Grazul2015
LaurieHouse

Official Language in the United States should be English

Grazul2015

Pro

I believe that if you live in the United States that you should understand our language (English). If you are coming from Mexico and you only know Spanish, I feel like to be an American citizen you should learn OUR language instead of increasing your language in an English speaking country.
LaurieHouse

Con

The US doesn't have an official language, therefore there is no "our" language. The United States is a melting pot, full of people from (mostly) every corner of the globe.

Why should the US force people to learn English? France doesn't force you to learn French. People there speak both French and English.

People in the US should be allowed to speak their native language as well as English.
Grazul2015

Pro

Grazul2015 forfeited this round.
LaurieHouse

Con

LaurieHouse forfeited this round.
Grazul2015

Pro

Grazul2015 forfeited this round.
LaurieHouse

Con

LaurieHouse forfeited this round.
Posted by kyle8 3 years ago
kyle8
So basically your argument is you don't want to learn Spanish.
Posted by LaurieHouse 3 years ago
LaurieHouse
Grazul, why don't you respond to the debate instead of comments? LOL
Posted by Grazul2015 3 years ago
Grazul2015
I obviously have an opinion, and I will stick too it. May I ask what language The Declaration of Independence was written in. What language have all the presidents spoke in the past and present? I live in America and I should not go into a store and see Spanish everywhere. There is a language called American English..
Posted by Blay11 3 years ago
Blay11
I totally agree! Like why is it a requirement for me to take a foreign language in order to get into a good college. My original language is English not Spanish or French therefore I should not have to learn it. If you plan to move from Mexico, where the dominant language is Spanish, to America where the dominant language is English, then you should learn English! If you don't want to learn English then stay In Mexico or France!
Posted by Ozzyhead 3 years ago
Ozzyhead
If you're talking about "our language" as in the language of the land, then that means you ought to be speaking Cherokee, Caddoan, Aztecan, Keresan, Tanon, and all the other languages of the LAND.