JustinLang
davidbuddy

Off-Brand food/water products are just as satisfying as the more expensive BRAND name type.

JustinLang

JustinLang

Pro

There is a knock off brand for almost everything. Mountain dew, Doritos, chetos, heck, even water bottles. Off-brand items are not only cheaper, but just as good tasting as the more expensive, well known brand. If I want to go get a bottle of water, what is the difference between buying a $3 bottle of FIJI water, and buying a $4 pack of 28 store brand water bottles? Yeah, Fiji has some crazy story about how their water is the finest around because it is filtered through volcanic rock and never comes in contact with humans, but lets be real. It's water. So is store brand water. Why should I spend $5 on a "Doritos" bag, when I can spend $2 on a different brand that is nearly identical in every way?
davidbuddy

Con

Most cheap brands or "knock off" brands will use the same or similar tasting ingredients. The cheap brands goal is to provide a product that tastes, smells, functions, whatever, the same as the expensive brand but at a discounted price.

Related Source(s):
http://www.huffingtonpost.com...
JustinLang

Pro

You just agreed with my side of the debate. My point is that is better for your wallet to get cheaper brands that are identical tasting. You selected the "Con" role so therefore you are supposed to tell me why I am wrong in saying so.
davidbuddy

Con

davidbuddy forfeited this round.
JustinLang

Pro

Not much left I can do. My opponent agreed with me in round one then forfeited round two. I guess that's it.
davidbuddy

Con

davidbuddy forfeited this round.
Vote Placed by lannan13 1 year ago
lannan13
JustinLangdavidbuddyTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture