morrisnj
rtfg2

On balance, a Christian God or any other god(s) does not exist.

morrisnj

morrisnj

Con

First Round is acceptance.

I strongly disagree with the resolution as follows: On balance, a Christian God or any other god(s) do not exist.

Good luck to my pro.
rtfg2

Pro

God does exist and The Big Bang theory happened when there was only gravity what created the bang
morrisnj

Con

Well seeing as the pro has already lost the debate, I would like to provide some proof for the existence of a God. First let me establish a framework.

According to the Oxford English Dictionary

God (Christian and many other monotheistic Religions): The creator and ruler of the universe and source of all moral authority; the supreme being.

gods (Plural): A superhuman being or spirit worshiped as having power over nature or human fortunes; a deity

Exist: To have actual being; be

PROOF OF EXISTENCE OF GOD

The Complexity of the Universe as a Whole:

Take into account things like water's role as a sustainer of life, DNA, a baby, or even the human eye. When you delve into these topics it's clear to see that there is no conceivable way that this is all by chance or not ordained by a higher power. Take into consideration one of my examples DNA. "All instruction, all teaching, all training comes with intent. Someone who writes an instruction manual does so with purpose. Did you know that in every cell of our bodies there exists a very detailed instruction code, much like a miniature computer program?" (-everystudent.com). All evidence of this "programming" in our body points to the fact that a higher power has to have designed and put a "instruction manual" if you will into our body.
rtfg2

Pro

There is something in the christian bible saying that god also created the sun though I do disagree with this statement i will be using it for the purpose of the debate if you want proof of this here it is: http://www.keyway.ca...
morrisnj

Con

Again my opponent already relents to my position. I need not provide more proof as my opponent has already conceded to the existence of a God, Christian or otherwise.
rtfg2

Pro

My religion is unspecified though, I believe in god. I believe some articles of the bible and disagree with others content.
You don't have a good reason to say I have lost the argument myself.
morrisnj

Con

I do have a reason to say you have lost the debate and it is as follows. The contention was, On balance, a Christian God or any other god(s) does not exist. There is no specified religion stated, and we are arguing about the existence of God. We are not arguing about which God or god(s) do not exist, this debate is on whether or not God exists. You have lost the debate because on multiple occasions you have said, yourself, that God exists. So since you have refused to debate me on the existence of God you have forfeited the debate.
rtfg2

Pro

rtfg2 forfeited this round.
morrisnj

Con

morrisnj forfeited this round.
rtfg2

Pro

rtfg2 forfeited this round.
Posted by cheyennebodie 3 years ago
cheyennebodie
You have to have as much faith to believe there is no God than I have to believe He is there. Neither of us have peeked past our own deaths to verify our beliefs.You look at tiny changes in cells and conclude he is not there. I look at the complexity of l;ife and our great and complex eco-system and conclude there is no other logical explanstion .Someday we will both know the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.
Posted by morrisnj 3 years ago
morrisnj
Sorry on my 2nd round subsitute the following: Take into account things like water's role as a sustainer of life, DNA, a baby, or even the human eye. When you delve into these topics it's clear to see that there is no conceivable way that this is all by chance or (and) not ordained by a higher power
Posted by autodidact 3 years ago
autodidact
i would take this.
Posted by realsinghshady 3 years ago
realsinghshady
lol pro has already lost from the first round.... good luck!
Posted by dynamicduodebaters 3 years ago
dynamicduodebaters
PRO is so confused
Vote Placed by bladerunner060 3 years ago
bladerunner060
morrisnjrtfg2Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro did not necessarily lose the debate by posting more than mere acceptance in the first round. Certainly, it was of the nature of a conduct violation, and Pro also forfeited first. Pro's rounds didn't even really make sense. Con, by contrast, made a case. It was a very BAD case, but it was a case that Pro did not respond to in any meaningful sense, so the win goes to Con. As always, happy to clarify this RFD.