Longislandsounds
Jifpop09

On balance a communist government is beneficial to the people.

Jifpop09

Longislandsounds

Pro

Full Resolution

On balance, communism a superior political system.

BoP is shared - pro has to prove that capitalism is superior, while con has to prove that communism is superior.

Definitions

On Balance: "Taking everything into consideration; all in all."[1]

Communism: "A political and economic ideology based on communal ownership and the absence of class."[3]

Superior: "Of high quality; high or higher in quality."[4]

Rules

1. The first round is for acceptance.
2. A forfeit or concession is not allowed.
3. No semantics, trolling, or lawyering.
4. All arguments and sources must be visible inside this debate.
5. Debate resolution, definitions, rules, and structure cannot be changed without asking in the comments before you post your round 1 argument.

Debate resolution, definitions, rules, and structure cannot be changed in the middle of the debate.Voters, in the case of the breaking of any of these rules by either debater, all seven points in voting should be given to the other person.

Debate Structure

Round 1: Acceptance
Round 2: Presenting all arguments (no rebuttals by con)
Round 3: Refutation of opponent's arguments (no new arguments)
Round 4: Defending your original arguments and conclusion (no new arguments)
Jifpop09

Con

I accept your conditions.

I will be using this as a basis for defining communism.

http://www.diffen.com...

Communism and Socialism will not be confused. I will be of the assumption that the communist nation will be a one party state, as it has been the only attempted method. I do not agree with a shared burden of proof, as you are convincing the audience that communism is superior. Since you have presented communism with no changes, as superior to a capitalist democracy, I will assume you are debating communism at its base form. If you disagree with anything I'm saying, please PM me.
Longislandsounds

Pro

I agree with your terms.

I know that we are supposed to state facts in such debates like this but I will also include my own personal experiences of communism and living under communism which I have done it for 90% of my life.

Communism promotes equality with every human being and aims to defeat superiority complexes with and also defeats elitist elements in society.

Now you have requested that I do not use any examples of democratic communism which I believe is quite is an attempt to sabotage my argument. Communism does offer the chance of democracy and voting and is quite successful at it too. United States a ferociously capitalist government has a two-party system even though it claims to be a little bit more diverse it isn't and it will always be two parties that offer nothing but exploitation and unnecessary intervention in foreign states.

True communist states does not exploit workers and in fact completely destroys the class system rightfully. Capitalism by principal aims to exploit workers and the people so the 'superior' people at the top of the so-called pecking order financially benefit from this. This is common in states such as the United States, Brazil, India, Great Britain and various European nations.

Communism promotes fairness and equality which capitalism does not.

Everyone is entitled to health care, education, employment and housing for no or little cost. Does this work in capitalism? No, I do not think so.
Longislandsounds

Pro

Longislandsounds forfeited this round.
Jifpop09

Con

As per my opponents rules, I shall recieve all 7 points. I will exempt this rule if she wishes though.
Longislandsounds

Pro

Longislandsounds forfeited this round.
Jifpop09

Con

Alright, well all 7 points should be given to me as per rules.
Longislandsounds

Pro

Longislandsounds forfeited this round.
Jifpop09

Con

Shabam! Wabam! Conduct be damned!
Posted by Jifpop09 3 years ago
Jifpop09
I was only voted down for conduct in one debate, but I suffer from computer issues. They are not that severe,but constant freezing is problematic when writing a debate. Perhaps drop box?
Posted by Noumena 3 years ago
Noumena
Posting a doc instead of an in-round text argument is poor conduct.
Posted by Jifpop09 3 years ago
Jifpop09
Nope. Communism was developed later and definitely had some more extreme changes in in.
Posted by Gaurdian_Rock 3 years ago
Gaurdian_Rock
That source is very interesting, it says that communism is an extreme version of Socialism, as a follower of Marx myself, that's just not right. Since Marx is the one responsible for the ideology behind "Modern Socialism," is it in fact socialism that is a more conservative form of communism.
Posted by frankienstien 3 years ago
frankienstien
I think the Socialists are just plain greedy, and envious of the rich. Communists aren't born out of greed, though they might hate the rich just the same. In either system the economy will contain less money than that of a Capitalist society, and with less money comes a lower standard of living for all. However when everyone is equal, they don't realize how poor they are.
Posted by Jifpop09 3 years ago
Jifpop09
I also don't want to see any communist-democracy arguments. I think social-democracy is silly, but commie-democracy is outlandish.
Posted by Jifpop09 3 years ago
Jifpop09
I can get the socialists, but not the communists.
Posted by codemeister13 3 years ago
codemeister13
I look forward to this debate. I think it'll be quite interesting.
Vote Placed by Zarroette 2 years ago
Zarroette
LongislandsoundsJifpop09Tied
Reasons for voting decision: All 7 points to Con, as per Pro's rules.
Vote Placed by Swagmasterpoopoo 2 years ago
Swagmasterpoopoo
LongislandsoundsJifpop09Tied