frankienstien
CoolPeppers12

Obamacare

CoolPeppers12

frankienstien

Con

Obama says "Obamacare is here to stay." I disagree that it is, and I think he is using such propaganda to derail those dedicated to ending it.
CoolPeppers12

Pro

The Affordable Health Care Act has so many upsides to it.

Children of parents will get health care until they turn 26 years old! That's very good.

Many people who want to get health care or insurance cannot afford it because the "big" companies are so crooked. So that is why the Affordable Health Care is there!

Read this link I shared. It shows all the upside to Obamacare.

http://obamacarefacts.com...
frankienstien

Con

I would never argue that there aren't some positive aspects of the law. However I don't see it working to lower the costs, or help strengthen the economy. It's just an attempt for Obama to play Robin Hood.

1) I doubt the law is Constitutional in the first place on the individual mandate. Ruling's on such issues are subject to change, based on the justices. The court held it as a tax, so guess what.. another lie Obama told. I make less than 50,000 a year and now I have to pay higher taxes.
CoolPeppers12

Pro

Obamacare will help the economy of the country, and if it doesn't, what are we going to do?
Obamacare is here to stay, and we and YOU cannot get rid of it, because it is what we have.
President Obama did not tell a lie, I do understand where you got that information from.
And, do you really have to pay higher taxes?

Anyway, Obamacare is still a good health care. One of my family members could not afford any health care of which was available around her. It was too expensive. Obamacare!
frankienstien

Con

There are only two acceptable was to lower the cost of healthcare. 1) malpractice caps 2) Eliminate the legislation that forces hospitals to work on people without insurance.

2) Affordable is subject to interpretation by the individual. Most of the support fell fast when people got sicker shock on the prices. They found the free lunch wasn't free as they are rich as far as Obama sees it. The main reason less than 25 % of Americans wasn't it now and less 2% of Americans signed up.
CoolPeppers12

Pro

Nothing wrong with hospitals providing care to patients who have no insurince. What happens if a homeless man doesn't have any healthcare and he gets hit by a car?

No, not 2% of Americans signed up for Obamacare. Did you hear that about 7 million people signed up.

At first, i thought Obamacare would've been a flop, but it wasn't.

frankienstien

Con

There is something wrong with the government forcing hospitals to work on people that can't or won't pay. This is why we have this mess. insured folks absorb the losses on Medicaid and Medicare payments, but that is small enough at around 10%. People without insurance that seek medical procedures without the ability to pay are the problem. Many without insurance will repay their bill, some can pay without insurance, some won't seek help.

The government has no right to mandate .
CoolPeppers12

Pro

Are you saying people who are too poor to pay for their health, shouldn't be cared for? If that's it, I have to say that is a bit ignorant.

And if someone is poor, cannot pay for their own medical bills because the US hospitals are demanding for BIG amounts of money, I do not see the problem with the Affordable Health Care "giving" people health care.

Because, some one who is actually poor and not able to afford health care, do you think it is the smartest idea to refuse.
frankienstien

Con

frankienstien forfeited this round.
CoolPeppers12

Pro

Obamacare is great
Posted by frankienstien 2 years ago
frankienstien
Right or wrong , we can only provide for those that try. In light of a "global economy" we don't need to cripple opportunities.
Posted by frankienstien 2 years ago
frankienstien
I'd like to point out the US population is at 310 million not counting illegal immigrants. 7 million is less than 2% of the population. I was giving Obama credit where it wasn't due. Thanks for pointing that out.
Posted by The_Scapegoat_bleats 2 years ago
The_Scapegoat_bleats
What are you talking about?
The resolution is clear: "Obamacare is here to stay", and Con is Con.
What seems to be the problem?

Con wants to argue that Obamacare is not here to stay, because Obama is allegedly using this "propaganda" to weaken his opposition.
It's not about whether Obamaare should be abolished. Con clearly says it will not last ANYWAY, as it's all hot air.

Pro would have to argue that Obamacare is a solid concept and will outlast the Obama administration.
Posted by Actionsspeak 2 years ago
Actionsspeak
I'm presuming Con is Con obamacare, and what i've written below is a summary of his/her argument:

I think Obama is using propaganda to falsify its effects, and I will be argueing Obamacare should be abolished.
Posted by n7 2 years ago
n7
404 coherent debate topic not found. Please restart the debate with clear resolution
Posted by HollyMaxSpencer 2 years ago
HollyMaxSpencer
I don't like obamacare. Can I argue that?
Posted by Abunai 2 years ago
Abunai
What are you trying to debate?
Vote Placed by Ragnar 2 years ago
Ragnar
frankienstienCoolPeppers12Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Rather than responding when caught insisting poor people should not receive medical care, con conceded conduct. ... Unconvinced by either side on the actual argument.