GEBRONI8880
Elijahhill97

Obesity In America should we do something

GEBRONI8880

Pro

Obesity In America is a big problem that's needs to be fixed. heart disease is a killer that is caused by diabetes that is cause by obesity argue if your against doing anything about it
Elijahhill97

Con

Now I agree with you in everyway on this don't get me wrong, but the problem is we cannot force obese people or people who will become obese to change their ways. They have to change for themselves or they have to want to change otherwise they will just keep going back or finding different ways to get the food they want.

If we say no you cannot have this or stop serving obese people fast food.. will that stop them? No they will find someone to buy it for them or sneak it one way or another. We can overall help them and make it easier for them and also harder to get certain foods but in the end it is up to the person whether they want to fix their lifestyle or not., I would like to take the time to thank my opponent for offering this debate and to anyone who is reading this. Thank you.
GEBRONI8880

Pro

Before I start I would like to thank my opponent for debating this topic with me. I Agree with my opponent about not being able to force people to fight their obese problems, but their are many obese people who want to make a change for example Jamie Oliver a chef from England is not obese but tries his best to change other people's eating habits.

Forcing people is obviously not an option but getting people to help is, the United States is the 3rd most obese country in the world behind Mexico and Australia and that is a substantial problem Obesity in childhood can add up to health problems"often for life. In adults, overweight and obesity are linked to increased risk of heart disease, type 2 diabetes (high blood sugar), high blood pressure, certain cancers, and other chronic conditions.
Elijahhill97

Con

And we can offer them everything but your topic sentence is "Obesity In America Should We Do Something" They,the obese people, have to do something first they must take actions. They have to do something first which is why I say we cannot do something. Because they have to do something.
GEBRONI8880

Pro

yes they have to do something but we have to urge them to do something no one will just get up and do it we the people have to help with obesity
Elijahhill97

Con

When you try to urge an alcoholic to stop drinking how well does it work? when you want a drug addict to go to rehab how many times do they comply? The point is they have to want the change they have to take the first step then we can come in. Obese people have to do something first before we can help. Thank you.
Posted by GEBRONI8880 3 years ago
GEBRONI8880
i did this topic to debate not to just say no so elijahhill is right
Posted by Elijahhill97 3 years ago
Elijahhill97
your lack of understanding has ruined my respect for you
Posted by ethglo 3 years ago
ethglo
This is petty, and this debate is ruined.
Posted by Elijahhill97 3 years ago
Elijahhill97
"But in the end it is up to the person,Obese person, to change their lifestyle or not." So remind me again what you are trying to say? I'm showing what the opposition would say but I'm showing how only the obese person is the only one who can actually do something.
Posted by ethglo 3 years ago
ethglo
"Now I agree with you in everyway on this don't get me wrong"

"We can overall help them and make it easier for them and also harder to get certain foods but in the end it is up to the person whether they want to fix their lifestyle or not."
Posted by Elijahhill97 3 years ago
Elijahhill97
My whole argument shows how no matter what WE do the obese people are the only ones who can actually change themselves. what are you confused about? His topic question is should we do something about obesity or not. and I am stating how even if we do anything the obese people have to want to change and do change only THEY can do something about their weight.
Posted by ethglo 3 years ago
ethglo
I don't understand why con accepted the debate. The question is, do you do something or nothing. Not what to do.