josealways123
Fallon16

Old age homes are necessary in modern world.

josealways123

josealways123

Pro

First round is for acceptance only...........
Fallon16

Con

Old people may need a home yes. but that does not mean that it is right to just stick them in a home with other instead of just taking care of them yourselves. old people aren't just old people, they're your family your doing this to! So i appose this in all ways.
with that being said let the debates begin.
josealways123

Pro

I support your statement that old people should be looked after their children.But let me ask you whether it is common in the modern world. The suitable or the most appropriate answer is "NO".Today it is a true fact that children would not care enough for their parents. I am against this uncaring of the children but if the children do so what will the parents do.Today it is being a common fact that the children are going away from their homes and the parents are alone in their homes. Is these old age homes better in this situation where these old people can meet others of their same age. These old age homes can also make the people happy and forget about the bad times that is when their children leave them. Also some parents may not have children. So here too there is a great importance for old age homes. These old age homes can provide much more protection to these old people than staying at home alone. Today in the modern society the number of children who care for their parents is becoming lower and lower and so the importance of old age homes is becoming important in our modern society.........

So hope that you understand about the benefits of these old age homes..............
Fallon16

Con

Many people have seemingly logical reason for leaving their old mothers, fathers and relatives in a home. They say that they lead busy lives, their careers expect them to travel and they come back very late at night. They don"t have time to take care of an old person"s needs and he will be better off somewhere where help will be constantly available. However, they don"t realise that their old parents will be more than happy to wait for them to come back, or live alone in their absence. The argument that there is no one to take care of them is not worthy enough to place the elderly in a home.
If you visit old age homes chances are that many of the residents will tell you about how they don"t like their lives there and want to go back. They will talk about their lives as youngsters and tell you about their children and their work. Ask them if their children come to visit and they will tell you stories of how busy they are and how much work they have. Ask them if they stay far away or in another city, chances are they don"t. Not only do some people put their parents in an old age home, they don"t bother to visit them regularly citing work and social pressure. They easily forget that their parents juggled careers and different kinds of pressures to bring them up and make them what they are today.
josealways123

Pro

Thanks for the argument. But you have misjudged about the topic. You are saying about what happens in an old age home. But the topic is whether old age homes are important in modern world. You have also given a point that supports mine. My opponent said that the parents are being forgotten away by the children and that the children are not willing to care of their parents and hence move away from them. This point is related to the point i have given in the previous round which supports the statement that these old age homes are very important. Please read my previous argument once more.

We know that when children leave their parents these parents would be alone in their homes. The staying of these old parents at home has greatly larger disadvantages. There would be only some protection for these old people since some has memory loss and some has problems in vision. So this would lead to many problems. Also they cannot fight a burglar if one enters into the homes. So we can see that there is no protection for these old people in their homes.

This is also the place where the old age homes come in. These old age homes provide much and more protection to these old people than that of their homes. This is because here in these old age homes there would be probably a large number of people who can depend on each other. There may be also volunteers here who care for this old people. Today the protection is doubled since most of these old age homes are run down by many religious communities. Thus old age homes are important in modern society.

As i have said earlier the love of these children towards their parents are decreasing. They wish to leave their parents as soon as possible. But i am not like that. So when they move away from parents they would leave them at home. Since there are old age homes these children leave their parents here since they provide more protection.

So hope that you understood this and would come with your arguments in the next round.........
Fallon16

Con

Old people may need a home, but that doesn't mean they need and OLD AGE home. there's people who can have assistants who come daily to help them out while still living in their own home. They don't need homes, they're just tricked into thinking they do so their kids can forget about them! As such it is obvious that old homes are just for those who have been tricked into going there. and once in you can never leave. Old age homes aren't necessary, they exist because kids don't want to hire a personal helper for their parents. I hope you can understand this and realize that old age homes are also a worse place for an old person than their own homes! and with that I end my argument.

PS: I know of an 89 year old woman, she does have a slight case of dementia but she's not in an old age home and doing fine on her own.
josealways123

Pro

You said that they can have helpers in their own homes. But let me ask my opponent whether these helpers are trustworthy. Today all the people of the world has a greed for money and they would do any cruel ways to obtain those money. If they are made the helpers of old people they can steal all the money they can without the noticing of the old people.

Near my house there occurred an incident that one of the helpers of an old family has stolen all the wealthy things.

Also there is a problem that these old people would not provide so much caring for the old people.

These things does not happen in old age homes. Thus we can say that the old age homes provide more protection than their homes.

My opponent said that the children are not willing to help their parents. This help is given to these old parents by old age homes. Today most of the old age homes are run by missionaries and also by many religions. Thus it is sure that these provide more love and care to these old people that is important for them.

Today most children are greedy. So they take away all the wealth of their parents. This makes the parents homeless or penniless. Now can they hire helpers. NO.. So here the old age homes seem to be important. What would these people do if there were no old age homes? They would have to beg at the sides of the roads. Would this provide more happiness than being at old age homes? Come with the answers of my questions. I believe that i have opposed all your points in this debate. Now it is my opponent's chance.

I am thanking my opponent for a wonderful debate.

Also please check out these sites that supports my point.

http://wiki.answers.com...
http://www.dnaindia.com...
http://www.studymode.com...
http://www.allfreeessays.com...

SO VOTE FOR PRO......
Fallon16

Con

Fallon16 forfeited this round.
Vote Placed by Matt_L 3 years ago
Matt_L
josealways123Fallon16Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Both sides had good arguments, but Con gave up the last round. Also Pro provided several sources while Con provided none.
Vote Placed by janetsanders733 3 years ago
janetsanders733
josealways123Fallon16Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Good job to both debaters. However, Pro gave better reasons as to why homes are necessary for the elderly, like the untrustworthyness of helpers due to greed. It was hard to choose, but I think Pro had more souces based on this debate, provided he gave links.
Vote Placed by KingDebater 3 years ago
KingDebater
josealways123Fallon16Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Although Pro had sources, they didn't back up arguments he had made previously, they just supported the resolution. However, I will give the sources point to Pro. Con did forfeit once, so conduct to Pro too. But, Pro used unnecessary punctuation (the ellipses), so the s/g point goes to Con.