DelOLGuY
hockey04

Online chirping

Started: 4/10/2016 Category: Games

DelOLGuY

Pro

I believe that online chirping (example: call o duty black ops three mic insults) are fun, I need someone to go against that, if you dare
hockey04

Con

Online chirping can be co-related with cyber bullying, but on a less personal level. However, does this make it right? Online chirping can really bring out a person's character, whether it be insecurity, or the easy fact that they are hiding behind a screen so they feel that they posses an imaginary set of balls and try to pump their own tires by bringing other people down. Regardless, the relation between online chirping and cyber bullying is pretty direct. You gave the example of call of duty insults. Now I propose the question, is cyber bullying fun? Because it appears that you find online chirping fun, and I really don't see a difference between the two. Are you one of these people who are insecure and seek pleasure by bringing other people down?
DelOLGuY

Pro

You don't quite understand the point of online chirping. It is to test the limits, it is to talk about how you can overcome your challenges, it's about making fun of not other people, but making fun of other things. It is not about insulting the other person, it's about screaming into the mic, saying random things, until they crack and challenge you to a one on one. You don't try to insult the other person, you just try to make them mad, using tactical techniques and getting under your opponents skin. It is wrong to make fun of another person, unless they make fun of you. Online chirping is to use a play on words, accents, and other cracking jokes to get under your opponents skin, to weaken them, and than you can have a easy match. Insulting your opponent, is one different thing, chirping is to make practical reasoning and to make other things look like a joke, not to insult. Telling some one they suck is a minor one, but that is cyber bullying, playing and his name is john cena, into the mic, countless times, is chirping. have you ever even played a first person shooter, you will hear people screaming into the mic, trying to get under a opponents skin, but leaving the life scaring insults out of it.
hockey04

Con

The definition of chirping on UrbanDictionary.com with the best like/dislike ratio is:

Chirping
1.To insult someone
2. To have an insult battle
3. To burn someone

The context that you have provided in your round 2 rebuttal is different from that of your initial statement in round 1, where you use "black ops 3 insults," as an example of "online chirping." The key word there is insults. Yes, I do agree that playing John Cena's theme song into the mic is not insulting someone, (I too find it quite funny) but, you specifically used the word insults.

According to Merriam-Webster.com, the definition of "insult" is:

to do or say something that is offensive to (someone) : to do or say something that shows a lack of respect for (someone)

Now, the intent to offend someone sounds like cyber bullying to me. Also, I have played many first-person shooter games, and I have heard people play the John Cena theme song, and I have also heard many racial, homophobic slurs as well as other insults.

In conclusion, there are people who chirp online with good intentions and bad intentions, but based on your original statement, which is the focus of this debate, you gave the example of "black ops 3 mic insults." So it appears that the subject we are debating about focuses on the people with the bad intentions.
DelOLGuY

Pro

DelOLGuY forfeited this round.
hockey04

Con

It appears that my opponent has forfeited due to running out of time. I would like to thank him for a fun debate. I enjoyed it and it was nice to get my first debate under my belt.