Old Music Has a Better Message than New Music Towards Children

Started: 5/6/2016 Category: Music

Good evening,
All members are invited to join in this debate between Old and New Music messages. You will the Con(against) in this debate. I want to first say that the new music that you hear on the radio such as Kevin Gates or Fetty Wap is bringing the wrong message towards future generations. It influences them to do the things that the songs talk about such as doing drugs such as marijuana and cocaine or having sexual intercourse at such a young age where they do not need to be hearing those kinds of messages or foing those kinds of harsh actions. Secondly, the main problems the newer songs have is explicit vulgarity. The vulgarity can become brainwashed into the child's brain which causes the child to repeat the unnecessary language towards their peers or possibly their parents. The older music from the 70's, 80's, and part of 90's brought and still brings great messages towards children such as treating women rightly and have fun while following some guidelines such as curfews and parent rules.

I will be arguing that old music actually has a worse message than new music.

For my first contention please refer to the link to the lyrics or vimeo video which is even worse.

That is all for now.

This is off subject. This debate is about arguing about the message in Old and New music. The lyrics you have shown me is highly inappropriate in regards to its remarks about having sexual intercourse. How does this bring a good message towards young children. This is what is wrong with society. Allow me to ask my opponent a few questions. First of all, What positive message does this song bring towards young children? Second of all, How does this influence children to do good deeds? Third of all, Why do you think that this song is appealing to children and that they should do what this song is mentioning?

My opponent has failed to realise that this song was released before the 2000's making it "Old Music"

I have fulfilled my BoP please vote Con.
Posted by benjiboy456 3 months ago
How do I vote?