NarcissisticOverthinker
Romanii

One Piece is a superior Anime to Naruto (Mangas excluded)

Romanii

NarcissisticOverthinker

Con

I leave it up to Pro to begin.

BoP is primarily on Pro for obvious reasons.
Romanii

Pro

Thank you for challenging me to this debate.
I am a huge fan of both One Piece and Naruto, but I believe that One Piece is the slightly better anime.

Let's say that there are 4 major criteria for judging an anime on:

1) Character Design
This point definitely goes to One Piece. I agree that Naruto has some pretty cool looking people in it, but ALL THE BOYS HAVE SPIKY HAIR!!!! One Piece characters are WAY more varied in design.
Look at a picture of the Straw Hat Pirates. Then look at a picture of the Konoha 11.
Look at a picture of the 7 Warlords. Then look at a picture of Akatsuki.
Look at a picture of the 3 Admirals. Then look at a picture of the 3 Legendary Sennin.
If asked which group of characters looks more interesting, someone who has never watched either show before will always choose the One Piece characters group (except for maybe the Admirals-Sennin comparison).

2) Character Development
Ask anyone who has watched both shows. They will tell you that One Piece's character development is much much MUCH better than Naruto's. In One Piece you get emotionally attached to every one of the Straw Hats, as well as all the people they befriend along the way, and even some of the villains. In Naruto, you get attached to some of the main characters (e.g. Naruto, Kakashi, Jiraya, Itachi), but everyone else is sort of just there. I mean, just look at Sasuke, one of the main characters. Barely any of the viewers even like him anymore, even though Naruto himself wants him back more than anything else. That is not a good sign of character development.

3) Plot
This is a bit harder to decide. In my opinion, both of them have equally awesome plots, with similar methods of building suspense, excitement, and emotion.
The only thing that I think gives One Piece an edge over Naruto here is that almost half of Naruto is FILLERS that no one really cares about.

4) Fighting Mechanisms
Let's face it. Everyone in Naruto has basically the same powers, with each character having only one or two special moves unique to them. Naruto (the character) is the only exception to this pattern, having wide arsenal of unique powers.
Meanwhile in One Piece, NONE of the main characters share any of the same powers. Everyone has totally different powers and fighting styles, making battles much more interesting than the ones in Naruto. This is why I think that One Piece has better fighting mechanisms than Naruto.

Notice that I do not consider music a criteria because it is 100% opinion based and is cannot be debated.

Again, thank you for the debate challenge.
I look forward to your arguments.
NarcissisticOverthinker

Con

]
Since Pro holds the primary burden of proof if I simply negate every point Pro makes, I can win this debate.

Rebuttal 1: Character Design

Pro: I agree that Naruto has some pretty cool looking people in it, but ALL THE BOYS HAVE SPIKY HAIR!!!

Reply 1:
If you agree that Naruto has cool people in it then, if all the boys have spiky hair, why is this an issue? Do you have a particular prejudice against spiky hair? Is spiky hair somehow a fallacy of art? Is there any single point that you can raise that would justify spiky hair being an inferior hair style for an Anime to have?

Reply 2: Your claim that all the boys in Naruto could never be correct, ever.

Let's look at some 'boys' from Naruto and see if they have spiky hair.

Itachi Uchiha
Child -> Adult

Sai
Child -> Teen/Adult

Neji Hyuga
Child -> Teen/Adult

Deidara (no images of childhood)
Pre-Akatsuki -> Akatsuki style

Udon
Childhood -> Early Adolescence

Haku (trust me this isn't a female)
Child -> Early Adolescence

Orochimaru
Prepubescent -> Adult

Kabuto Yakushi
Child - Adult

Hashirama Senju
Child -> Adult

This is just the tip of the iceberg of non-spiky characters (the entire team Guy consists of non-spiky males and one female).

Pro: If asked which group of characters looks more interesting, someone who has never watched either show before will always choose the One Piece characters group.

Reply: Is this based on your view while half-stoned or on an actual survey you have found? Is there a single piece of evidence to support this claim?

Until you find evidence of this I will just let you shut up and take it back.

