Mirza
brian_eggleston

Obese people should be allowed to adopt

Mirza

Mirza

Pro

http://www.debate.org... I know i look good, but thanks!!

I thank brian for accepting this debate beforehand. lol. i look forward to a fun debate and maybe my first win ever LMAO! (actually, ive won one before and couldve won the others except if my mother didnt votebomb my opponents just because i complimented her bosoms) so basically, yeah.

http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

Anyway the resolution is clear. I want to debate brian on the rights for obese people (which he likes to call fat lol http://www.debate.org... but its offensive lol its like calling a chinese man yellow just because he looks more yellow then black)... yeah.

o_O arguments O_o

I think that ther's nothing wrong with obese people adopting children. First of all, they are humans just like the rest of us. Third of all, there are many others people who are ill in one way or anoethr. For example we have a lot people who suffer from cancer, http://www.cancer.org... but do we just tell them not to adopt children?? Of course not (although some ppl want the laws changed actually (i even think some countries have such law already lool... I think Alaska is one of them or Africa, but im not sure) but it doesnt matter, their stupid anyway)... basically, yeah.

Furthermore, obese ppl always have hope, right?? I mean, its not the worst thing in the world plus, as i said, there's nothing wrong with obese people. They can be nice and caring people and MUCH better than normal people tbh. I can relate to that. I think i'm a good person and better than those stupid skinny blondes (actually, im a blonde myself ROFLMAO but im not skinny nor am I stupid (I actually got grades far above average in my area lol. i get D in spanish and thats even the easiest subject and i get E at Physical education which is also good) and so on)... basically, yeah.

In fact, if we look at the progres in our societies; we can clearly see how much better it gets for obese people. http://www.dbtechno.com... As you can see, there are fewer obese people. In fact just because we still have *some* who are still obese LOL doesnt mean that it gets worse (actually, it gets worse in Oklahoma ROFL who would've thought?? http://okc.about.com... hmm I actually agree with that one since we've had increased earthquakes lately...) yeah... but i'm not so good in geography i admit it (but my mother is, shes a geek lol. When i was younger she told me the capitals of all nations in all the continents we have, ie. North america, Europe, Asia, South pole, North Dakota, and... thats pretty much it)... basically, yeah.

And another thing. Would it be fair if blacks couldnt adopt?? If they couldnt have children at all, and suddenly we tell them that they cant adopt, and why? Because they're black?! Its stupid! So why dont we let obese people adopt?

They can recover.
they're just as loving as other people.

The argument that there children also get obese is just stupid. I mean, if person has a dinosaur pet, does the pet become human?? Absolutely not (although some people do argue that polymorphism is possible... IDK to be honest, i dont think we will find out because even though some animals stem from humans it doesnt mean humans can become animals)... yeah.

Also! Lets say that a child from india needs to find new adoptive parents... What if the best one's are some who're obese?? should they not adopt? Should we give them to athletes who tell their kids that Red bull gives them wings? Is that better than caring obese people who could become skinnier some day??

�_� References �_�

Yeah i got some. Although i dont really agree with all of what they actually say, IMO they pretty much agree with me on everything, so yeah...

-_- Conclusion -_-

As you can see, brian hasnt even come with one rebuttal yet so I think hes just being hypocritical. and specieist. Just because obese people are obese doesnt mean they dont have basic human rights. Even the uN recognizes their rights (although the uN is not always right... like, they dont think we should go to war with Vatican even tho they've covered lots of rape cases. Its tragic IMO really)... Basically, yeah.
brian_eggleston

Con

Greeting sinners!

I've been busy preaching the Lord's Word in the beautiful English County of Devon recently so I haven't been on here for a while, but now I'm back because Brian Eggleston has asked me to explain to his (now my) opponent why the obese should NOT be allowed to adopt any of GOD'S CHILDREN.

- DEFINITIONS -

An obese person – a person who has a body mass index greater than 30 because they eat too much and do too little exercise, in other words they are greedy and lazy. http://www.nhs.uk...

A sinner – a person who falls short of the glory of God. Romans 3:23

- ARGUMENTS -

We are all sinners in the eyes of our Lord but some sinners are worse than others and obese people are among the WORST sinners of all.

Do you know what another word for greed is? GLUTTONY. And do you know what another word for laziness is? SLOTH. And did you know that gluttony and sloth are TWO of the SEVEN DEADLY SINS.

http://www.deadlysins.com...

