mohammeddurkajihad
trendem

On balance, the rise of BRIC has had a positive impact on the United States

Con Tied Pro

mohammeddurkajihad

Con

On balance, the rise of BRIC has had a positive impact on the United States. Public Forum Rules. NOT the Public Forum topic.
Definitions:
"rise:" the single, current rise of BRIC
"BRIC:" Big Rabies-Infected Carnivores
"United States:" the S.S. United States, not the United States of America.
...
:-)
trendem

Pro

a) Biodiversity is crucial for sustaining ecosystems. Species depend on each other for nourishment and population control. The absence or reduction of one species can lessen the resilience of the ecosystem, destabilize it and lead to its elimination. For eg., the absence of tigers from a savannah ecosystem can lead to wildebeest, gazelle and zebra overpopulation, resulting in food depletion for these animals, which would result in mass death for them. I'm sure you can think of better examples.
(b) Rabies-infected animals contribute to biodiversity.
(c) Therefore, ravbies-infected animals contribute to preservation of ecosystems.
(d) More ecosystems is a good thing because apart from offering aesthetic enjoyment, they offer us things to analyze and learn from. Certain antibodies taken from an animal species might, for example, help in fighting a human disease such as cancer.

I assert that BRIC has had a positive impact on the USA.
mohammeddurkajihad

Con

I think I made this topic too one-sided. :-P

My opponent has not been arguing about the resolution. The S.S. United States is not the United States of America. Furthermore, my opponent has not provided any evidence as to why the rise has had a positive impact on the United States. My opponent's contentions were:

First, an ecosystem does not exist on the S.S. United States. Bacteria CANNOT infect each other. The humans who periodically tour and maintain the S.S. United States are not rabid. There are no rabid animals at sea. Therefore, there is no rabies on or near the S.S. United States. Fish, barnacles, and other sea creatures cannot become rabid.
therefore, my opponent's first contention is not even related to the topic.
Next, the global biodiversity has nothing to do with the biodiversity around the S.S. United States. Rabid animals and rabies do not exist around the S.S. United States. My opponent's second contention is not relevant to the topic.
Third, the rabies-infected ecosystems have nothing to do with the S.S. United States. My opponent's third contention is not relevant either.
Fourth, since there is no rabies around the S.S. United States, my opponent's fourth contention is completely irrelevant.
And for my opponent's final statement "I assert that BRIC had had a positive impact on the USA:"
The USA is not the S.S. United States. Therefore, my opponent is not arguing about the topic and I have won this round.
trendem

Pro

Admittedly, I didn't realize that you meant the STEAMSHIP, not the country.
Nevertheless, I pity you, because this debate is significantly tilted towards my side.

It is irrefutable that BRIC has had a positive impact on SS USA. If even a single BRIC animal ceased to exist, then there would be a black hole in the place where the BRIC animal had formerly been. This black hole would suck up the SS USA, along with the rest of the world, and destroy it (or do whatever black holes do with stuff). Thus, each BRIC that comes into existence, while it continues to exist, has a positive impact on SS USA, by keeping it intact.

It is said that the flutterings of a butterfly in Zimbabwe can cause a hurricane in Washington. Likewise, AT LEAST one of the movements of a BRIC animal must have stirred such a wind current, which tracing its path across America's landscape, brushed some dust and harmful bacteria off the SS USA. Thus, there exists a BRIC animal that most likely has had *a positive impact on the SS USA.

The resolution is affirmed.
*Note: BRIC animals might also have many negative impacts on the SS USA, but that is irrelevant. To affirm the resolution, I need to demonstrate only a single positive impact.
mohammeddurkajihad

Con

First of all, the spontaneous disappearance of a BRIC would not lead to the creation of something large and massive, like a black hole. due to The Law of Conservation of Matter, the only thing which could happen would be the appearance of something with the same number of quarks in it as the original BRIC itself. My opponent's first point from the previous round is false.

Next, my opponent tries to use the Chaos Theory in order to prove that the movements of BRIC have had a positive impact on the SS USA. There are two things wrong with this piece of evidence. First, the SS USA does not exist. The non-existent SS USA is not the existent SS United States, so my opponent has not been arguing about the topic. Second, since the Chaos Theory cannot be proven, my opponent is using non-existent evidence which can prove no points. to quote my opponent, "AT LEAST one of the movements of a BRIC animal MUST have stirred such a wind current..." - the must which i capitalized is speculation. There is no proof. Continuing the quotation, "... there exists a BRIC animal that MOST LIKELY has had..." - most likely means not sure. My opponent is unsure of this movement of a BRIC animal which has had a positive impact on the SS United States. My opponent cannot prove the Chaos Theory the same way he cannot prove that a BRIC has had a positive impact on the SS United States. Therefore, my opponent's second argument is false.

Now, since there is no evidence that a BRIC animal has had a positive impact on the SS United States, there is no way to prove the pro side of the topic.

The ONLY evidence for the Con side is the above statement; since there is no evidence, there never was a positive impact. Since there never was a positive impact, the resolution is negated.

Please vote Con.
trendem

Pro

The cogency of your arguments has so affected me that my urge to praise you strives against the necessity for a rebuttal. Thank you for a fun debate.

Rebuttals:
Law of Conservation of Energy: The law is still incapable of explaining very important parts of our universe... such as its beginning and its possible end. The Universe's beginning would have created something from nothing... thus contradicting the Law. The "spontaneous disappearance" of the BRIC, by definition, resides in this realm of inexplicable phenomenon, and thus transcends the Law.

Chaos theory: First, it was patently clear that by "SS USA", I meant "SS US". Second, the fact that the movement of a BRIC animal will positively impact the SS US can be proven beyond all doubt. All the wind-systems of the world are connected. The advance of a wind in one section causes, without fail, the retreat of a wind in another sector. This wind-chain is forever unbroken, and using it, we can link any 2 non-enclosed parts of the world. Such a wind-chain also exists between the BRIC animal and the SS US. Therefore, it is highly likely that at one time or the other, a BRIC animal causes a wind that dusts the deck of the SS US.

Con criticized my use of the words "most likely". All things in the world, even those "proven" by the scientific community, exist only in probabilities. Nothing is 100% sure; even when we say something is "beyond doubt", we only mean it is highly likely. This is because all arguments rest on assumptions; attack the assumptions, and you cast doubt.

I affirm that it is "highly likely" that BRIC animals, by one way or another, have a positive impact on the SS US, and urge you to vote PRO.
Posted by mohammeddurkajihad 8 years ago
mohammeddurkajihad
please leave a comment when you vote.
mohammeddurkajihad
someone... I type faster than I think.
mohammeddurkajihad
wow! omeosne accepted this challenge! I cannot believe it. This was supposed to be a joke. I will post my arguments soon.
Vote Placed by Epicurus 8 years ago
Epicurus
mohammeddurkajihadtrendemTied
Vote Placed by trendem 8 years ago
trendem
mohammeddurkajihadtrendemTied
Vote Placed by AspectofBane 8 years ago
AspectofBane
mohammeddurkajihadtrendemTied
Vote Placed by EmyG 8 years ago
EmyG
mohammeddurkajihadtrendemTied