retrogamerguy
natho_thebrainz

Old Games better than new ones?

Started: 2/18/2016 Category: Games

retrogamerguy

Pro

Although next generation games are good in graphics and voice acting, I think old games are much better. anyone who doesnt agree may accept the challenge
natho_thebrainz

Con

Ladies and Gentleman.
We are here to debate about wether old games are better than new ones.
Now why do i think new ones are better than old ones? Well to start off with the new games like fps (first person shooter games) give you a much stronger buzz than the old ones like pacman and donkey kong. Running around shooting people causing blood and guts is not only preparing kids for the army but increasing there reaction time to shoot down the enemy. These reactions can be used across all fields not just shooting.

secondly kids are learning alot of infomation from games such as minecraft. These games teach you about all sorts of building techiques, how to make glass, ores, architecture and how to live life when you are older. Games these days also help us learn. Recently people have invented a game called kahoot. This is a quiz that help students learn that teachers project on the whiteboard and you learn with it. Games like donkey kong pacman etc never helped us like this. Games also these days save lives with teaching people how to save a dying person etc (u get the point)

More Info about why new ones are better later on in the debate

Why are old ones bad? Well basically and cruely they are a waste of time. Standing at an arcade room. wow what fun. If u die u have to pay more money to play and the boring ness of you having to go to the arcade sotres to play these games.

Thanks for reading this is my first debate but this is just an easy start just wanted to get a simple point across quickly so that i can get into the nitty gritty. Thanks and be nice(go easy)
retrogamerguy

Pro

A main reason why old games are better than new ones are the use of imagination - Modern games took away something very important from young children. Imagination. I played Starfox recently on my SNES, and it looked like a bunch of polgygons shooting polygons at each other, but using my imagination I was able to produce better looking graphics than the strongest PC around. There was a certain liberal thinking to older games, I make Starfoxes ship look like anything I want in an older game, compared to newer games where his ship has a specific design in mind
natho_thebrainz

Con

natho_thebrainz forfeited this round.
retrogamerguy

Pro

2) Simplicity - While some games did have horrible controls, it isn't anything like it is today. Now, I can't be too harsh on modern games because this is just natural with time, but the xbox 360 has what...10 buttons (including select and start), a d-pad and 2 analog sticks, and most if not all games still run out of room for things. The SNES has 8 buttons (including select and start) and a dpad, thats it, with the exception of fighting games, theres no buttons that have multiple functions.
natho_thebrainz

Con

natho_thebrainz forfeited this round.
retrogamerguy

Pro

retrogamerguy forfeited this round.
natho_thebrainz

Con

natho_thebrainz forfeited this round.
Posted by arnavp 1 year ago
arnavp
old games are just a waste of money if u lose u have to pay more while a console lets u play 24 7 , if u can afford one