TFranklin62
pcmbrown

Obama's idea for "Universal Health Care" will only tear down America.

pcmbrown

TFranklin62

Con

Obama's idea for universal health care will not help America. It will hurt the economy, the middle class, and anyone who pays taxes. Rich people know this. They make lots of money and don't want to loose another penny to another one of Obma's idiotic plans, such as heavily taxing anyone who makes over $150,000 a year (that number has been lowered three times since August).

Resolution: If this plan of the President's is put into action, America will only fall into a deeper recession.
pcmbrown

Pro

I affirm "Resolved: If this plan of the President's is put into action, America will only fall into a deeper recession."
1.This government industry is destined to fail. Essentially, universal health care reflects such programs as Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid, but on a far larger scale. As we all know, Social Security, and the like, are experiencing bureaucratic complications, a steady decrease in funding, and an increase in demand. Within 20 years, these programs will likely be nonexistent. It may be assumed that universal health care, being a similar program, will be subject to the same pressures, and eventually, cease to exist. This will have profound negative repercussions. The system's inevitable collapse with lead to a universal lack of health insurance, eliminating preventative care, and placing the burden of all emergency care on an insufficient general government fund. The link to recession is clear.
2.The government would experience a vast decrease in funds. Malpractice lawsuits are at unprecedented levels. If the government were to adopt this program, said suits would apply to the United States government, and therefore taxpayers. The detriment of this is undisputable. Also, the government, with its bureaucratic clutter, is more likely to commit malpractice. Not only will these lawsuits take money from taxpayers; they will increase due to government inefficiency.
3.This will result in the destruction of the health insurance industry. This industry is one of America's fastest growing, and provides 14 million jobs, or 5 percent of the American workforce. This industry's destruction would lead to mass layoffs, and drive our nation far further into a recession.
4.My opponents arguments support the Proposition. Therefore, "Obama's idea for universal health care will not help America. It will hurt the economy, the middle class, and anyone who pays taxes. Rich people know this. They make lots of money and don't want to loose another penny to another one of Obma's idiotic plans, such as heavily taxing anyone who makes over $150,000 a year (that number has been lowered three times since August)." Must also be successfully defended by my opponent.
5.Thanks for reposting. I look forward to your arguments.
TFranklin62

Con

First off, you didn't say anything in your first round..........

Anyway, "This will result in the destruction of the health insurance industry." These are not my words, they are yours. I didn't say that the healthcare industry would collapse, I said that It would lead America into a deeper recession. Please don't pull things out of the air like that. You have gotten totally off topic in the first 10 sentences.

My argument stands as this: If the American people receive "free" healthcare, then America will only loose more money. This is how our current system works: Bob gets sick, Bob goes to the doctor. The doctor prescribes a medicine for Bob. Bob goes to the front desk to check out and to pay the bill. Bob has insurance, so the insurance company will pay enough of the bill so Bob only has to pay $20. Bob pays his insurance company twice a year to keep the insurance company happy and to pay his doctor visits and other various medical bills, car bills, and house bills. ( Bob has an insurance that covers everything, house, car, medical).

The key point there being that Bob payed the doctor, his staff, and the janitor who cleans up the place. If Bob no longer has to pay for that service, then will the company stay in business? NO! If no one pays them they can't support their family's, so they have to quit and find a new job. If doctors all over the country quit, who will Bob go to the next time he is sick?

This is what would happen if healthcare was free. The government is smart enough to predict this, so they know that someone must pay up. Who will end up paying the bill? American taxpayers! I can assure you that someone will pay, and who else but the taxpayers?

This Idea of "universal healthcare" (which is not to be confused with single player) will increase costs for business, family's, and will only take more of your hard-earned money.

Medicare is already in debt 40 billion dollars, do you really want it to close and have all that debt forced on us at tax time?

I challenge you, SHOW me how this isn't what will happen. You have a difficult job to do, best of luck.

http://answers.yahoo.com...
pcmbrown

Pro

Sir, please note the side that you are on.

I am proposing, hence "Pro", the resolution: "Resolved: If this plan of the President's is put into action, America will only fall into a deeper recession." Thus, my position is to demonstrate that universal health care will damage our economy. I am attempting to do so. My points stand, and my opponents points are turned against him, given that they support my side of the arguement.

Your responsibility is to promote the economic benefits of universal health care, as you have adopted the Contradictory stance.
TFranklin62

Con

TFranklin62 forfeited this round.
pcmbrown

Pro

Extend all my points.
TFranklin62

Con

You sent me a message saying that you were "quite done with the topic" so that is why i hadn't posted any arguments.
pcmbrown

Pro

I meant that you oughtn't post a third debate. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
Posted by pcmbrown 8 years ago
pcmbrown
forget? i suppose...
Posted by TFranklin62 8 years ago
TFranklin62
can we just forget this debate?
Posted by TFranklin62 8 years ago
TFranklin62
you said that u were done with the topic
Posted by TFranklin62 8 years ago
TFranklin62
I am so sorry to all you viewers for wasting your time, and to my opponent, i am pro for this debate, but con for Obama's idea for healthcare. please forgive me. I would like to restart this debate, i will post another one, and i will be sure to pick the right side this time. once again i a sorry for the mix up.
Posted by TFranklin62 8 years ago
TFranklin62
i am con about obama's idea, sorry, i picked con instead of pro, but i think you know what i meant, i am so sorry, if we could still debate this but everyone know that i am pro.....
Vote Placed by MTGandP 8 years ago
MTGandP
TFranklin62pcmbrownTied
Vote Placed by Agnostic 8 years ago
Agnostic
TFranklin62pcmbrownTied
Vote Placed by tribefan011 8 years ago
tribefan011
TFranklin62pcmbrownTied
Vote Placed by Larsness 8 years ago
Larsness
TFranklin62pcmbrownTied
Vote Placed by slobodow 8 years ago
slobodow
TFranklin62pcmbrownTied
Vote Placed by Riley09 8 years ago
Riley09
TFranklin62pcmbrownTied
Vote Placed by Charlie_Danger 8 years ago
Charlie_Danger
TFranklin62pcmbrownTied
Vote Placed by TFranklin62 8 years ago
TFranklin62
TFranklin62pcmbrownTied
Vote Placed by pcmbrown 8 years ago
pcmbrown
TFranklin62pcmbrownTied