Once Wenger retires/leaves, Arsenal will be able to attract any manager in the world

Started: 9/21/2015 Category: Sports

When Arsene Wenger leaves/retires, we will be able to attract any manager in the world.

I accept,

I believe my opponent has overestimated Arsenal F.C and is basing his estimation on an overinflated opinion of Arsenal as if it is the best football team on the planet, It is obvious that there are much better teams than Arsenal, This can be proven by showing how much success that teams such as Barcelona or Real Madrid have achieved, Arsenal have not won any major trophies in years, They haven't won the premier league since 2003 and haven't ever won the Champion league, Arsenal are a mediocre team and not every single manager in the world will be quick to jump in to fix them, espically managers who already have the task of managing bigger and better teams.

My opponent has the task of proving that once Arsene Wenger retires that any and every manager in the world will want to be the new manager, My contention is that some managers who are already managers of better teams will not reduce their status by taking on a much less successful team such as Arsenal.

Johaer forfeited this round.

Extend all arguments

Arsenal last won the BPL in 2004, any have consistently reached the knockout stage in the UEFA Champions League. A new manager will be interested in this type of team because there is a lot of room for improvement. A manager would want to join a team like this because it'll make the club, players, and manager look good once they succeed. Succeeding will be inevitable with the amount of resources the club has. Arsenal are financially strong, so there is no problem to bring in players with ambition. The club itself is in one of the most competitive, maybe even the most competitive, leagues in the world. They are also based in London, a city with rivalries, fans, just a pure football city. The club also plays in one of the most prestigious stadiums in the world, which can hold over 60,000 people. They need an amount like 60,000 because Arsenal have one of the largest and most loyal fan bases in the world. There are fans all over the world.
A manager would clearly want to join a team like Arsenal, with all the resources the club has. A manager like Pep Guardiola would want to join Arsenal because he is ambitious to bring Arsenal to the next level.

My opponent makes a very flattering case for how good he thinks Arsenal football club are, but offers very little in way of argument to uphold his resolution, Which is
Once Arsene Wenger retires/leaves, Arsenal will be able to attract any manager in the world,

I believe my opponent fails to recognise that gravity of his staement and how difficult it is to fulfill such a bold claim, My opponent has failed to take in a great many factors, Such as

1; Managers who simply don't want to live and manage a team in England

Andre Vilas Boas who was manager of Chelasea and Tottenham hotspur for brief spells, has claimed he will never manage another club in England again.

Andre Villas-Boas: I’ll never manage in England again after Chelsea and Spurs sackings

2: Fear of flying

Dennis Bergamp who is an assistant manager at Ajax F.C and is also an iconic figure in Arsenals footbal history and would be a fan favorite who is tipped to fulfill the post left by Arsene Wenger, Has brazenly stated, He will never manage Arsenal due to his fear of flying.

In terms of flying, I've seen and done it all and I'm simply not flying again. Ever.' Dennis Bergamp

The belief that any mananger would want to jump at the chance to manage Arsenal is unsubstantited, And I have given statements by two Managers, one who has plainly stated He will not manage another English premiership side again and another who has also clearly stated he won't take the job due to his fear of flying.

The reolution has been negated.

Johaer forfeited this round.

"I would rather not be a king than to forfeit my liberty."

~ Phaedrus

Vote Con
Posted by johnlubba 1 year ago
Make it three rounds and I will accept
Vote Placed by bsh1 1 year ago
Reasons for voting decision: Pro forfeits, drops Con's rebuttals, and fails to adequately explain how their team would attract "any" manager in the world.