Isaiah68
dsjpk5

Obama's Anti Gun Media Legislation Must Be Stopped.

dsjpk5

Isaiah68

Pro

Commonly used and unregulated internet discussions and videos about guns and ammo could be closed down under rules proposed by the State Department, amounting to a "gag order on firearm-related speech," the National Rifle Association is warning.

In updating regulations governing international arms sales, State is demanding that anyone who puts technical details about arms and ammo on the web first get the OK from the federal government " or face a fine of up to $1 million and 20 years in jail.

These are gross neglects and usurping of the Constitution. The first and second amendment as well clearly a target. It is an outright ban on infoation. How Far the mighty hath fallen. Regardless of what side of the isle you stand on politically, this legislation should disturb all American citizens. Taking firearms out of the equation, what will have to "be checked by the federal Government next? Two word: slippery slope.

I digress.
dsjpk5

Con

I would like to thank my opponent for creating this debate.

PLAGIARISM

My opponent has plagiarized his first round argument from the following source:

http://m.washingtonexaminer.com...

I ask the voters to consider this when voting on this debate.
Isaiah68

Pro

Isaiah68 forfeited this round.
dsjpk5

Con

It would appear my opponent is forfeiting this debate.
Isaiah68

Pro

Isaiah68 forfeited this round.
dsjpk5

Con

Vote Con!
Posted by dsjpk5 1 year ago
dsjpk5
I would like to thank my opponent for instigating this debate. It was very interesting indeed!
Posted by dsjpk5 1 year ago
dsjpk5
I w
Posted by dsjpk5 1 year ago
dsjpk5
You absolutely claimed them as your own by not using quotation marks and not citing your source. I don't know why you're lashing out at me. I didn't make you plagiarize or forfeit rounds.
Posted by Isaiah68 1 year ago
Isaiah68
And not every aspect of a debate constitutes citing sources. You are inexperienced. Do Politician debates throw out constant details for every fact or figure they give (Obama)? No.
Posted by Isaiah68 1 year ago
Isaiah68
Do your research rookie. There are elements missing for plagiarism. I didn't not recklessly use the authors words. Nor did I ever claim them to be my own. I used a published article to begin an argument, albeit I did not site the source. I take responsibility for that. If that's what you must do to "win", that's okay We all need to feel good somehow. Tell you what, Challenge me to the same or similar debate since you are so certain you can defeat me. I'll be waiting.
Posted by Thrillogy 1 year ago
Thrillogy
Would take this debate, but there is one huge issue- I need a source where this was said, so I know what I'm debating.
Vote Placed by CookieMonster9 1 year ago
CookieMonster9
Isaiah68dsjpk5Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Con is awarded conduct points because Pro forfeited and plagiarized his round 1 arguments. Con is awarded argument points because Pro just plagiarized his first argument. Pro also forfeited. Con is awarded source points because the only source given was for how Pro forfeited. This debate kind of went off rail and instead of debating the actual topic Pro plagiarized and Con got the source for how Pro plagiarized. Then Pro forfeits rest of his/her rounds. Nice job Con on catching the plagiarism.