purpleshawol
Forever23

On balance, standardized testing is beneficial to K-12 education in the United States.

Forever23

purpleshawol

Con

I dont know how to feel about this topic
Forever23

Pro

Hello ladies and gentlemen, my name is Forever 23 and I am here upon this platform to bring forth my premise which is that Standardized Testing is Beneficial to K-12 education in the United States.

My ensuing roadmap will include first, defining the debate, and then divulging 2 of my own points into the debate.

Standardized testing- A standardized test is any form of test that (1) requires all test takers to answer the same questions, or a selection of questions from common bank of questions, in the same way, and that (2) is scored in a "standard" or consistent manner, which makes it possible to compare the relative performance of individual. Beneficial- favorable or advantageous; resulting in good. Education- the process of receiving or giving systematic instruction, especially at a school or university. United States- The U.S. is a country of 50 states covering a vast swath of North America, with Alaska in the extreme Northwest and Hawaii extending the nation"s presence into the Pacific Ocean. Major cities include New York, a global finance and culture center, and Washington, DC, the capital, both on the Atlantic Coast; Los Angeles, famed for filmmaking, on the Pacific Coast; and the Midwestern metropolis Chicago.

I would now like to introduce my assertions.

My first assertion is that most countries with a high level of education have standardized testing. The countries that are top ranked in education, have standardized testing. Why? Because that helps them assess the students knowledge of a subject. If we continue standardized testing, we will be able to rise on the world wide ladder of education. China displaced Finland as number one in reading, math, and science when Shanghai debuted on the Program for International Student Assessment (PISA) rankings in 2009. Despite calls for a reduction in standardized testing, China's testing regimen remains firmly in place. Chester E. Finn, Jr., Chairman of the Hoover Institution's Koret Task Force on K"12 Education, predicts that Chinese cities will top the PISA charts for the next several decades. If China made such progresses, why cant we? What the USA wants, are brighter kids to shape our future. Standardized testing helps us find out on what level the students are. We cant teach kids what they already know or miss out on what they don't know.

My second assertion is that professionals believe that the testing is beneficial. Many professionals see the benefit of standardized testing. When they get the results, they are able to see what the students lacks and they are then able to help him work on it. The professionals have seen evidence of how standardized testing helped them better assess students knowledge. Minnesota teachers and administrators interviewed for a study in the Oct. 28, 2005, issue of the peer-reviewed Education Policy Analysis Archives (EPAA) approved of standardized tests "by an overwhelming two-to-one margin," saying they "improved student attitudes, engagement, and effort." This is very important because professionals know what they are doing. We should listen to those who know the education system inside out.

Thank you, please vote proposition
purpleshawol

Con

purpleshawol forfeited this round.
Forever23

Pro

Forever23 forfeited this round.
purpleshawol

Con

purpleshawol forfeited this round.
Forever23

Pro

Forever23 forfeited this round.
purpleshawol

Con

purpleshawol forfeited this round.
Forever23

Pro

Extend...
purpleshawol

Con

purpleshawol forfeited this round.
Forever23

Pro

Extended arguments

vote pro
Posted by WarDraco101 1 year ago
WarDraco101
HI Forever23, I am about to go to a debate tournament. I would like to go against you in a debate with the same topic. Please challenge me or accept my challenge if you would like to debate. Thanks,
WarDraco
Vote Placed by famousdebater 1 year ago
famousdebater
purpleshawolForever23Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro had less forfeitures.