THE HERO OF NARUTO VS THE HERO OF ONE PIECE (GRAPHICALLY) (both post-time-skip to make it fair)
Blond, attractive chap with perfect bodily proportions vs skinny arms and legs with overly ripped torso whilst looking as tall as a mushroom.

The Big Boy of Naruto vs the Big Boy of One Piece
Amazing god-like butterfly fatty boom boom vs ugly piece of crap with way too much hair on his body.

Rebuttal 2: Character Development

Pro: Ask anyone who has watched both shows. They will tell you that One Piece's character development is much much MUCH better than Naruto's.

Reply 1:
I've watched both; I say Naruto's character development is far superior to One Piece's. Oh wow, I count as 'anyone' I win, you lose.

Reply 2:

And I want it now!

Pro: In One Piece you get emotionally attached to every one of the Straw Hats, as well as all the people they befriend along the way, and even some of the villains.

Reply:
Yeah... No... Not really...

Pro: In Naruto, you get attached to some of the main characters (e.g. Naruto, Kakashi, JirayaIT'S SPELT JIRAIYA, Itachi), but everyone else is sort of just there.

Reply:
You are either a sociopath or you haven't watched Naruto! Every character is amazing and has their own story!

Rebuttal 3: Plot

Pro: The only thing that I think gives One Piece an edge over Naruto here is that almost half of Naruto is FILLERS that no one really cares about.
Reply: ONE PIECE DOESN'T HAVE FILLERS? AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

According to the fan-made wikia there are 81 filler episodes: http://onepiece.wikia.com...
According to an unbiased Anime Forum there's over 100: http://myanimelist.net...

Rebuttal 4: Fighting Mechanisms

Pro: Everyone in Naruto has basically the same powers.
Reply 1:

Reply 2: Alright, let's see just how many fighting mechanisms there are in Naruto (which not all characters do the same ones of, believe it or not).

Eyes (Dojutsu) [http://naruto.wikia.com...]
Rinnegan, Byakugan, Sharingan

Core Forms of Jutsu
Genjutsu, Taijutsu, and Ninjutsu

Superpowered sh*t that all Naruto fans must know about
Susanoo, Sage Mode, Summoning: Impure World Reincarnation, Rasengan, Amaterasu, Six Paths of Pain, Outer Path: Samsara of Heavenly Life Technique and finally Tsukuyomi

In fact why don't you just look through the thousands that there are right here?: http://naruto.wikia.com...
Romanii

Pro

Thank you for your argument.
I see that you have chosen to be as condescending as possible.

I will now proceed to take down each and every one of your rebuttals.

CHARACTER DESIGN:

I'm not saying that having spiky hair is bad, but most of the males characters in Naruto have the exact same hairstyle, and that makes for a much less varied character design than One Piece.
You have provided several pictures of men with non-spiky hair. Now allow me to provide pictures showing that the OVERWHELMING MAJORITY of male Naruto characters have spiky hair:

4th Hokage

Hatake Kakashi

Uchiha Madara

Uzumaki Naruto

Uchiha Obito

Pain

Uchiha Sasuke

2nd Hokage

In reply to my argument about comparing groups of characters, you asked for proof. Now that I have figured out how to insert pictures into an argument, I can actually show what I'm talking about:

Here are the Konoha 11:

Here are the Straw Hat Pirates:

Here is Akatsuki (I couldn't get a bigger picture. Look it up yourself for a better one)

Here are the Shichibukai (I couldn't find a group pic, so I'm putting them individually)

Here are the 3 Legendary Sennin:

Here are the 3 Admirals

I apologize for how shabbily put together these pictures are, and how most of the One Piece pictures are conveniently bigger than the Naruto pictures. I was not trying to do that on purpose; I got all of these off of Google Images, and I really did try to choose the best pictures from both animes.

Next you posted a picture of Naruto and a picture of Luffy (with an extremely biased description of their appearances). Honestly, I don't see one looking a whole lot better than the other, and I think it would be almost completely opinion based as to which individual's character design is better.

Then you compared the "big boys" of both animes to eachother but you didn't even use the correct "big boy" for One Piece. The big boy of One Piece is Whitebeard (before he died)

(the photo is kind of small, but if you watch a few episodes of this guy in action, he is MUCH MUCH more "God-like" than Chouji)

CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT

Reply 1: "I've watched both; I say Naruto's character development is far superior to One Piece's. Oh wow, I count as 'anyone' I win, you lose."
Obviously you haven't watched enough of One Piece...

Every single one of the Straw Hats have matured with every single arc, both physically and emotionally. You can't even begin to understand that growth without watching the entire series beginning to end (still a good 400 episodes away). Every single Straw Hat has their own incredible history and a dream that they want to make come true. If even one of them died without achieving their dream, the entire One Piece viewing world would be crushed and thrown into a deep depression for several days (Going Merry's death can give you a small idea of what it would be like).

That type of character development is just not there in Naruto. The only Naruto characters I can think of who changed a lot are Naruto, Sasuke, Sakura, Gaara, and Neji. And out of those, Neji's change didn't make a whole lot of sense to me (how does being called a genius stop you from hating everyone?), and I never really got attached to Sakura in the first place. She's a wimp and a coward and only recently (Ten Tails arc) has she actually been able to do anything useful.
Orochimaru also changed really recently in the series but it was so random that it doesn't even make sense. He went from a total power-hungry evil villain to a passive spectator who likes helping people out and enjoys watching what Sasuke does...

You went on to say "You are either a sociopath or you haven't watched Naruto! Every character is amazing and has their own story!"
I didn't say Naruto (series) has BAD character development. I said One Piece has BETTER character development. Honestly, the only backstories I got really attached to were Naruto's and Gaara's... and maybe Kakashi/Obito's.

PLOT

Con: "ONE PIECE DOESN'T HAVE FILLERS? AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"
Let's do some math!
In One Piece (according to you) there are 81 filler episodes (wikia is more trustworthy than any forum). In total, One Piece has 624 episodes. That means that 13% of One Piece is fillers.
In Naruto (according to http://www.narutohq.com...) there are 215 filler episodes. In total, Naruto has 555 episodes. That makes 39% of Naruto fillers.
One Piece does have fillers. But Naruto has WAY MORE.

FIGHTING MECHANISMS

Reply 1:

That list of powers you gave would be impressive if they all belonged exclusively to one person. But actually, each of them is shared by many different people.

Susanoo, Amaterasu, Tsukuyomi
-Uchiha Sasuke
-Uchiha Itachi
-Uchiha Madara
-Uchiha Obito

Sage Mode
-Naruto
-Jiraiya
-Kabuto

Impure World Reincarnation
-2nd Hokage
-Orochimaru
-Kabuto

Six Paths of Pain
-Nagato
-Uchiha Obito

Rasengan
-4th Hokage
-Jiraiya
-Naruto
-Kakashi
PS. This is virtually the only move Naruto uses... aside from Shadow Clones and the ocassional Sage Mode or Kyuubi Mode.

In One Piece, there are 3 major fighting mechanisms
-Devil Fruits. Every devil fruit user has a different fruit, and each fruit gives a very unique power.
-Haki. 3 types. This is the only one that many people have at once.
-Martial Arts. Almost everyone has a different style of martial arts. 3 Sword Style, Rokushiki, Fishman Karate, etc.

One Piece has way more varied fighting mechanisms and much more interesting battles.
NarcissisticOverthinker

Con

NarcissisticOverthinker forfeited this round.
Romanii

Pro

NarcissisticOverthinker's account has been closed -_-
NarcissisticOverthinker

Con

Romanii

Pro

Still closed
-_-
NarcissisticOverthinker

Con

Romanii

Pro

Vote Pro.
Posted by Romanii 3 years ago
Romanii
NarcissisticOverthinker's account got closed -_-
This is ridiculous.
To date, I have never finished a One Piece vs Naruto debate because my opponent always got their account closed or forfeited all the rounds...
Here is a list of all my failed One Piece vs Naruto
http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...
sigh... -_-
Posted by Romanii 3 years ago
Romanii
Hmmm, I forgot to address the Dojutsu you mentioned in Round 2....
Rennigan is the only unique one out of the three.
The entire Uchiha clan has Sharingan (which, by the way, is starting to get overused, now...) and the entire Hyuga clan has Byakugan.
Vote Placed by Logical-Master 3 years ago
Logical-Master
NarcissisticOverthinkerRomaniiTied
Reasons for voting decision: F/F