uniqueusername
Romanii

One Piece is a better anime than Naruto

uniqueusername

Con

Go ahead.
Romanii

Pro

Okay, I guess I have the Burden of Proof in this debate, so I'll present my argument first (3 hour argument time limit!? Why!? I have other things to do today!)

First of all, I would like to say that I have watched both series and really like both of them, whereas it appears that you have only watched Naruto and maybe 3 episodes of One Piece. This makes it a bit harder to have a fair debate...

Nonetheless, let's say that there are 4 major criteria for judging an anime on:

1) Character Design
This point definitely goes to One Piece. I agree that Naruto has some pretty cool looking people in it, but ALL THE BOYS HAVE SPIKY HAIR!!!! One Piece characters are WAY more varied in design.
Look at a picture of the Straw Hat Pirates. Then look at a picture of the Konoha 11.
Look at a picture of the 7 Warlords. Then look at a picture of Akatsuki.
Look at a picture of the 3 Admirals. Then look at a picture of the 3 Legendary Sennin.
If asked which group of characters looks more interesting, someone who has never watched either show before will always choose the One Piece characters group (except for maybe the Admirals-Sennin comparison).

2) Character Development
Ask anyone who has watched both shows. They will tell you that One Piece's character development is much much MUCH better than Naruto's. In One Piece you get emotionally attached to every one of the Straw Hats, as well as all the people they befriend along the way, and even some of the villains. In Naruto, you get attached to some of the main characters (e.g. Naruto, Kakashi, Jiraya, Itachi), but everyone else is sort of just there. I mean, just look at Sasuke, one of the main characters. Barely any of the viewers even like him anymore, even though Naruto himself wants him back more than anything else. That is not a good sign of character development.

3) Plot
This is a bit harder to decide. Naruto has two giant sagas throughout the series (against Orochimaru, and against Akatsuki). Meanwhile, One Piece has several smaller sagas (East Blue, Baroque Works, Skypeia, CP9, Paramount War, Pirate Alliance). In my opinion, every saga in both series is equally awesome, with similar methods of building suspense, excitement, and emotion.
The only thing that I think gives One Piece an edge over Naruto here is that almost half of Naruto is FILLERS that no one really cares about.

4) Fighting Mechanisms
Let's face it. Everyone in Naruto has basically the same powers, with each character having only one or two special moves unique to them. Naruto himself (the character) is the only exception, having wide arsenal of powers.
Meanwhile in One Piece, NONE of the main characters share any of the same powers. Everyone has totally different powers and fighting styles, making battles much more interesting than the ones in Naruto. This is why I think that One Piece has better fighting mechanisms than Naruto.

If you feel that I have left out important criteria, then please inform me. However, I do not consider music important at all, as that is entirely opinion based.

Thank you for challenging me to this debate.
I look forward to your next argument.
uniqueusername

Con

Idk where you got the idea I haven't seen One piece. I understand One Piece's crack-headed fighting mechanisms better than I do the spiritual pressure system of Bleach (of course I understand the Chakra system more than those two since it's undoubtedly the supreme system of fantasy fighting power).

For this round, I'll ignore the poitns Pro raised and simply come up wiht my own, I'll deal with rebuttals later.7

Gross Profit 2013

One Piece isn't even in the top 5. Naruto is the top (Naruto Shippuuden is just he enw Naruto, it stilll counts as the same series): [http://www.crunchyroll.co.uk...]

One Piece is literally way uglier than Naruto

This comes down to taste but it's widely reknowned in the anihem community that Naruto is one of the most visually appealing animes (bleach being the top) whilst One Piece is one of the least.

Here are the straw hat pirates you speak of:

Here is the Konoha 11 you compared them to, visually:

Overall, the entire symmetry, precision of jaelines and breasts, as well as faciel features, of the characters (let alone the outfits) are far more intensified nad superior in the Naruto group than the Onbe Piece group you compared them too.

Storyline

SPOILERS ALERT
One Piece has good guys and bad guys. That is it.

Naruto has a series of people that consistently either change alignment or are revealed in epic twists to have been good/bad guys all along (such as Itachi from bad-good and Kabuto/Sasuke from good-bad then you hav echaracters like Madara Uchiha who seem pure evil but then you realise their brother Obito is actually the bad guy, when he was always made to appear like the good brother).

Character Intensity

You have people like Sai who respresent those suffering from Asperger's Syndrome; socially awkward geniuses.
You have people like Sasuke and Gaara who represent near-suicidal teens both of whom got to this stage for entirely different reasons and both with hugely different temperaments and moral codes.

You have characters like Itachi, Madara, Nagato and Deidara who all seem severely evil at first but then you begin to understand them.

You have characters like Sakura, Ino, Tsunade all of whom either have bipolar disorder or suffer from some severe emotional swings that they hav eto cope with on a regular basis.

You have lazy geniuses (Shikamaru), fat heroes (Choji), skinny heroes (Tenten), sociopathic heroes (Neji), Insane/brutal Heroes (Rock Lee), split-personality heroes (Naruto), narcissistic heroes (Sasuke), Histrionic heroes (Ino) and a whole bunch of other guys suffering from severe psychilogical disorders.

