Obi Wan Kenobi would have become Sith.
Debate Rounds (4)
So this is the scenario we would have been in. Yoda defeats Darth Sidious. Then Obi Wan Defeats Anakin.
So I have three examples that may have caused Obi Wan to become Sith.
1. The Death of his master.
Everyone knows that when you use anger for the force or in a lightaber duel you are using the dark side of the of the force. Well this is the only way that Obi Wan was able to beat Darth Maul. As seen in the following video.
2.Count Dooku his master's master spoke of him building up his rage. When Count Dooku captured Obi Wan Kenobi he spoke to Kenobi as if it was planned for him to become sith. I could not find a video on this but it is seen when Count Dooku capture Obi wan.
3. My third and Final point is when Obi wan killed Anakin. This was another case where he felt sad and angry. Sadness leads to aggression as seen with Anakin and his mother.
1. Although the death of his master did seem to turn him close to the dark side, it didn't cause him to do anything against the Jedi order.
"Well this is the only way that Obi Wan was able to beat Darth Maul."
Obi wan has not encountered Darth Maul before so we cannot come to the conclusion that he can *only* defeat an enemy using anger.
2. "Count Dooku said this to Obi Wan in episode 2 but Obi Wan didn't become a Sith or show any sign that he might act on what Dooku said to him. Interestingly, even though Obi Wan was called to the dark side before Anaiken, it was Anaiken who turned to the dark side before Obi Wan ever could."
3. Sadness does not always lead to aggression, as seen with Yoda when hundreds of his fellow Jedi were killed in the battle of Geonosis. In his battle with count dooku, he did not pull out his lightsaber until Count Dooku did.
Also., Obi Wan didn't kill Anaiken and wasn't trying to hurt him until the very end. We hear him trying to talk to Anaiken, even in the end.
My points: the main factor that turned Anaiken to the dark side was the fear of his love interest, Padme, dying. While Anaiken broke the Jedi code and married her, Obi wan has done nothing like this, making him less prone to turning to the dark side.
That is all for now, I look forward to your next argument.
2. There has always been sith in the jedi. Obi Wans master was trained by a sith lord. Who was trained by the great and powerful Yoda.
3. Obi Wan had always been jealous of his master taking Anakin in. Being Jealous is a serious sign of sith.
4. There were not hundreds of jedi who died in that battle not even close. At the most 50.
5. Obi Wan knew he had to kill him when Anakin said," Either you are with me or you are my enemy."
In which case Obi Wan replied," Only a sith deals in absolutes, I will do what I must." Clearly stating that not only was he sith but the fight would be to the death."
6. There was a point in time where Obi Wan Fell In love which is against the jedi order
This site also explains how Obi Wans love was killed by the vengful Darth Maul.
Obi Wan wanted more revenge than to stop Maul.
These are all reasons why Obi Wan Kenobi would have become sith.
1. My point was that just because Obi Wan used anger against Darth Maul does not mean that he is completely reliant on his anger.
3. Please provide sources or examples for these two statements.
4 This does not change the fact that Jedi were killed in the battle, again, provide a source for your claims
5. Quotes by Obi Wan during the battle of Mustafar:
"You were my brother, Anakin; I loved you."
"I have failed you, Anakin; I have failed you."
"Anakin, Chancellor Palpatine is evil!"
Obi Wan clearly did not wish to kill Anaiken and was not fighting him out of anger. He tried talking Anaiken out of it. Lets also look at the conditions in which Obi Wan had to fight Anaiken:
-The only other Jedi he knew was Yoda, who had to fight Darth Sidious since Obi Wan wouldn't last too long against him
-Anaiken had just threatened to kill Obi Wan
-Anaiken had just killed most of the Jedi-including children-at the Jedi Temple.
6. While forming close bonds with another person(a.k.a, Marriage) is against the Jedi Order, falling in love is not.
Obi Wan didn't marry unlike Anaiken which would go against the Jedi Order.
Also, if Obi Wan would vengefully kill, he would have killed the bounty hunter that killed his first love interest, Siri Tachi, which he didn't, proving he wouldn't follow the path of Anaiken
So far, you have failed to show how the republic not falling would change Obi Wan's descision to remain a Jedi which is the focus of this debate.
I am curious to see how you end this debate.
welsh12 forfeited this round.
Stealthy-Ninja forfeited this round.
No votes have been placed for this debate.
You are not eligible to vote on this debate
This debate has been configured to only allow voters who meet the requirements set by the debaters. This debate either has an Elo score requirement or is to be voted on by a select panel of judges.