So obese people commit at least 35% of the WORST SINS people can possibly commit EVERY DAY. My opponent says obese people are "nice" but she is wrong – they are EVIL, not least of all because by eating more than their fair share of food they are depriving more worthy people than themselves of their daily sustenance.

Obesity is a problem that the modern world created and today in the Western World around half the people are seriously overweight. So what if there were that many seriously overweight people around when Jesus was alive? Obese people eat about twice as much as normal people so when Jesus performed the miracle of providing enough loaves and fishes to feed five thousand followers (Matt 14:13-21), if there were as many seriously overweight people then as there are now, Jesus would only have had enough food to feed half of the followers because the seriously overweight followers would have eaten the other half's share, and then the miracle wouldn't have been quite so impressive, would it?

My opponent then wrote: "The argument that there children also get obese is just stupid…" On the contrary, it is a FACT. "…having obese parents is the factor that most increases the likelihood of childhood obesity, according to Stanford University School of Medicine researchers. They…found that 64 percent of children with overweight parents became overweight, compared with 16 percent of those with normal-weight parents."

http://www.news-medical.net...

My opponent also argued that if black people are allowed to adopt then so should obese people. This is a red herring, my friends, because it is not about the colour of the skin it is about the suitability of people to adopt. You see even a middle-class white couple would not be allowed to adopt if they had given way to SIN and engaged in acts of LUST with underage children in the past.

Furthermore, it is not true, as my opponent said, that people with cancer are allowed to adopt – if they are so ill they are incapable of caring for a child they will not be.

To end her argument my opponent wrote "obese people…could become skinnier some day." This is true. JESUS LOVES ALL SINNERS (even obese people) and If they LET JESUS INTO THEIR HEARTS and REPENT OF THEIR SINS and end their GLUTTONOUS and SLOTHFUL ways, obese people will indeed become slimmer and when they reach normal weight they should be allowed to adopt, but NOT before.

Toodle pip!
Mirza

Pro

I thank my very intelligent opponent for accepting my challenge. can I ask what does DATCMOTO mean lol? Is it some title you get when joining Mensa or? (ROFLMAO i just remember I actually took a mensa IQ test and got 1% above average in Oklahoma lool... I think my result was 81, Oklahoma average is about 80, and my family average is 73) basically... yeah.

<> Definitions <>

I agree that an obese person is one with a body mass index greater than 30. lol. But then DATCMOTO wrote "because they eat too much and do too little exercise, in other words they are greedy and lazy" Its so offensive. How can he know that they do little exercise and are greedy? I know some obese people who attend all PE classes, eat lots of healthy food like carrots etc. And they're even faster than me haha ROFLMAO (but its kind of weird when i race against them lol. They always tell me to run backwards because that is how all the runners do it. I know they are right, but its still weird weird) I mean, basically... yeah.

Also, we need to measure things properly right? Its only a hypothesis that obese people are lazy and greedy. I'd like to see if my opponent can find evidence to confirm that obese people are lazy, and he needs to confirm the the hypothesis through scientific mechanism:

1. Hypothesis
2. Theory
3. Basically, yeah

Once you confirm the hypthesis and theory, you get the conclusion. Thats basically how it goes. So, readers, has DATCMOTO come with even ONE fact? I dont think so. Its absolutely ridiculous.

<> Arguments <>

Well I totally disagree that obese people are the worst sinners of all are. What about rapists? murderers? Prostitutes? Child molesters? Palin supporters? Are they better? No. And obese people are NOT evil. Do you know that we actually have too much food in the world? Its just that some stupid people who are really evil dont let people get food. In fact obese people are helping us eat food instead of wasting it. Yeah. Did you know that "When you count what's put down the disposal, 25 percent of what enters our homes is not eaten," http://www.culinate.com...

Yeah? Is this better? Obese people at least eat what they get and the food doesnt get wasted. Also, most obese people are Christian. http://www.associatedcontent.com... So how can DATCMOTO say that these people are sinners (although some might not be true Christians... like my uncle, sometimes he says that he is Christian, and sometimes he says that priests can be very attractive) basically... yeah

How is my argument red herring?? Its the same isn't it? If obese cant adopt, then its the same as blacks cant adopt. They are all PEOPLE (although we have a lot of racists in Oklahoma who argue otherwise... Damn, I really could kill them. I wonder if I would be sentenced to death tho? Who cares, just because "ONE" law is bastard doesnt mean that my country Oklahoma is bastard)... yeah.

