obamacare
Posted by harry5101 1 year ago
harry5101
To the person, who said that my argument wasn't very strong and monetary costs do not out way the benefits of Obamacare. Well I'd just like to say that Obamacare's original purpose was to control costs and make it more available and guess what? Healthcare is even less available because of the rising costs.
Posted by harry5101 1 year ago
harry5101
Why do you think Americans shouldn't have choice to a medical care plan? @Gen
Posted by Genghis_Khan 1 year ago
Genghis_Khan
Yes. I don't personally think Obamacare was the best solution to the problem of medical coverage.
Posted by harry5101 1 year ago
harry5101
@Gen Do you believe Americans shouldn't have a choice when it comes to medical care?
Posted by Genghis_Khan 1 year ago
Genghis_Khan
you still lose gg

don't make 2-round debates next time lol
Posted by harry5101 1 year ago
harry5101
@Con It is the Americans citizen choice if they don't want great medical care. It is there CHOICE, they have the right to choose there own plan. It is idiotic how you say that I automatically lose because I didn't state an impact because I did, notice how said that "1 in 4 adults in California will struggle to pay there bill."
Posted by harry5101 1 year ago
harry5101
So if people can go back to there old plan then wouldn't it all cost less?
Vote Placed by 16kadams 1 year ago
16kadams
harry5101Genghis_KhanTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pros entire argument revolves around cost. Con adequately shows how we spend much more for something insignificant compared to a minimal amount for something more significant. We spend more preventing terrorists than protecting millions of people without insurance (8mil on cons data). So the cost argument fails. The benefits of saving 8 million people > a few hundred million dollars.