ravi_limaye
Shaquille2015

Online Education Relevance on 1 to 10 scale

Reasons for your voting decision - Required

ravi_limaye

Pro

There is a substantial increase in number of educational institutions. However only through online education a teacher can be a global teacher. All good teachers should adopt this mode and contribute to the open education content to make world a better place for learning.
In my opinion in a networked word today education should essentially be online for universal knowledge enhancement. Here one gets to learn what he wants to and the syllabus of the institute is not thrust upon him/her.
In years to come online trend has increased and teachers can then focus on lie skill development and leave content coverage to online mode. A combination of this can make word a better place.
Shaquille2015

Con

I just want to thank ravi_limaye for instigating this debate here. This is my first debate so bare with me if my formatting is not of or near an experience online debator, but I will bring out clear and precise points in my argument. In my argument I will counter my opponents belief that online education is better than the traditional classroom teaching.

My opponent says that only through online teaching can a teacher be global, this is true in a sense that the internet is a world wide connection, but I question the quality of education being received online. With a statement like such it leaves me to believe that he is more focused on the quantity of those receiving education rather than the quality of the education being received. I question the quality because not everyone has the same learning style. Online education only tackles those who are auditory learners, but excludes those who are visual and tactic learners. Visual learning includes the usage of books, articles, etc which are not available during virtual learning, and for many who are hands on learners that obtain knowledge easier through a workshop or lab then they too are also not accommodated according to their learning needs. So if we closely look at it then yes geographically online education does make a teacher global, but when looking at the individuals that make up the global realm and their differences in how they learn, then virtual learning is not global because it only effects/ targets a specific group of learners.

Another factor that I want to bring out to prove why online education is not better than the traditional classroom is that the online student doesn't get all of the resources to truly succeed as the classroom student does. In the classroom if the teacher is giving a lecture, and there is something that you need clarity in then she is available to answer your question. This not only gives the learner the needed knowledge on the topic, but it also lets him know that help is right at his fingertips and this will give the learner more encouragement. On the other hand, when using the online virtual method unless you have a private teacher the opportunity to ask questions during a lecture is not present. Therefore the student is left to answer his own question and be his own teacher in a sense, which could serve as a hinderance to some to reach their full potential. In essence an online a teacher is a voice automated system in which he/she gives information but is incapable of thorough dialogue or interaction with their pupils. My opponent might bring out that the student could email there teacher on a later notice and ask questions, but my response to that is that a question could easily be forgotten and it is also more time consuming to send a email and then wait for the teachers response (might I add that since emailing is the only source to interact with your teacher then it is likely for the teacher to have a plethora of emails from students creating a slow response system between student and teacher).

I will rest my round one argument on that note. I will respectfully give my opponent the time to peruse my argument and develop his counter.
ravi_limaye

Pro

ravi_limaye forfeited this round.
Shaquille2015

Con

My opponent has yet to rebutal my argument so I have nothing more until he responds
ravi_limaye

Pro

Online Education content is a validated content and a quality content especially on forums like wiki, owl. It sis an effort of many who have conceptual clarily of subjects and like to share their knowledge.
We have seen that Institutions are growing in number, but what about the Output? Education sector is being called a "Recession free segment" due to growth in educational institutes.
The strength of ONLINE lies in the fact that,
1.you access the best as per your choice
2. you can debbate on forms like these
3. you can also develop the self learning skills which are essential today as technology growth and way people are thinking is changing very fast.

Till the secondary or up to high school level the institutions and one to one contact matters but true learners rely on multiple knowledge resources due to the growing nature of knowledge and inability of teachers to keep pace with latest. Online education is for teachers also to update themselves.

Hence it is time to put ourselves in the shoes of OPEN ONLINE EDUCATION and prefer it over campus which have the menace of drugs, politics, groupism, fights etc.
Shaquille2015

Con

Shaquille2015 forfeited this round.
ravi_limaye

Pro

ravi_limaye forfeited this round.
Shaquille2015

Con

Shaquille2015 forfeited this round.
Posted by gerrandesquire 6 years ago
gerrandesquire
*can't
Posted by Macroscope 6 years ago
Macroscope
I cant accept this debate because of the spelling....
Vote Placed by F-16_Fighting_Falcon 5 years ago
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
ravi_limayeShaquille2015Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Both people forfeited. Skateall is trolling.
Vote Placed by skateall24 5 years ago
skateall24
ravi_limayeShaquille2015Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Instigator is a forfeiting bitch