Stupidwalrus
baseballkid

On balance, the rise of China is beneficial to the interests of the United States.

Stupidwalrus

Con

Resolved: On balance, the rise of China is beneficial to the interests of the United States.

Yes, I am initiating this debate as con. Deal with it. Burden is shared.

Pro has the option of treating round 1 as acceptance or posting arguments and forfeiting round 5.

Rules:

Definitions/RA/Framework is open.
No plan advocacy.
No semantics/lawyering/etc.
Don't forfeit yo.
No new arguments can be made in the final round in which you argue.
Voters may decide whether they believe drops should be concessions.

I set this debate so it can only be accepted by someone ranked as good or better than me (which isn't hard, lol). If you can't accept, post in comments.
baseballkid

Pro

I will let the con go first. Good luck and lets have a good debate.
Stupidwalrus

Con

Apologies, but I won't be able to do this debate because of a sudden, extremely hectic debate schedule. I have to prepare for numerous tournaments which we were not planning on attending previously, and don't have time to finish this (or do much anything else).

Vote pro.
baseballkid

Pro

I am a sad panda. Vote pro.
Stupidwalrus

Con

Stupidwalrus forfeited this round.
baseballkid

Pro

I am a really sad panda.
Stupidwalrus

Con

Stupidwalrus forfeited this round.
baseballkid

Pro

I just want to say. I must win so turtles can live. VOTE PANCAKES.
Posted by zytyxx 4 years ago
zytyxx
This debate is looking interesting! I am doing PuFo as well, and found this debate when looking for sources. Good luck on this debate and your tournaments.
Posted by baseballkid 4 years ago
baseballkid
I am doing this PF topic as well and it will be good practice for the tounamnets coming up.
Posted by Strangeways 4 years ago
Strangeways
I'd happily debate this with you but it would/will be my first debate on this site. I am a student of Politics and International relations if that makes any difference.
Posted by Stupidwalrus 4 years ago
Stupidwalrus
If it's still open when you're ready, just let me know when.
Posted by Subutai 4 years ago
Subutai
I'm potentially interested in this debate, but at a later time.

Also, I am the new account of Ron-Paul (ask Airmax). I had ~71 debates, ~54 wins, ~99.52 percentile, ~4220 ELO.
Posted by Deadlykris 4 years ago
Deadlykris
I see. And likewise, with the burden of proof solely on the opponent, you don't really have to argue your own position, just refute your opponent's - which is also less worthwhile for practicing.
Posted by Stupidwalrus 4 years ago
Stupidwalrus
Yo, Ohio. You're an idiot.

I said I didn't want to debate "solely" on whether or not my contentions are right. I use this site as practice for debate. Never (not a single time, ever) in public forum debate will your opponents fail to bring up their own arguments. If I do a debate, put the burden on myself, and my opponent focuses only on negating my arguments, then it's a waste of my time and grants me almost no prep.

I don't mind placing burden of proof on myself as long as my opponent guarantees that they will bring up arguments of their own.

As I said before, "you're an idiot."
Posted by OhioGary 4 years ago
OhioGary
If you don't think your contentions are valid, then you are essentially having a debate but not thinking that you're right. As I said before, Pfft.
Posted by anonynomous 4 years ago
anonynomous
I feel the same way, im assuming as con your probably going to run some hegemony arguement and somthing along the lines of outsourcing. BTW if you want i would be happy to debate january with you.
Posted by Stupidwalrus 4 years ago
Stupidwalrus
Correct. I'll be using an alternative case, though, because I'm not comfortable with my real one being online.