rndxpert
Voxol

On campus residency in the university is beneficial for learners. What do you think?

Voxol

rndxpert

Pro

Voxol

Con

It really makes no difference either way you will need to live close to the school
rndxpert

Pro

Thank you for accepting and allow me to open this debate"s round with my stand.
Education has a vital role in our lives. Therefore quality and quantity always in discussion.
There are large number of institutions who provide education services and helping our society to grow.
Is it commonly seen that accommodation is one of the main concern for these institutions because of our modern life style and behavior change. Some students don"t want to live inside the campus even they know the benefits. Study shown that, student who live inside the campus do well, like, they keep connected with each other, share more learning, didn't find difficulty when any problem comes as they have other mates who help and certainly food and lifestyle.
Harvard has chosen this model and implemented on a big level. They sent about $billion on their on campus residence because they find it beneficial for their students. They create some food menu to gather all the students in same time, this added a value for their students as they meet, talk with other students and ultimately expending their social and academic contacts.
On the other hand, living outside the campus may affect the student learning. For instance, he or she may connect with bad group and they may trapped by bad habits. Moreover, wasting time with outsiders can affect their study and as a result they may lose their goals.
Thus it is clear that living inside the campus of the university is beneficial.
Voxol

Con

My point here is that it does not matter whether or not you live on or off campus. In order to attend a certain college, you will need to live within a certain radius of the school. As for your studies, I'd like to see a link. You say that living on campus will allow students to "keep connected" and "share more learning". My question is: Why can't you have these things even if you live, perhaps, a half mile away? In this day and age, students do not need to meet physically to share knowledge or keep connected. You also say that living off campus will put you in contact with bad groups, but won't you come into contact with these "bad groups" even if you did live on campus? Like I said before, I'd like to see some evidence in the form of studies with links, thanks.
rndxpert

Pro

rndxpert forfeited this round.
Voxol

Con

Pro has failed to refute my points
Posted by Pfalcon1318 2 years ago
Pfalcon1318
I think you need to present an argument...
Vote Placed by lannan13 2 years ago
lannan13
rndxpertVoxolTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture