msmargaretbeth
Malacoda

Oblivion is Better than Skyrim

Malacoda

msmargaretbeth

Pro

There is so much more character development available, the levels develop with practice (such as jumping with acrobatics and things like that), and that is a risk I'd take for worse graphics
Malacoda

Con

I am thouroghly offended by your heinous accusation. So are all of my friends. Did you know that you made the Dragonborn cry? Yeah, that's right! He bawled for like twelve in-game hours. I will not allow you to apply such reckless hate to Skyrim. Oblivion, on the other hand, SUCKS! That's right, I hate it! You want to hear why? I will tell you, my sweet cornish hen:

Major Points of Contention:

1. COMBAT

Anyone that has played the combat of both games knows that the combat is drastically different. However, not different as in both unique and appealing to different audiences. Skyrim's combat is undoubtably superior. Skyrim expands greatly on Oblivion's combat, adding the ability to dual-wield weapons, a wider range of swinging motions, non-restricted power attacks, more accurate and enjoyable archery, a wider range of spells to cast, and an overall more sophisticated, entertaining, and realistic combat system.

2. VISUALS

My opponent already conceded this point. But for anyone who hasn't played both games, the graphics take a huge leap forward in Skyrim. The visual difference is truly staggering.

Yeah. As cute as the vibrantly green Oblivion orc is, I prefer the Skyrim one.

Role-Playing

Skyrim's role-playing aspects are far superior to Oblivion. Skyrim allows the player to marry from a variety of NPCs, gain positions in the royal court, determine the outcome of the civil war, and even (in DLC) adopt and raise children and pets. All of these game-changing and immersive activities were absent in Oblivion.

I could certainly find more evidence for my case, but I am already on top in this debate. I'm also relatively sure that my opponent won't return to finish the debate. I urge her to prove me wrong.

Don't vote Mikal
Don't vote Blade
Don't vote Lannan

VOTE CON
msmargaretbeth

Pro

msmargaretbeth forfeited this round.
msmargaretbeth

Pro

msmargaretbeth forfeited this round.
Malacoda

Con

I think Totino Boy scared her off...
Vote Placed by Blade-of-Truth 2 years ago
Blade-of-Truth
msmargaretbethMalacodaTied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct - Con. Pro forfeited multiple rounds in the debate which is rarely acceptable conduct. S&G - Tie. Both had adequate spelling and grammar. Arguments - Con. Pro failed to present any significant arguments in order to rebut Con's own challenges. Due to this, Con stands unchallenged and thus wins arguments. Sources - Con. Pro failed to utilize any sources in this debate whereas Con utilized visual evidence and a YouTube video. This is a clear win for Con.
Vote Placed by lannan13 2 years ago
lannan13
msmargaretbethMalacodaTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture