Emilrose
CharlesGrey

On Balance, Brexit is Bad for the U.K

Emilrose has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

Emilrose

Pro

As Pro, I will be arguing that (on balance) the British vote to leave the European Union--otherwise known as 'Brexit'--will have decidedly more negative implications for the nation than positive.

My opponent will naturally have to argue that this isn't the case and negate the resolution.

Debate Structure:

-Round one is reserved for acceptance.

-Round two will be opening arguments.

-Round three will be rebuttals.

-Round four will be additional rebuttals, defence of arguments and closing statements.

-Character Limit is 10,000 per round.

-I will be selecting an opponent, so unless you're 100 years old with an outrageously huge number of completed debates: you can't accept automatically, and if you do it will result in an immediate forfeit for you.

The only other requirement for this debate is that my opponent have reasonable knowledge of the topic; in that they know what the European Union (E.U) is, and have an idea of what the stated Pros and Cons of the U.K leaving the European Union are. Comment if interested.
CharlesGrey

Con

Posted by Agingseeker 1 year ago
Agingseeker
Instigator really doesn't see the reaction that Britain had to Obama saying just what she says.
On balance I ( a non-Brit who doesn't have to live with any consequences) think that a Brit who votes for Brexit (who does live with the consequences) is wrong. Wrong has to do with consequences.

I really don't think it is any of my damn business. An Addendum; I think Obama forced Brexit by his snotty contemptible whining. and many Brit papers seem to see things that way.

Make a case if you must but let those who vote vote as they see fit not as YOU see fit.
Posted by Emilrose 1 year ago
Emilrose
Hm, I'll post my argument in round three if and when it updates.
Posted by Adam_Godzilla 1 year ago
Adam_Godzilla
If more rounds get forfeited, you might be interested in mine and Evisage's Brexit debate: http://www.debate.org...
Posted by harrytruman 1 year ago
harrytruman
I WANT TO ACCEPT!!
r
Posted by Emilrose 1 year ago
Emilrose
@yomama12, yeah I'm sure that's true for a few people...
Posted by Emilrose 1 year ago
Emilrose
Lol
Posted by Adam2isback 1 year ago
Adam2isback
Yawn
Posted by Adam2isback 1 year ago
Adam2isback
Yawn
Posted by Adam2isback 1 year ago
Adam2isback
Yawn
Posted by yomama12 1 year ago
yomama12
I only know about what the Brexit is from John Oliver XD