EAT_IT_SUKA
thedeadpool10

Oil Should not be Used for Electricity Production and Transportation Fuel

EAT_IT_SUKA

Pro

This debate is about whether or not oil should be used for electricity or as a transportation fuel. My thesis shall be: 'Oil should not be used for electricity production [1] or as a transportation fuel [2].' My opponent's thesis shall be: 'Oil should be used for electricity production or as a transportation fuel.' This debate has conditions, though:

Any information gained from Internet research needs a link to where you got the information from, and any information gained from book research needs the title, creator(s), chapter and page that has the information you're using. No opinions can be accepted as evidence, unless it is that of an expert [3] (if you use an expert's opinion, you need the expert's name and occupation as well as the link or book page). This debate will follow the format below:
Round 1) Acceptance of Conditions and Debate--No Arguments
Round 2) Opening Arguments--No Rebuttals
Round 3) Rebuttals/More Arguments
Round 4) Summary and Conclusion of Arguments--No Rebuttals or New Arguments

Please note that you only have 24 hours to respond to a post. If CON forfeits round 2, leaving me nothing to refute, and (s)he comes back in round 3 with arguments, I am allowed to refute his/her arguments in round 4, as it is not fair that (s)he didn't give me a chance to refute, and (s)he cannot refute anything in round 4, no matter any circumstances.

CON, you are allowed to make part 2's of your opening arguments in round 3 if you wish.

By accepting this debate, you accept all conditions above and all definitions below. With that, Good luck, CON.

[1]-Electricity generation is the process of generating electric power from other sources of primary energy.

References:

[2]-Fuels used to power cars, planes, anything that is meant to transport things.

[3]-A person who was enough knowledge and experience in a specific part of a field to be a reliable source in that specific part of that field (eg: an elementary school teacher is an expert at elementary education).
thedeadpool10

Con

"there are many alternatives to oil that are much healthier for the community."

^^^thesis^^^
EAT_IT_SUKA

Pro

Thank you for accepting the debate CON. However, I am for oil not being used for electricity production or as a transportation fuel, and my thesis was: 'Oil should not be used for electricity production or as a transportation fuel.' You're against oil not being used for electricity production, and your thesis was: 'Oil should be used for electricity production or as a transportation fuel.' I clearly stated that those were the thesis's in the first round.

CON posted the following last round:

I accept. "there are many alternatives to oil that are much healthier for the community."

^^^thesis^^^

I gave CON her/his thesis, and (s)he had the nerve to make up his/her own. Not only that, but CON is against oil being used for electricity production or as a transportation fuel, however, (s)he stated the following: "there are many alternatives to oil that are much healthier for the community."

His/Her 'thesis' agreed with mine, and (s)he made the thesis himself, so (s)he just completely agreed with my thesis: 'Oil should not be used for electricity production or as a transportation fuel.' So this debate is over.

Therefore, vote PRO.
thedeadpool10

Con

haha ohh. Well yay>
EAT_IT_SUKA

Pro

Extend arguments.

CON's statement 'haha ohh. Well yay>' doesn't make sense to me because (s)he lost.

Vote PRO.
thedeadpool10

Con

thedeadpool10 forfeited this round.
EAT_IT_SUKA

Pro

Extend.

Vote PRO.
thedeadpool10

Con

thedeadpool10 forfeited this round.
Posted by JasonMuller 2 years ago
JasonMuller
What type of "transportation oil "are you talking about? As there are gasoline, diesel and kerosene , etc. Or do you mean fossil fuels in general?