Flora7
FactvsFeeling

Online games at school

FactvsFeeling
Voting Style: Open Point System: Select Winner
Started: 1/15/2017 Category: Games

Flora7

Pro

I believe schools should not block any game websites because there are multiple students who don't have electronics. That they use school computers to play games on. For an example my school district they gave every school in the district iPads. So my point being is that for the students who don't have extra electronics or none at all than schools should have gaming websites unblocked.
FactvsFeeling

Con

Visit the following to see the purpose of education in the 21st Century: http://www.teachercertification.org.... Given you have not specified the type of games, one can conclude you are expect it to be all inclusive regardless of education value. Furthermore, online games only help with certain areas of education. Given the quality of writing in your initial argument, I would suggest more education on Written Communication Skills, and less online gaming.
Flora7

Pro

When I say game websites I mean like arcade games escape games puzzles and skill games dress up games,animal games, stuff like that
FactvsFeeling

Con

Okay, please lay out your reasoning as to why school systems should afford less fortunate students the ability to play games online while learning should be taking place, and furthermore, where are the schools supposed to receive the funds to pay for this, and lastly, how could you convince a municipal government to go for this? I promise, if there was zero incentive related to education, it wouldn't pass. Incidentally, why did your school issue iPads for students? I doubt it was to play games.
Flora7

Pro

To answer your first question they would get the money to play taxes. He would be very thoughtful and generous if he were nice enough to help the poor. And yes my school did give us the iPads for if we are done with are school work than we can have free time on the iPads but we can't do that if websites are blocked. So therefore we should have gaming sites unblocked
FactvsFeeling

Con

Here's a list for parents when it comes to purchasing school supplies for High School students in 2016: http://www.greatschools.org.... No iPad Present. Speaking of parents, what if parents do not want their kids playing certain web games, or web games period at school? Aside from that, there is an immoral implication surrounding your suggestion, where a tax payer is required to fulfill a commodity, not a necessity. What about their rights?
Flora7

Pro

What about the kids who are in poverty don't you think they have a right also. And to answer your second question the parents can still monitor their kids device and send emails to the school of what their kids can't go on. And what they can go on
FactvsFeeling

Con

No, I do not believe kids have a "right" to entertainment and web-based gaming at school. Especially when they, or their parents, are not the ones paying for it. Specifically, an iPad paid for by the American taxpayer. Entertainment is a commodity, not a necessity. Let's say we go with parental supervision and emails. How are you going to address how the feelings of the kids who can't play games? Your suggestion removes equality all students currently have with the restrictions. Still care?
Flora7

Pro

Yeah so that's your opinion plus kids these days are going to grow up surrounded by electronics. And second parents shouldn't be so over protective
FactvsFeeling

Con

I have three children with another one on the way. When it comes to online gaming here are some dangers: Violence, predators, bullying, privacy issues, etc.,. Check it out: https://internetsafety101.org... . It's not being over-protective, it's being smart. When/if you have kids, hopefully you'll understand. You're right, it may be my opinion, but in this debate, I have at least listed some sources to back up my argument. In the future, you should do the same.
Posted by FactvsFeeling 1 year ago
FactvsFeeling
Doom, I gathered the same thing as you. I just watched a video of college students being asked to identify pictures of Vice President Joe Biden, President Ronald Reagan, and Kim Kardashian. They could not identify any of the political figures, but immediately knew who Kim Kardashian was. Pathetic. Yet we have advocates campaigning for the right to play video games at school. How about picking up a history book?
Posted by Doom-Guy-666-1993 1 year ago
Doom-Guy-666-1993
Factvsfeeling, i am a father also, i think some games may be beneficial, but from what pro was saying, i took as multiplayer games like World of Warcraft (if that is still a thing) or these games like Mine craf.,
Posted by Flora7 1 year ago
Flora7
I vote pro for this debate
Posted by NDECD1441 1 year ago
NDECD1441
I think con won because:
In terms off the debate, Pro used illogical points like the people in poverty thing. What does poverty have
anything to do with online games? Besides Con's points were justified, pro's were not.
Posted by FactvsFeeling 1 year ago
FactvsFeeling
The voting period on this debate seems a little excessive.
Posted by Youngastronomer 1 year ago
Youngastronomer
Why do people want entertainment legal for school? Kids are only going to take advantage and play games excessively instead of working. Only educational games should be fine like maths games for instance but an ordinary game should be banned.
Posted by FactvsFeeling 1 year ago
FactvsFeeling
Agreed. There are methods, however, which can make learning fun.
Posted by Doom-Guy-666-1993 1 year ago
Doom-Guy-666-1993
School is for learning, it is not for fun.
Vote Placed by paintballvet18 1 year ago
paintballvet18
Flora7FactvsFeeling
Who won the debate:-Vote Checkmark
Reasons for voting decision: Con ultimately wins on complete refutation of points made by Pro. Sources also back information provided. Thanks for debating!