Also... What if DATCMOTO was fat? What if mensa wouldnt accept his very high IQ just because he might be fat? Is that fair? No. Well, I than DATCMOTO for a fantastic debate tho. We both argue very well and I think we are very good debaters. thanks.

"Toodle pip!"

Basically, yeah.
brian_eggleston

Con

Greetings to my adolescent American adversary who claims that there are more evil people than obese people: sex pests; kiddy-fiddlers and the like - but she forgets that people can commit these sins and ALSO BE OBESE AT THE SAME TIME. We already know that obese people commit 35% of the SEVEN DEADLY SINS even before they get out of bed in the morning so any sins they commit after that GO ON TOP.

Now, it may be that my opponent is right and leaving food on your plate is wasteful, but it is NOT SINFUL. Nowhere in The Good Book does it say: "Thou shall finish all thy vegetables or thou shall not get any dessert" or "eat every last scrapeth of thy food for there art people starving in Africa."

Next, please take a look at this picture of the Last Supper:

http://www.globalgallery.com...

Do you see any obese people there? No, and that's for two reasons:

1 – None of Jesus' twelve disciples were skulking fat loafers because Jesus didn't associate with SERIAL SINNERS, and;

2 – Even if Jesus did have some corpulent slackers as friends, they wouldn't have come to the Last Supper because the menu consisted of dry unleavened bread, roast lamb and bowls of bitter herbs [1] and that wouldn't have appealed to the palettes of heavy-treading Hebrews and other obscenely fat followers who would have, instead, dined on greasy kebabs (hold the salad) or stodgy pizzas with all the toppings: both of which were available in the Biblical Holy Land at that time. [2,3]

In conclusion, we wouldn't leave innocent children in the care of couples with a history of violence; substance abuse; theft or sexual offending as they are likely to corrupt them - and the same principle applies to the obese who are likely to DAMAGE THE HEALTH of VULNERABLE CHILDREN by OVERFEEDING them on JUNK FOOD and FIZZY DRINKS.

Thank you for a good debate, PRAISE THE LORD, SING HALLELUJAH! and, of course, Toodle pip!

[1] http://www.trivia-library.com...
[2] http://en.wikipedia.org...
[3] http://en.wikipedia.org...
Posted by nonentity 6 years ago
nonentity
Tied on everything except arguments---This was pretty hilarious! Great job to both of you. I would have given spelling/grammar to Brian, but mirza was just typing like lovelife :p and I gave arguments to mirza because he got lovelife down to a tee. Unfortunately, I don't really know DATCMOTO so, although Brian's was funny, I can't gauge how true to character he was.
Posted by lovelife 6 years ago
lovelife
Bible belt=bad
All you need to know.
Only bibles are sold in education stores here.
Posted by brian_eggleston 6 years ago
brian_eggleston
Not for me to say lovelife - I'm not an American for a start and the only states in the South I've been to are Texas and Florida so I don't really feel qualified to comment.
Posted by lovelife 6 years ago
lovelife
I'm pretty sure thats a bad thing
Posted by brian_eggleston 6 years ago
brian_eggleston
No, I mean it's part of the "Bible Belt"!
Posted by lovelife 6 years ago
lovelife
And is growing up in Oklahoma just neutral now?
Posted by brian_eggleston 6 years ago
brian_eggleston
No, I think Mirza was funnier than me by far.

@lovelife: it's neither good nor bad; it just means you grew up in Oklahoma!
Posted by Mirza 6 years ago
Mirza
Well, I think Brian was too funny. And his last references - "History of pizza" and "Kebab" are hilarious.
Posted by m93samman 6 years ago
m93samman
In that case, I'm not voting. I can't decide
Posted by Mirza 6 years ago
Mirza
I think all three somehow. Best impersonation, best arguments, most stupid way of arguing.
Vote Placed by m93samman 6 years ago
m93samman
Mirzabrian_egglestonTied
Vote Placed by nonentity 6 years ago
nonentity
Mirzabrian_egglestonTied
Vote Placed by ethopia619 6 years ago
ethopia619
Mirzabrian_egglestonTied
Vote Placed by lovelife 6 years ago
lovelife
Mirzabrian_egglestonTied