Nickc92
Theqeustioner

Of all of Leonardo Da Vinci's skills, his artistic ability was most significant for the future.

Nickc92

Pro

Leonardo Da Vinci is the quintessential Renaissance man. I am arguing that of all of Da Vinci's great skills, it was his artistic ability (painting, drawing, etc.) that had the greatest hand in shaping mankind's future. My opponent will argue against that by choosing another skill of Da Vinci that he/she believes was more important in the shaping of mankind's future (i.e. mathematics, anatomy, engineering, architecture, etc.).

Debate will be four rounds. The first round will be acceptance of this debate and my opponent's opening argument.

I wish my opponent luck and I look forward to this debate.
Theqeustioner

Con

Forget the Mona Lisa. Da Vinci's biggest legacy
have been his studies of the fossil record and the studies of paleontology.Leonardo was and is best known as an artist, the creator of such masterpieces as the Mona Lisa and The Last Supper. Yet he was far more than a great artist he had one of the best scientific minds of his time. He made painstaking observations and carried out research in fields ranging from architecture and engineering to astronomy to anatomy and zoology to geography, geology and paleontology.
Nickc92

Pro

Nickc92 forfeited this round.
Theqeustioner

Con

My argument still stands
Nickc92

Pro

Nickc92 forfeited this round.
Theqeustioner

Con

ARE YOU SERIOUS !!!!!.Leonardo Da Vinci is usually thought of first and foremost as an artist but he was also an important humanist, scientist, and naturalist in the Renaissance. There is no evidence that Leonardo Da Vinci was also an atheist, but he should be a role model for us all in how to approach scientific and artistic problems from a naturalistic, skeptical perspective. He is also a reason why atheists should pay more attention to the connections between art and philosophy or ideology.Leonardo believed that a good artist must also be a good scientist in order to best understand and describe nature. The humanistic, naturalistic, and scientific aspects of Leonardo's life and work are not always clear because he was an original Renaissance Man: Leonardo's art, scientific investigations, technological inventiveness, and humanistic philosophy were all bound together.The origins of science can be traced back millennia, but it can be argued that the origins of modern science are in the Renaissance. Two features of the Renaissance factor heavily in modern science: the revolt against religious and political restrictions on knowledge and the return to ancient Greek philosophy " which included empirical, scientific investigation of nature. Renaissance figures like Leonardo Da Vinci were explicit in their reliance on empiricism rather than faith, their willingness to study nature to gain knowledge rather than rely upon tradition or dogma.

Leonardo Da Vinci exemplified this attitude through his careful studies of the natural world. He didn't just wonder how birds flew, for example, he undertook systematic studies birds in flight " then took this knowledge and tried to apply it in the hopes that humans might fly as well. Leonardo also studied how the eye sees in order to apply this knowledge to improve his own artistic creations. Thank you for this debate.Please vote for me
Nickc92

Pro

Nickc92 forfeited this round.
Theqeustioner

Con

Theqeustioner forfeited this round.
Posted by xxAnonymousxx 3 years ago
xxAnonymousxx
Ok. So first of all, Nickc92. You said that you "look forward to this debate". What the hell!?!?! YOU DIDN'T DO ANYTHING THAT I CAN SEE OF!!! Theqeustioner I guess, won this yet is says that this is a tie? Something is wrong.....