Micheal.lynch101
THElittleRISK

On moral and sustainabilty groungs as te population increases we need to start to converting tom ve

Micheal.lynch101

Pro

hope you take me upon the challenge,
THElittleRISK

Con

I accept your challenge.
Micheal.lynch101

Pro

its obvious that the mass of civilisation is divorded from the morals of Killing. We buy our bacon, steaks,chicken breasts and mince neatly packaged from the foos store. We dont even know its animals killed inside these neat little packages, in the sense that we dont ever have to contemplate the deadly suffering our purchasing actions are causing. Can you imagine how different it would be to walk into a store and pick out a steer or cow and ask for the runp of that animal to be cut off and packaged for you ? The move along to the chickens and point again to some shickens and describe what parts you want to eat ? Round 90% of the food we grow is fed to animals so we can eat them, If killing animals in wealthy western countries was out lawed then we could feed 90% more people or solve world hunger.
THElittleRISK

Con

Firstly, I would like to argue that eating animals is not immoral. Humans were not meant to be vegetarian, as seen in the fact that we posses canine teeth which are meant to help us consume flesh easier. Also, there are organizations such as the American Humane Association and the Humane Farm Animal Care which see to it that farms they sponsor conduct safe farming/livestock practices. With organizations such as these, it is likely that the animals face a kinder end than they would in the wild to predators.

Now from a health perspective. Without meat, humans can also suffer from protein deficiencies. In fact, a British study involving nearly 8,000 subjects showed that that children born to vegetarian mothers are up to five times more likely to be born with deformities and other birth defects. The scientist leading the research stated "there is a clear association between child deformities and vegetarianism, and this is a cause for concern." (1)

Lastly, I could find no studies or scientific evidence that stated that ceasing to eat animals in "wealthy western countries" would lead to the end of world hunger.

1: http://www.consumerfreedom.com...
Micheal.lynch101

Pro

Micheal.lynch101 forfeited this round.
THElittleRISK

Con

As my opponent has forfeited this round which is the last one, I feel it would be unfair for me to present a new argument he would be unable to reply to. I would really appreciate any feedback anyone could give me, as this was my first debate.
Vote con!
Posted by TheDarkMuffin 3 years ago
TheDarkMuffin
Man, this was way more interesting when I thought he was cursing us with ancient witchcraft.
Posted by THElittleRISK 3 years ago
THElittleRISK
As this is my first debate, I would appreciate any sort of feedback the more seasoned members of this site could give me.
Posted by Micheal.lynch101 3 years ago
Micheal.lynch101
my appologies, im using an old laptop , keys are sticky and im watching YV while typing, Ill take a lot more care,

Answer to the question was TO VEGETARIOAN (TOM VE)
Posted by TheElderScroll 3 years ago
TheElderScroll
Latin verses? what's "tom ve?"
Posted by tatrafan77 3 years ago
tatrafan77
please spell that correctly and use good grammar so people can understand the topic
Posted by TheDarkMuffin 3 years ago
TheDarkMuffin
DDO has debaters of many languages. You may want to use your native one.