BornToDebate
jakethesnake99

Old School rappers (such as Tupac) are superior to modern day ones.

Started: 7/28/2013 Category: Arts

BornToDebate

Con

I am often shunned by my friends for saying that I consider Tupac a pretty whack rapper, lyrically and with his flow.

There are many elements to rap and the only thing Tupac did well was keeping constant rhythm and flow but other than that he was slow and very boring to be honest.

I know how unpopular and odd it is to hate old school over new school but I am ready to defend it.

In the first round I would like my opponent to open their speech as proposing the resolution to be true and I shall continue from there to rebut. I also would, for entertainment purposes, like a minimum of three raps per round from pro (I shall also give it in new school era).

I look forward to this debate. I am sure many people disagree with me since many have almost slapped me for dissing Tupac, Dre, Snoop and Biggie.

NEW SCHOOL RAP! WOOO!
jakethesnake99

Pro

The reason the old school rap is better in it's real. Lil Wayne, Drake, Nicki Minaj some of the biggest names in the new school rap game are fake. they rap about getting high and drunk and all that stuff when the other rapper you were talking about Hospin talks about how stupid and dumb doing that is. Although all the rappers back then did that they had big bad Tupac singing songs about his mom. They put their hearts and soul into it Biggie talked about his daughter and mom in songs. Plus they weren't all boring look at NWA,Nas they were really from the ghetto look at drake talks about coming from the bottom when he went to a private school and lived in a huge house. They also made songs that will last forever when these people make songs that are popular for two months.
BornToDebate

Con

You are basing the entire old vs new superiority thing on the fact that they rapped more about family back then than now? An artist should be entitled to create their works of art on any topic they wish, whether it be sex, drugs, life, depression or even family. This shouldn't be the basis of the art, nor the artists that produce it.

New age rap is much faster, on average, than old school rap and this is largely because being slow nowadays gets you called a whack rapper whereas back in the days of Tupac there was no such thing as a whack rapper because anyone who rapped was automatically cool.

Every rapper in Tupac's time was Christian, all black, all raised in a Ghetto and poor as hell.

The idea of a rapper being rich only came in what I call the mid-era of rap with people like Dre, snoop and Eminem. Now, when you are competing to become a millionaire suddenly you feel a helluva lot more pressure to produce much more intensified and forceful raps, even about your mother (as Eminem did).

Something that is apparent in new school raps is that the flow is almost always seamless (never pausing) and the rhyme schemes are often so intense that almost every single syllable in one line is rhyming with the next. On top of this skill is the ability to rap about something that no one has done before (see it's easy to say Tupac rapped about his life and his family but now no one else can do that or they'll be seen as copying him). You have atheist rappers, illuminati supporting rappers, such as Jay-Z and Lil Wayne, Illuminati fighting rappers such as Swizz and Hopsin and completely unique freaks of the rap industry such as Anilyst and Madchild. The diversity of views, styles and topics being rapped about are immense.

In the era of Tupac, rapping was just saying things as they are, like you're reading a slow motion story that happens to rhyme. New age rap is an insane fusion of metaphors, similes and onomatopoeia.

New age rap is on a new level, a higher one. It's that next level stuff that evolved from the original rap styles you hear din the videos of round one.

The industry is bigger, people fight harder to succeed in it, therefore they put more effort into what they do and thus the product if of higher quality. This is basic economics my friend. Enjoy the good stuff I posted this round. Peace.

#NewAgeRap4Life

Never give up on the rap game. Old and new it's the fact that in rap the lyrics matter. In sh*tty A** pop music only being a noob on autotune matters.

Respect.

Hope to have a great debate!

RAP!!!! WOOOOOOOOOO!
jakethesnake99

Pro

jakethesnake99 forfeited this round.
BornToDebate

Con

BornToDebate forfeited this round.
jakethesnake99

Pro

jakethesnake99 forfeited this round.
Posted by Alleyezonme 3 years ago
Alleyezonme
First off, there isn't one song that Pac is on that is wack. The other rappers you named I agree aren't all that. But any verse Pac ever said was always fire."And he sounds weird sometimes because most of his songs now.

Are not on the original beats he used, just about all of them are on newer beats."Also,"he was drunk and high when rapping. Because like he said, the people listening to him were as well. And he wanted to get thru to them, to inspire them to be better."

Regardless if they drank or smoked period. He wanted his true heartfelt meaning to come out. And no that is not wrong because many people do it. Even now the rappers do it, they even rap about it. Plus he could do it without the drinking and smoking as well, just research his interviews."

The reason you think he is what you say he is. Is because you've never had a life like his. Or the people he is trying to reach, and you can be like those people who say I don't know that. And then talk about how hard "you had it coming up as well.

But you'd be lying, because if you had you'd feel what he is saying. There isn't a rapper now today that can touch Pac. There never has been, and there never will be. Pac rapped his actual real life, these rappers now lie about their life."

And they act as if they are totally about the life they rap about. But most of them can't even go to the places they rap about being the "G" of. Because people who really do live that life would expose them. So they are to scared to go to those places they rap about.

Are you serious about his lyrics? If you really think that then you know nothing about rap at all. His metaphors can't be touched, and the true hardness in them are boss. This man rapped about more them family, he rapped about world wide unity."

He rapped about telling the youth to always dream. He rapped about fighting the same oppression as we see now today. And he told kids that reading is power. Still,"18 years down the road, what he rapped about fo
Posted by sorar3 3 years ago
sorar3
I gotta say, Love me is a horrible song, morally and lyrically.
Posted by BornToDebate 3 years ago
BornToDebate
Oh, I got you!
Posted by sorar3 3 years ago
sorar3
but I'm saying your right because Tupac is not superior to hopsin, for example. You are correct.
Posted by BornToDebate 3 years ago
BornToDebate
I'm con, not pro.
Posted by sorar3 3 years ago
sorar3
No one's going to join this debate, because you are RIGHT.