The villains vary just as much as the heroes in their internal conflicts and varied psychological disorders.

You have orphans by birth, orphans by chilhood, sibling rivalries beyond your wildest dreams and many other fantastic character conflicts that simply are not present in One Piece.

TIME RAN OUT SORRY!
Romanii

Pro

"Idk where you got the idea I haven't seen One piece. I understand One Piece's crack-headed fighting mechanisms".
Well, just understanding their "fighting mechanisms" doesn't mean you have watched the series from beginning to end.

Now I will go ahead and give a rebuttal to each of your arguments.

Gross Profit 2013
Who cares about gross profit!? Differences in gross profit are caused by the decisions of an anime's management team and marketing strategies. The quality of the anime really doesn't have anything to do with its economics. It is better to concentrate on which anime has shown to be most popular with the views. From the same site you referenced, I obtained a popularity poll that revealed much different results than you did (http://www.crunchyroll.com...)
According to this survey, Naruto is 1, One Piece is 3, and Bleach is 5.
Keep in mind that the reason Naruto has more viewers than One Piece is because Naruto is much more well-distributed and marketed in USA, whereas One Piece is mostly only in Japan. It has nothing to do with the quality of the shows.

You have found a totally invalid picture of the Straw Hat pirates. That is not their standard clothing as shown in the regular anime. I feel that you have chosen such a picture on purpose to fool the readers. This link is a far better source for pictures of the Straw Hats: (http://onepiece.wikia.com...)

Story Line
You act as if One Piece never has any plot twists. To name a few major ones:
1) Nami betraying the crew
2) Robin betraying the crew
3) Rob Lucci the shipwright turning out to be a CP9 guy
4) The entire Straw Hat crew getting defeated by Kuma who actually turned out to be protecting them
5) ACE DYING :(

Character Intensity
EVERY ONE of the major characters in One Piece has an intense back story. And EVERY ONE of them has their quirks that make them who they are. Ask anyone who has watched the series.
You can only claim that these elements of character development aren't present in One Piece because you haven't watched past the first 10 episodes.

Curse you and your 3 hour time limit
>.<
uniqueusername

Con

Character Design

One Piece quality (trust me these guys are hardly ugly relative to the show, I'm begin fair to my opponent here choosingthe ebs to fhte ugly lot):

Source: http://onepiece.wikia.com...

Source: http://onepiece.wikia.com...

Source: http://onepiece.wikia.com...

The video I posted says it all.

If you still need help to understand the gap in visuals observe this:

Naruto quality visuals:

Much better.

Storyline

Naruto has more twists than inception
1) Itachi was forced to kill the Uchiha Clan.
2) Itachi wasn't doing it with Madara's help; Madara was beign impersonated by Obito.
3) The Akatsuki wasn't led by Pein, Pein was a puppet of Nagato
4) The Akatsuki wasn't led by Nagato, Nagato was manipulated by Tobi
5) Tobi is Obito

Every bad guy is esseintailly linked ot Obito. This is f*cking epic. They are all linked so intensely that One Piece cannot compete: http://www.gamefaqs.com...;

One Piece has baby twists.

No internal conflicts, no variety nothing.

AS FOR THE ATTACKS: every character in Naruto, aside from Rock Lee, does 3 or 4 of these Jutsu forms: http://naruto.wikia.com... can do unique kinds of them.
Romanii

Pro

Hey, can we both forfeit this debate? There are 3 rounds left, and even if we were to write our arguments one after the other it would take a good two hours. I have homework to do.
If you challenge me to a new debate with an argument time limit of at least 48 hours, I'll accept it.
Thanks!
uniqueusername

Con

uniqueusername forfeited this round.
Romanii

Pro

Romanii forfeited this round.
uniqueusername

Con

uniqueusername forfeited this round.
Romanii

Pro

Thank you for listening to my request.
I still want to debate this though, so I would definitely accept if you were to challenge me to another debate with a longer argument time limit.
Thanks!
Posted by negan 3 years ago
negan
I never thought id see the day when balls were grown to debate this topic. GO ONE PIECE!!!
Posted by Romanii 3 years ago
Romanii
By the way, you video was a piece of crap. You seriously couldn't find one better than this?
Posted by uniqueusername 3 years ago
uniqueusername
you will get conduct and spelling and grammar.

I will get arguments and sources.
Posted by Romanii 3 years ago
Romanii
Honestly, if anyone gives you conduct points in the voting period, I'm going report them.
Posted by uniqueusername 3 years ago
uniqueusername
best of luck noob, hope you lose gracefully!
Posted by Romanii 3 years ago
Romanii
I don't know... you tell me...
I guess this debate is definitely gonna be over by the end of today...
Posted by uniqueusername 3 years ago
uniqueusername
SORRY FOR TYPOS HAD TO RUSH IT. WHY DID I MAKE lT 3 HOURS?