justinB1979
Arrosa

Occupy the news media.

Started: 2/17/2016 Category: News

justinB1979

Pro

Over the years, we all know the media is being used in order to basically brain wash the sheep of the nation. Sometimes it does a darn good job at it. With all the lies from the news media, I believe the people should rise up on them. Occupy news media. Stop dividing our nation.
Arrosa

Con

First of all it isn't completely clear to me what is meant with the word "occupy" in this statement. But I suppose it means something comparable to: we need to demonstrate the evil of the media and protest against it.

This would be done by making up rules that put restrictions to what kind of media is being send out into the world. These kind of restrictions could be seen as censorship of the media. Because rules, about what can be put out in the world, can, and will be, misused by the rule makers as well as the ones that will be following these rules. The ones that make the rules for example can make sure to make these rules in their advantage. Hitler is one of these examples that made very good use of this. The media that is created by these restrictions can no longer be called media but should now be called propaganda.

I'm also wondering how you would occupy the news media. Keep in mind that I'm interpreting occupy as similar to protest. Because media nowadays plays a big role in protests. For updates in the news but also for spreading the word about how the protest would be organized.

Besides when you "rise up on them" you go against the law that defines freedom of the press.

This is why I'm against the statement of this debate.
justinB1979

Pro

justinB1979 forfeited this round.
Arrosa

Con

Arrosa forfeited this round.
justinB1979

Pro

justinB1979 forfeited this round.
Arrosa

Con

Arrosa forfeited this round.