iPwnuNOW
Jellopants

Obama's Re-election

iPwnuNOW

Con

This argument discusses inability or ability to change.
Please not that I am inexperienced and that this is my first debate. :D

Obama's has done a fair job of governing our country but his motto was "Change we can believe in" and the chant "Yes We Can". But have we really changed? No. The debt is still rising and we are sinking fast. Everything Obama has said was hype. There was no change. Politicians are not helping the debt. Obama has not brought any change. In my opinion, Obama's re-election is kind of in the horizon and not really going to reach us very soon.

However, if someone does vote for him, it would be most likely that he/she has fallen for political hype and/or wants to see Obama re-elected in order to have the 1st Black President voted for 2 terms. Both reasons hold no grounds.
Jellopants

Pro

First of all, I would like to thank my opponent for the debate and wish him good luck. My opponent did not offer any formal contentions and, being the instigator, the burden of proof is upon him to prove his thesis (Obama didn’t create chage. Having said that, my opponent also blocks all private communications thus making any clarification as to the format of this debate impossible. I am assuming this round is for acceptance only. My opponent may give his formal contentions at this time and I will follow with my rebuttals.

iPwnuNOW

Con

I thank my opponent for some clarification on how things work on debate.org. However I was not aware of the communications tools.

Also, if I do sloppy work or grammar it is most likely because it is my first real debate.

The first major flaw was the flimsy senior care plan and rising debt. Also, I think it was not wise to loan AIG the huge sum of money that blew away in a month carelessly.

The opponent will have to disprove my thesis and argue about change and provide examples.
Jellopants

Pro

Jellopants forfeited this round.
iPwnuNOW

Con

iPwnuNOW forfeited this round.
Jellopants

Pro

Jellopants forfeited this round.
iPwnuNOW

Con

iPwnuNOW forfeited this round.
Jellopants

Pro

Jellopants forfeited this round.